Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic (733 Views)

Oguchi Onyewu Celebrates His 33rd Birthday / Why Sports Stars Go Broke- Sunday Oliseh / Oguchi Onyewu To Star In The 2010 Fifa World Cup With U.s. National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic by lovetterrison(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed how Oguchi Onyewu, the American defender of Nigerian descent, broke his ribs in a fight when both of them were at AC Milan.

The revelations are included in a biography by the Swede, that is being serialised by British paper, Daily Mail

Serious

- I had issues with Oguchi Onyewu, a guy in my team. He was an American the size of a house, and I told a mate in the squad: ‘Something serious is gonna happen. I just feel it.’ Zlatan wrote.

- Onyewu resembled a heavyweight boxer. He was nearly 6ft 5in and weighed over 15 stone, but he couldn’t handle me. He accused me of trash talking, but that wasn’t true.

- People trash talk me. I’ve heard so much over the years: ‘F****** gypsy’, stuff about my mum — all that stuff. I retaliate with my body, not with words.

Trash talk

- I told Onyewu I did not trash talk, but he just kept on. He shushed me with his finger. Then he did it again. I saw red. I didn’t say anything, not a word. That b****** was going to find out how I trash-talk!

- The next time he got the ball in training, I rushed towards him and jumped up with my feet and studs out in front — the worst type of tackle. But he saw me and leapt out of the way.

- As we both crashed to the ground, my first thought was: ‘S**t! I’ve missed!’ As I got up and walked away I felt a blow to my shoulder. Not a good idea, Oguchi Onyewu.

Head butt

- I headbutted him, and we flew at each other. We wanted to tear each other limb from limb. It was brutal. We were rolling around, punching and kneeing each other. We were crazy and furious — it was like life and death.

- Afterwards, the weirdest thing happened. Onyewu started praying to God with tears in his eyes, making the sign of the cross. This felt like a provocation, and I got more furious.

- I was stopped by my team-mates, and I suppose that was a good thing. It could have turned out nasty.
- All the time, I was thinking: my chest hurts,’ so we had it checked out. I’d broken a rib in the fight.

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/onyewu-broke-my-ribs-in-a-fight--ibrahimovic
Re: Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic by emperorchedda(m): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pride goes b4 a fall

1 Like

Re: Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic by lovetterrison(m): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
emperorchedda: Pride goes b4 a fall

true that
Re: Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic by Tolexander: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
Egugun omo igbo.

1 Like

Re: Onyewu Broke My Ribs In A Fight - Ibrahimovic by 190theclown: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
190 was here too

lemme give a shout out to all my babes on nairaland

una too much oh!

(1) (Reply)

History Of Nigeria At The Fifa U17 World Cup Final Matches / A Thread For Nairaland Fans Going To The World Cup In Brasil Next Year / Why Chelsea Strikers Would Continue To Fail Scoring-ancelotti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.