Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Car Parts Manufacturing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Car Parts Manufacturing (643 Views)

How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria / The Formula, Composition And Manufacturing Of Detergent / Exporting Used Car Parts To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Parts Manufacturing by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
why is it that some basic metal parts needed in cars cannot be moulded/cast in nigeria?

i sought for a particular spare part for one week and when i got it, the price was outrageous. it had to be gotten from a dissembled car or scrap...

i need mettallurgical engineers on this thread plssss...

why is it that we do not apply the knowledge we acquire in school to solving problems around us. the innoson we know today doesnt seem to me like a graduate. but he is solving problems in the automotive industry....

i challenge our engrs to start solving problems. that is why china is recognized globally. their problem solving ability is really high...

i have this car part, i need a mettarllurgist to analyze it, tell me what metal it is and where it can be sourced because am producing it...
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2013
23 views, no response...

the vehicle component i am talking about has already been fixed on my car. felllow engineers, am a chemical engr. we all know engineering is all encompassing... i started this thread not because i do not know where to go and get this car component fabricated under one week but because i want to pull together like minds. who knows who you might be helping? so this is purely business and production from scratch...

my options are many, approaching blacksmiths, approaching engineering fabricating shops, approaching govt technical schools, approaching a mech engr don to include my component in his project topics...
fresh enginerring graduates are also invited on this thread..

what i have not done is what i have told myself i cannot do.
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by sonety2k(m): 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
cool
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by dublinkmy6: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Thank God! Found someone who thinks like me. Just that i'm not a graduate, but I see a lot of money encoded in problems that I think a lot of our graduates should be solving and making money from, instead of carrying brief cases around looking for jobs that their fellow graduates have provided.
On topic, apart from this spare part you are talking about, I have an idea I would like people like us to work on.
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by naijacutee(f): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
If this is a relatively simple, non-moving part, I believe 3D printing technology is the way forward. Up front cost is hefty, but like you have rightly pointed out, the potential is there. Just download the specifications from the manufacturers website and print the part you want for you and for customers. See: http://www.policymic.com/articles/41111/how-much-does-a-3d-printer-cost-still-expensive-but-becoming-more-affordable
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
dublinkmy6: Thank God! Found someone who thinks like me. Just that i'm not a graduate, but I see a lot of money encoded in problems that I think a lot of our graduates should be solving and making money from, instead of carrying brief cases around looking for jobs that their fellow graduates have provided.
On topic, apart from this spare part you are talking about, I have an idea I would like people like us to work on.

come up with it...
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
naijacutee: If this is a relatively simple, non-moving part, I believe 3D printing technology is the way forward. Up front cost is hefty, but like you have rightly pointed out, the potential is there. Just download the specifications from the manufacturers website and print the part you want for you and for customers. See: http://www.policymic.com/articles/41111/how-much-does-a-3d-printer-cost-still-expensive-but-becoming-more-affordable

i loved the write up so much.... there is a place where i did my IT where i can produce that component... it is a non movable car brake component wholly made of an alloy/metal...

with this 3d printing technology, all you need is a pc detailing the engineering drawing of what you want to mould/cast...
Re: Car Parts Manufacturing by OliviaNelson: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
It all depends on the complexity of the production of parts. In addition, the brand and quality of the manufacturer are now valued on the market, and it will be more difficult for new companies to enter the market. Now there are whole lists like coil spring manufacturers where you can find all manufacturers of this type of part.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Delivery Agency That Can Deliver Goods From The US Of A / Access Bank Plc Frustrates Me / Business Opportunity As Tyre Distributors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.