Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Removal Of Tribal Marks - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Removal Of Tribal Marks (2075 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Many people especially nigerians love to mark their children on the face or any part of their body this is getting annoying for the children when they began to grow. in sch their other fellow student laugh at them. Which make them very uncomfortable. U will find handsum and beautiful boys and girls been turn to sumtin else as if they fought with lion. Pls this is very bad it has to stop. Pls give ur advise if it shud be stopped or not and if u know a way of cleaning tribal mark pls drop it

Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by SELENAqueensy(f): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
lol.... grin is that u?
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
SELENAqueensy: lol.... grin is that u?
yap that is me
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Vivly(f): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
Op, you got tribal marks?
Cuz i see none on the pic.
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Bkrubzy(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
It should be stoppd. And 4 doz wu thinks because itz part of our tradition,it shuld b embracd,let dem knw killin of twins ws alxo a part of our tradition n it ws erasd... Alxo apart 4rm d facial de4matn it causes,der r alxo different diseases d person cn get infectd it 2ru d cut skin...diz leads 2 d untimely death of sme children...even d origin of avin tribal marks in Yoruba land sounds absurd.
SMH 4 sme ignorant people wu stil practices it
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by ceosville(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
grin people no more fight lion with bear hands again! This is information age grin
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Vivly: Op, you got tribal marks?
Cuz i see none on the pic.
i have but mine dos not show very well but i know people who has big ones and i pity 4 dem
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
B-krubzy:
It should be stoppd. And 4 doz wu thinks because itz part of our tradition,it shuld b embracd,let dem knw killin of twins ws alxo a part of our tradition n it ws erasd... Alxo apart 4rm d facial de4matn it causes,der r alxo different diseases d person cn get infectd it 2ru d cut skin...diz leads 2 d untimely death of sme children...even d origin of avin tribal marks in Yoruba land sounds absurd.
SMH 4 sme ignorant people wu stil practices it
thanx very much i really appreciate ur contribution
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by dominique(f): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Op, pele. Your folks did what they felt was in vogue at the time. Some people sure looks good even with the tribal marks on their faces. The practice is on its way to extinction sha.
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
dominique: Op, pele. Your folks did what they felt was in vogue at the time. Some people sure looks good even with the tribal marks on their faces. The practice is on its way to extinction sha.
i hope it dose o or else all dose with mark wil go on strike parents b warned
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Enegod(m): 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
op..pele there is nth you can do abt it..find another girl that has tribal mark and toast, and sure she wont reject you..many of them are on nairaland
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Enegod: op..pele there is nth you can do abt it..find another girl that has tribal mark and toast, and sure she wont reject you..many of them are on nairaland
man girl is nt the matter am nt ugly at all oh infact i handsum and girls they luv me they hold me 4 ransum okay so am nt talking of babes
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Enegod(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gabriel6: man girl is nt the matter am nt ugly at all oh infact i handsum and girls they luv me they hold me 4 ransum okay so am nt talking of babes
why the complain since you're ok with your look?
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Vivly(f): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Most times, this tribal marks are given to kids for health purposes. Some illness after been treated for long by doctors are cured by traditionalists who tear the skin and inject herbs in it thereby creating the tribal mark.
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Gabriel6(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Enegod: why the complain since you're ok with your look?
is nt dat i dn't lyk the way i luk but i would have prefer being without mark
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Vivly: Most times, this tribal marks are given to kids for health purposes. Some illness after been treated for long by doctors are cured by traditionalists who tear the skin and inject herbs in it thereby creating the tribal mark.

Interesting.
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by dominique(f): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Vivly: Most times, this tribal marks are given to kids for health purposes. Some illness after been treated for long by doctors are cured by traditionalists who tear the skin and inject herbs in it thereby creating the tribal mark.

Those are barely noticeable incisions (gbere in yoruba language). Tribal marks depicts the region the person is from. Some are very hideous I must say.
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
dominique:

Those are barely noticeable incisions (gbere in yoruba language). Tribal marks depicts the region the person is from. Some are very hideous I must say.

I agree.

Some tribal art it just that: ART. I mean absolutely beautiful.

Like there is a nilotic tribe in sudan where they have two long,lines that go across the forehead. Their natural rich dark skin added to the beauty which when healed makes it look natural.

But ive seen some where it looks like someone had a feild day with the razers lol.
Re: Removal Of Tribal Marks by omatech: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
to remove your tribal mark visit http://tribalmarkremoval..com/ whatsapp them on +2348163115844 they are the best so far world wide and they are very cheap and perfect

(1) (Reply)

Old Wives Tales About Pregnancy / Bako New Yam Festival. Ogoja Cross River State. / Yorubas In England/abroad, Come Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.