Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? (776 Views)

Why Do Most Doctors Have Bad Handwriting? / How Most Doctors Work In Nigeria (image) / Why Do Most Doctors Write Prescriptions Illegibly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by Gentlebabs(m): 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
In my quest to help companies & organisations increase their profitability via trainings & seminars, I had intercourse with a large number of Doctors and I realised that; beyond the beautiful act of health care they are not really fulfilled financially. This to a large extend could be traceable to their hectic schedule especially in Teaching Hospitals. They work almost round the clock & have little or no time to really plan for their financial security for the future. Giving the efforts they put in, the pay is not really correspondent to the efforts. Even at that, their future is subjected to the hazards of life because one day they will retire, but on what. I have communed with various consultants & Professors in the medical field, they all think Doctors should take a course in Financial Management or even go for MBA. What can you say to advise them to help them prepare for an impending financial hollocaust?
Re: Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by onagoodday1: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gentlebabs: In my quest to help companies & organisations increase their profitability via trainings & seminars, I had intercourse with a large number of Doctors and I realised that; beyond the beautiful act of health care they are not really fulfilled financially. This to a large extend could be traceable to their hectic schedule especially in Teaching Hospitals. They work almost round the clock & have little or no time to really plan for their financial security for the future. Giving the efforts they put in, the pay is not really correspondent to the efforts. Even at that, their future is subjected to the hazards of life because one day they will retire, but on what. I have communed with various consultants & Professors in the medical field, they all think Doctors should take a course in Financial Management or even go for MBA. What can you say to advise them to help them prepare for an impending financial hollocaust?

Nothing,they are just producuts of failed educational sysytem If you think education is expensive,then try ignorance.. this popular saying has become a word through which our stake holders in the education sector uses to rip us off from being educated or getting a good education,education has made our various sectors bad and now see what education has done to our health sector http://mypharmacymydream./2013/09/06/see-what-education-has-done-to-the-health-sector/
Re: Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by Gentlebabs(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
@ On a good day, While I agree with you, it is pertinent to note that life is an olympic. Everyman has to take their destiny in their hands (Doctors Inclusive). In the long run, it'll be all man for himself and a sticth in time saves nine. Right!
Re: Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by onagoodday1: 12:23am On Sep 08, 2013
Gentlebabs: @ On a good day, While I agree with you, it is pertinent to note that life is an olympic. Everyman has to take their destiny in their hands (Doctors Inclusive). In the long run, it'll be all man for himself and a sticth in time saves nine. Right!

true talk,however in the long when somebody wishes to actually take their destiny in their hands, nobody should stand on their path
Re: Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by Gentlebabs(m): 10:46am On Sep 08, 2013
In one of Brian Tracy's books 'Earn What You Are Really Worth' he said "If you don't like what you are earning, go to your mirror & negotiate with your boss. Which also translates that U can turn your situation around by first admitting this is a problem U just have to dymystify sooner or later.
Re: Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by Gentlebabs(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
onagoodday1:

true talk,however in the long when somebody wishes to actually take their destiny in their hands, nobody should stand on their path
When they do, apply 48 laws of power....CRUSH !
Re: Why Are Most Doctors Financially Un-intelligent? by pembisco(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
which consultant works round the clock in teaching hospitals? may be in their private clinics sha.
the problem is that most of them don't venture into business, they depend sorely on salary,.

(1) (Reply)

.................................------------------------- / Pls Wat Can I Do To Make Me Fat? / Air Polluton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.