Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,937 members, 7,810,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

ASUU Or Federal Government: Who Is To Be Blamed? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Or Federal Government: Who Is To Be Blamed? (1086 Views)

Private Varsity Graduates Or Federal/state Graduates Which Is Better / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Or Federal Government: Who Is To Be Blamed? by Danchito: 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
As a final year student of the university of Benin, I was very close to writing my final year exams when the academic staff union of university (ASUU) decided to go on strike to compel the federal government to implement part of the 2009 agreement reached between both sides, claiming that they want the federal government to tackle the problems facing the university education in the country.

Some critics have condemned the federal government for refusing to honour the terms of agreements it willingly signed. On the other hand, critics of ASUU say the union is “insensitive” to the plights of students and that they are only interested in increasing their pockets alone.

Am throwing this question out to my fellow student out there to answer, do you think ASUU is asking for too much or do you also think that the federal government has the money to settle ASUU but have refuse to release it because they don’t have the student interest at heart.
Please give reasons for your answers.
http://www.moniways.com

Re: ASUU Or Federal Government: Who Is To Be Blamed? by Ramanto(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
i personally blame ASUU at ths juncture because the government has made substantial moves to end the strike
Re: ASUU Or Federal Government: Who Is To Be Blamed? by fabby26(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ramanto: i personally blame ASUU at ths juncture because the government has made substantial moves to end the strike

Seconded

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Post Utme Form 2014/2015 Academic Session Is Out / Current Affairs For Both Post UTME & DE Candidates / Unn 2014 Post Ume Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.