Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Camry Problem; Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry Problem; Help! (1523 Views)

Honda 2002 Gearbox Problem! Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry Problem; Help! by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2013
Guys I will be glad if I can find solution to this problem here.
The car is 1996 camry 2.2. Yesterday I was driving the car and it started shaking, also the rpm pulled down and almost stalling at braking. Now this morning, the car runs well in P, N, and it shakes and dies in D, but drives normally in R. When engaged D, it shakes violently and dies. When put in R, it runs well, no shaking and it moves. When put in N and P, it runs well too. I will like to have ideas before I take it to the mechs. Tanks in advance.
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2013
tpacalipse: Guys I will be glad if I can find solution to this problem here.
The car is 1996 camry 2.2. Yesterday I was driving the car and it started shaking, also the rpm pulled down and almost stalling at braking. Now this morning, the car runs well in P, N, and it shakes and dies in D, but drives normally in R. When engaged D, it shakes violently and dies. When put in R, it runs well, no shaking and it moves. When put in N and P, it runs well too. I will like to have ideas before I take it to the mechs. Tanks in advance.

the D flashing on the dashboard ? also when did you check the gearbox oil level
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

the D flashing on the dashboard ? also when did you check the gearbox oil level
Actually, D has not been flashing on the dashboard. If u are referring to the ATF, I still checked it today and seemed alright, but if it is the gear oil in the axle, I checked last three months ago.
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by clemz85(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sir, I use the same camry and have had gear issues, best idea is- run a tranny scan asap, if auto tranny scan doesn't detect any fault then its possibly have somthn to do with the gear fibres

Am not sure
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
clemz85: Sir, I use the same camry and have had gear issues, best idea is- run a tranny scan asap, if auto tranny scan doesn't detect any fault then its possibly have somthn to do with the gear fibres

Am not sure
I did that sometimes ago, when I sensed the gear was misbehaving and the code generated was interpreted as shift solenoid electrical malfunction. I did not trust anyone with the car, so I decided to leave it with the thinking that when I am ready, I will drive it to Lagos for fixing. Well, if it is the gear box that has finally packed up, it is gona be parked for a long time at home since I ain't got money to waste on autogear with all these bad experiences flying around. I pray it is not the gear sha. Tanx bro.
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
tpacalipse: Actually, D has not been flashing on the dashboard. If u are referring to the ATF, I still checked it today and seemed alright, but if it is the gear oil in the axle, I checked last three months ago.

when was the oil last changed ?
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

when was the oil last changed ?
I changed the ATF in July, this year.
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by JUO(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2013
I changed the ATF in July, this year.
with ?
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
tpacalipse: Guys in the house, I will love it if I could be helped with these two rides in terms of anything that has to do with keeping them on the road.

I inspected these two rides this morning at a dealership, not far from where I live, and o boy, I loved the trailblazer, and the person I did the job for loved the car too. We got both the Trailblazer and the Santa Fe for 1.3 million naira each. She want to make her decision, but a little bit scared now to choose. We actually went to check on a Mercedes C180 1997 or there about but ended up ignoring the C class as we laid eyes on the Trailblazer and the Santa Fe.

I have done a little googling on these rides for infos, but won't hurt if I can get some opinions from the my car freaks on NL. Please, which one shud she take and why?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt replies.
how far with this?
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by sultaan(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
Is your check e fine light on?

Take a picture of the dashboard gages with the engine running one post it.

Also take a pic of engine to see if anything is missing

You will to scan it it is OBDll compliance
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by RipVanWink: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2013
it might not be gearbox related o...am thinking along the lines of dirty maf/throttle body etc..........bad gearbox doesnt make the car to vibrate on idle

but poster shud state what type of fluid he changed the gearbox with too
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
likely, your brain box has gone bad...
Re: Camry Problem; Help! by sultaan(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
okpara ugo: likely, your brain box has gone bad...

Bull&*#^%1

The usual cause of that shake is misfire, vacuum leak, dirty throttle body, Idle Air Control valve.

Here is how you diagnose,

If your Check Engine Light is on scan it first and post the code(s)
If CEL is off but the idle is fluctuating (slow going up and down), then it is vacuum, or dirty 'nozzle' throttle body, the IAC is on the throttle body you will have to clean with a throttle body cleaner pull the sensor and clean it too then look at all the black air hoses for cracks

(1) (Reply)

Always Had The Notion That The 2013 Kia Cerato And 2013 Ford Focus Are Similar / Latest Trick Between Police And Road Safety On The New Tinted Permit / Maintenance Cost For Nissan Altima 2001 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.