Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? (832 Views)

Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture / You Came In And Found This Monster Around Your Child. Your Reaction? (photo) / 8-Month-Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Hearing For The First Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Krasid(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
How did you parents react when you brought your report cards on the final day of school?Did they support you Irrespective of your grade or Did they caution you to improve your grades?
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by benkings(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
when u perofrm very poorly n u are told to repeat a class

parents will be like 'no christmas clothes' lol
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by pxjosh(m): 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Then i always took 3rd, my dad would just say "there's room fr improvment"
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
By the time I was in primary 3 no one bothers to Check my result, I always come second to none,though I became second for the first time in primary 5.
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
They didn't have time for my report card grin.

They were after my sister"s own as she happens to be the best brain in the house. Wanna make sure she maintains the first position.
Worked for me, as I was relaxed throughout my school days. No pressure at all. cool
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Ichliebedich(f): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
I always had good grades and they were happy. I remember the one time is lost my 3rd position in primary sch. I felt rili bad bt they continued to encourage me.
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
"You will be starting apprenticeship at Lati's workshop after the holidays, I advise you enjoy the holidays well and say goodbye to your friends."
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
I got gifts!
The gifts stopped after a while sha embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by ciphoenix: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
All I got was a nod. Never cared for that anyway. Success just came
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by slimyem: 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
My grades weren't consistent so different reactions came with them. All I know is I always did my best and made my failures as minimal as possible so there won't be so much to dwell on.
Largely,my parents weren't so hard on me concerning results.
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by mysticgal(f): 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
all of you thay commented above me,ah you mean to you never got lastundecided anyway i tried my best and it was appreciated
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by didicold(f): 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
Dere was always room for improvement, i dont think i was ever in the top five, but d disappointment was mild since i was d lastborn, i think dey used up all dier energy on d first two,lol
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by didicold(f): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Dere was always room for improvement, i dont think i was ever in the top five, but d disappointment was mild since i was d lastborn, i think dey used up all dier energy on d first two,lol.
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by BasseyJ(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
first it was with laughter, my sister's can laff a dull brain to become intelligent, in jss1, took 37th out of 40, I just saw PROMOTED on trial(with emphasis on promotedgrin ) , and was very happy dancing expecting praise, they laughed at me through the holidays, I had to sit up, remember once, they killed a fowl for me as my reward, but it's mainly cash grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by homesteady(m): 12:22am On Sep 11, 2013
I always came 1st in Nursery school! Then I started taking middle position in primary school gringrin . My lowest position was 25th out of 42! And nothing concern me oh!! I'll still play gringrin
Then when my father sees the result, he'll start preaching to me how he cried for one week because he got 2nd position, instead of his normal 1st position! That all his family members will be begging him to eat!
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by HotPotato(m): 5:22am On Sep 11, 2013
My mother gave me the flogging of my life, when i came 2nd in Primary 4. According to her, i failed, and as a further punishment, i went to school bare-footed for the 1st month of the new term.
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by AbuMikey(m): 8:16am On Sep 11, 2013
I see lies EVERYWHERE!!!
Everybody jus dey lie say them carry 1st and 2nd!!

No wahala o!! Keep Lying oo grin
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by Krasid(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
As for me, My father didn't have to say anything, just the look he gives you when you fail can make you pee on your shorts.So, failing was not an option.
Re: What Was Your Parents Reaction To Your Grades/Report Card When You Were A Kid? by ARareGem(f): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hot Potato: My mother gave me the flogging of my life, when i came 2nd in Primary 4. According to her, i failed, and as a further punishment, i went to school bare-footed for the 1st month of the new term.
shocked

Erm, they were encouraging. The lowest I got was 20 something in JSS3. It was then it dawned on me that I had been playing way too much. grin I remember how I hid my result sheet under my bed for weeks. My mum kept asking for it, I kept posting her. Little did I know that she'd already seen it. The woman just follow me dey play... Nway's, the incident ended with sweet lashings from my mum. grin No one told me before I buckled up. grin I thank God for my parents. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Baby-girl Boomer Generation? / A Must Read! Mindset Determines If A Child Will End Up Rich Or Poor / SHOCKING: Househelp Forcefully Delivers 6- Month-old Baby (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.