Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website (856 Views)

Drop Any Question Regarding Adsense Approval. I Will Try And Help. / I Need A Wedding Website / I Need A Flash Wedding Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by tundewoods(m): 3:31am On Jun 17, 2008
Ok let me start by saying, I dont usually do this asking for reviews regarding my recently developed websites on a public forum,but what the heck times are changing and i'm feeling rather grin bloomy today in the mood for comments & reviews on the pre wedding website for one of my close buddies.

http://www.oyinwedsbola.com
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by WebMonk(m): 4:02am On Jun 17, 2008
Awwwwww. It's lovely (always wanted to do a wedding website cheesy)

Although you would want to remove the scrollbars in the Wedding Bars and correct the misspelling under the navigation of the same page

tundewoods:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000099]
and i'm feeling rather grin bloomy today in the mood for comments & reviews.

Weddings have that aesthetic effect wink
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by syskay(m): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2008
Top-quality job! The Video is great too. In my own opinion, it’s simply flawless.
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by uspry1(f): 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2008
WOW!, very beautiful eye-catching simplify consistency wedding site dynamically!

Also i agreed with @webmonk has said about scrollbars, just little minor annoying me.

The rest of entire site you made is just AWESOME! I am sure you made your friend THEIR DAY when they saw your work!!!

Perfect paperless WEDDING INVITATION sending everyone if they have their own computerlaptop/smartphone! (only if u know how to build WAP/WML-based wedding site for all smartphone only.) grin grin
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by yawatide(f): 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2008
@tundewoods
I am sure you will agree with me that the site could benefit from the following touch-ups:

1) Our story: Rather than provide links to separate pages, I would make this a tab view. Then hide/display the appropriate pages when the tabs are clicked. I am thinking aesthetics and better download times, especially for those who use cybercafes. Tabs alone would eliminate trips to the server

2) Our photos: I would use smaller thumbnails which when clicked would expand to the bigger ones. I would also use lightbox 2 as that has "next" and "previous" buttons. Again, I am thinking about those with low bandwidth. Besides, you get to save some real estate, page-wise.

3) Instead of links to pages like "video" and "guestbook", maybe you can have an icon with the links. This would also help beautify the pages concerned.

4) Guestbook: Maybe it's just my eyes, but the white bubbles seemed to bleed into the cpl's background. I don't know what colour to use but I think the white needs to be a bit deeper.

5) Psquare video: Okay, this is personal preference but one the twin's teeth is really pronounced in the video. Looks more like fangs and are very scary to me (reminds me of dracula). I personally would go for another video but of course, this one might be your client's preference.

Other than the above, good job and use of javascript libraries for some eye candy!
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by uspry1(f): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

2) Our photos: I would use smaller thumbnails which when clicked would expand to the bigger ones. I would also use lightbox 2 as that has "next" and "previous" buttons. Again, I am thinking about those with low bandwidth. Besides, you get to save some real estate, page-wise.

@yawa-ti-de

I guess you did not experiment yourself to play with it. @Tundewoods uses lightbox configuration when you click those thumbnails, it will expand with a close button itself.
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by yawatide(f): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2008
@uspry1
I actually did. Read my post carefully. Just in case you missed it, I said, "lightbox 2" and not "lightbox". And yes, there is a difference, the main difference being again, that whereas with lightbox 1, you just click on a thumbnail, the photo shows and all you can do is close it, with lightbox 2, you can actually start a slideshow as each photo comes with a "next" and "previous" button. This, I am sure you will agree, is better than opening and closing one photo at a time.

I hope this clarifies things.
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by Afam(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
Cool website.

Have you considered replicating similar websites for intending couples?
Re: Reviews & Comments Regarding A Pre Wedding Website by mambenanje(m): 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2008
@tunde
Nice site, I was wondering if you have a personal blog so i could follow, or maybe chat on YIM ??

(1) (Reply)

Submit Your Website For Free / Hire A Web Designer/developer / How To Validate A Form Using Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.