Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board (888 Views)

The Benin-ife Historical Link: Matters Arising. / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. / Yoruba Origin Revisited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
"So each piece of oral evidence must be checked and cross-checked against another...it must pass through the searching crucible of historical critism and analysis if it to be acceptable as authentic historical evidence"

---Dr. Saburi Oladeni Biobaku.

Given these two perspectives [internal and external origins] and all we have learn at school and various places, what is your lasting impression as to the subject at hand? the quest for yoruba origin started with the indigenous efforts of individuals such as Revd. Ajayi Crowder, Mr. Sibthorphe and down to the close of the 20th century, when 'the History of the Yorubas', By Revd. Samuel Johnson appeared.

Ever since this time, the need to reduce Yoruba history from the medieval period to our time has been on forefront of the agenda of the Yoruba nation as headed then by the late sage, chief Obafemi Awolowo, who for this singular reason established the 'Yoruba historical Research scheme.' the scheme was headed by Late Dr. Saburi Biobaku, and guilds of eminent historians and Scholars such as Dr. Robin Law, A.B. Aderibigbe, A.I Ashiwaju et al.

They were able to produce two classic volumes, 'Studies in Yoruba History and culture' and 'Source of Yoruba history'? that has stand the test of time. Major research works are ongoing presently at different places on the same issue of Yoruba origin, but being part of a community like this, what do you have on the issue that can really be quoted on a book of such historical magnitude with your name attached on it, assuming that such is in the offing? kindly quote source if you are using an outsourced material. do not hesitate to put your name. Thanks.

"Do not invent a new, weird theories when a simple, common sense answer already exist."

---William Occam.
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by macof(m): 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
life was first created in ile-ife. simple
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
macof: life was first created in ile-ife. simple

with that simple attitude, you sweep a lot of million years under the wind and they no longer mean anything, even the detail of this same tradition of creation you love to upohold. Now fill in the gap:

Who created this life at ile ife first?
Who saw it and reported the story to you?
What evidence do you have of this story?
Where are the remnants of things s/he used?
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by macof(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
prexios:

with that simple attitude, you sweep a lot of million years under the wind and they no longer mean anything, even the detail of this same tradition of creation you love to upohold. Now fill in the gap:

Who created this life at ile ife first?
Who saw it and reported the story to you?
What evidence do you have of this story?
Where are the remnants of things he used?

1. Oduduwa created the land of ile-ife from which expanded to form all lands of the earth....Obatala created the first humans. Both were on the orders of Olodumare

2. Orunmila knows all and reported the story to the people of ife through ifa

3. Ifa says so, and I rather believe ifa than any foreign hypocritical message

4. Red sand which is everywhere in ile-ife, u should go there and make ur research cause trying to find where Yoruba came from outside the South west of Nigeria is a mission impossible, Ile-ife is where migration started from.
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
macof:

1. Oduduwa created the land of ile-ife from which expanded to form all lands of the earth....Obatala created the first humans. Both were on the orders of Olodumare

2. Orunmila knows all and reported the story to the people of ife through ifa

3. Ifa says so, and I rather believe ifa than any foreign hypocritical message

4. Red sand which is everywhere in ile-ife, u should go there and make ur research cause trying to find where Yoruba came from outside the South west of Nigeria is a mission impossible, Ile-ife is where migration started from.

having said that,

what year was this creation with precise scientific analysis?

which people by their own accord trace descent to ile ife among the neigbouring people?

how long has this story been around?

what was the need for creation?

what other stories available elsewhere to corroborate your story as true?

the red mud, is it only available at ife or what significance does it serve?

why did God choose ile Ife?
who was Olodumare?
who was oduduwa?
who was obatala?
who was orunmila?
what is ifa ?
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by macof(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
prexios:

having said that,

what year was this creation with precise scientific analysis?

which people by their own accord trace descent to ile ife among the neigbouring people?

how long has this story been around?

what was the need for creation?

what other stories available elsewhere to corroborate your story as true?

the red mud, is it only available at ife or what significance does it serve?

why did God choose ile Ife?
who was Olodumare?
who was oduduwa?
who was obatala?
who was orunmila?
what is ifa ?

Pls go research this things urself
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
macof:

Pls go research this things urself

That tells you what you are claiming does not have substance other than that it is a fiat believe.
You gave me a line of believe and i ask questions about it, then you throw it back to me. You are
meant to know better about these names you drop as De-facto in Yoruba history, simple.
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by macof(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
prexios:

That tells you what you are claiming does not have substance other than that it is a fiat believe.
You gave me a line of believe and i ask questions about it, then you throw it back to me. You are
meant to know better about these names you drop as De-facto in Yoruba history, simple.
All that has been proven here is ur laziness. why waste ur time on this thread? am the only one dropping comments anyway. make ur own research and find wat u can believe
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by PAPAAFRICA: 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Da middle east cheesy
Re: Yoruba Origin: Matters Arising Across Board by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
macof:
All that has been proven here is ur laziness.

agreed, but i am not too lazy, i only want you to substantiate your just claims, i do not want to 'buy it' because you can 'sell it.'

macof:
why waste ur time on this thread?

it is not a wast of time, any other person might contribute, and if none, it makes no difference.

macof:
am the only one dropping comments anyway.

if you have valuable information, it will help people reading.

macof:
make ur own research and find wat u can believe

okay, but it should be what majority can believe, enikan kii j'awade.

(1) (Reply)

Akon's Brother Makes A Post About Wizkid And Sina Rambo Finds It Amusing / Happy Raksha Bandhan Wishes Messages 2015 / BBC Lists Out The Most Common ‘unruly’ Behaviours Displayed By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.