Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

Do We Need To See Survey Plan Before Buying Land? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do We Need To See Survey Plan Before Buying Land? (472 Views)

The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Pitfalls To Avoid When Buying Land / Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Need To See Survey Plan Before Buying Land? by sure4real: 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
I and my friend want buy a plot of land and divide it into half plot per per,when contact the baba incharge,he said he cannot show up the survey plan that covered the whole plot,also said each plot will pay 40k for foundation,20k for family receipt,20k for Omo Oko(area boy).my fear is that how I will sure is the bonafide owner of the land?also is not ready to let us know the Surveyor,so that we can ask him so questions?kindly advise on what to do.should will proceed?
Re: Do We Need To See Survey Plan Before Buying Land? by ilaugh1: 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ask for the family surveyor if it is a family land. It must have some form of title of course. Insist on seeing something, but maybe not a survey pla, it may not have been surveyed previously, in which case you have to survey in your name.
Re: Do We Need To See Survey Plan Before Buying Land? by femiseun1: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
Option 1: Better take your money and run !!!!
Option 2 : U confront him with a good property lawyer and surveyor.
Or else
Once the baba collects the land money, he rushes you into erecting the foundation and collects another payment. The real owner will now appear and they will tell you the baba is dead. So You are on your own grin

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Flat Newly Renovated For Rent In Gbagada, Lagos / For Sale: A Block Of 4 nos of 3 B/r Flats @ John Olugbo Str, Ikeja. N60m / 3 Bedroom Flat To Rent At Ijeshatedo, Surulere. Lagos @ N300,000.00 Per Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.