Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. (2932 Views)

Real Madrid ‘lining Up Shock Transfer Bid’ For Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by 4reigningqueen: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Towards the end of the careers of Nwankwo Kanu and Austin Okocka, i remember listening to a radio sports program presented by Bimbo Adeola who said a talented Nigerian footballer has been discovered with a height like that of Kanu and as skillfull as J.J.Okocha. These two superstars were and still are my favorites but i longed to see the guy that is combining the attributes of my two respected stars.

I saw Mikel play, and i was not disappointed and since then, he has won my heart with is sublime passes, skills and the way he "bullys" opponents on the pitch.

You dont need to struggle for somethings because if you have it, you have it. It is called TALENT!

I cannot wait for January to come to see you crowned as the Africas Best Player.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by 4reigningqueen: 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
more of my hero!

Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Yep. Dats my mikel

Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by elektra80: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
With the present form of Yaya Toure, I doubt Mikel will be crowned African best player.
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by Charles487: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
elektra80: With the present form of Yaya Toure, I doubt Mikel will be crowned African best player.
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by Mannylex(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
elektra80: With the present form of Yaya Toure, I doubt Mikel will be crowned African best player.
Mikel won the nation's cup where he was a very essential asset, as well as playing In the confederation cup. Yaya might be in form, but at present Mikel has achieved more this year. That would also be a factor in the crowning of the African best player.
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by Madawaki01(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
Africa best player....JOHN OBI MIKEL....but seriously,who they wan give,rusty eto'o or na drogba wey clubs dey toss around now?.
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by elektra80: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mannylex:
Mikel won the nation's cup where he was a very essential asset, as well as playing In the confederation cup. Yaya might be in form, but at present Mikel has achieved more this year. That would also be a factor in the crowning of the African best player.

Messi did not win the World cup in 2010 and he won Ballon D'or. He didn't win the Champion's League or LA Liga in in 2012 and yet he won Ballon D'or. So My friend, Yaya is a potential candidate for Africa's best player, he has been in tremendous form and does more for Manchester city than Mikel does for Chelsea. It is called best player award, therefore based on individual players achievement, has nothing to do with team achievment. Why did a Zambia player not win the award in 2012
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by elektra80: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Madawaki01: Africa best player....JOHN OBI MIKEL....but seriously,who they wan give,rusty eto'o or na drogba wey clubs dey toss around now?.

Ever heard of Yaya Toure?

Messi did not win the World cup in 2010 and he won Ballon D'or. He didn't win the Champion's League or LA Liga in in 2012 and yet he won Ballon D'or. So My friend, Yaya is a potential candidate for Africa's best player, he has been in tremendous form and does more for Manchester city than Mikel does for Chelsea. It is called best player award, therefore based on individual players achievement, has nothing to do with team achievment. Why did a Zambia player not win the award in 2012
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by Haywhymido(m): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
All hail mikel
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by Mannylex(m): 2:36am On Sep 24, 2013
elektra80:

Messi did not win the World cup in 2010 and he won Ballon D'or. He didn't win the Champion's League or LA Liga in in 2012 and yet he won Ballon D'or. So my friend, Yaya is a potential candidate for Africa's best player, he has been in tremendous form and does more for Manchester city than Mikel does for Chelsea. It is called best player award, therefore based on individual players achievement, has nothing to do with team achievment. Why did a Zambia player not win the award in 2012

I didn't say winning the nation's cup makes it a must that Mikel must win, I said it would be a factor. By the way you can't compare any Zambian player with Mikel, in terms of club. We all know in 2004, Okocha deserved to win the African best player, but he wasn't awarded, cause he was playing for Bolton which was a much lesser club, when compared with where eto was playing.
Re: Celebrating My Hero- John Obi Mikel. by elektra80: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mannylex:

I didn't say winning the nation's cup makes it a must that Mikel must win, I said it would be a factor. By the way you can't compare any Zambian player with Mikel, in terms of club. We all know in 2004, Okocha deserved to won the African best player, but he wasn't awarded, cause he was playing for Bolton which was a much lesser club, when compared with where eto was playing.

Again.. it makes a little difference the club u play for. In 2010, Asamoah Gyan won it and he was playing for Sunderland.. He didn't win the Nations cup and didn't win the league either. This year its going to be a close call between Mikel and Yaya Toure, they both play for top clubs, but Yaya Toure is in a better form than Mikel and he is key player in Manchester City which cannot be said of Mikel. I wish Mikel to win it.. but its not a sure banger like u think..

(1) (Reply)

Norwegian Sure Bankers (1.50-3.00 Odds) / Dele Alli's Estranged Parents' Tearful Plea 4 Star To Let Dem Back Into his life / Kroos, Muller Ozil Among Stars Left Out Of Germany Confed Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.