Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nairaland.com Suggestion Box - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland.com Suggestion Box (1064 Views)

Suggestion Box / Suggestion Box / xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by maxit2(m): 4:41am On Sep 10, 2013
Hi Everyone,
This is actually my first topic since i've been using Nairaland. I find this website a very interesting,entertaining and interactive one.
Here's just a few suggestion i feel Nairaland.com authors should include to make this forum a better experience.

1. Include a dislike button.
When someone writes something nice, it is common for us to click on like showing our consent and approval of the person's view/opinion.
But wouldn't it be nice also for us to be able to show our frown and disapproval to some very improper comments? like the constant Tribal issues, END TIME DISEASE and misplaced advertisement.
This way, there would be no need to "quote" a person's whole comment and use abusive words just to let them know we disapprove of their view/opinion. Instead we just click the dislike button.
Furthermore, this action will help to reduce the MOD's constant work of searching and hiding posts. Simply automate it such that if a person's dislike becomes too much, the comment is automatically hidden.

2. 'Quote' notification.
Just like we are notified when someone likes our post. It will also be nice to be notified via our login page when someone quotes our comment. This is because anyone quoting you obviously needs your attention to either answer a question or make your points clearer or simply just disapproving or agreeing to whatever it is you may have said.
Also, it will be nice to know who "liked" your comment.(This may not totally be important)

3. Banning.
Banning a person's username is a total waste of time. He/she simply creates another. Nairaland is a free website. My suggestion, why not bann and add the person's IP to a blacklist table. If that is not effective, can you also use cookies to identify a previous offender ?

This will be all for now. Please add your own contributions and suggestions. Let's hope someone works on them.
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 10, 2013
I concur with you, especially 1 &3. mods shld be stripped off banning rights, cos there're using it to witch hurt innocent NL users.

nice one op oga seun will soon be here to respond

1 Like

Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by Ajibel(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2013
And please we teens need a teenage board or subsection wink

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by Nmeri17: 5:58am On Sep 12, 2013
Ajibel: And please we teens need a teenage board or subsection wink

no no nairaland does not need it. Its going to become childish. If u want suchs, just stick to 2go

OP if these are the kinda suggestions you'll be making them we dont need the suggestion box.The site is perf the way it is ^
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by CODEEATER(m): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2013
MY HUMBLE OPINION:

A SHOUT BOX OR MINI CHAT BOX.

A PM SYSTEM...I HATE THIS EMAIL SHIT..

ND MAYB A NEW LOOK...NAIRALAND IS OLD,ND HAS D SAME LOOK SINCE... NEEDS A MAKE OVER..
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by maxit2(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2013
Nmeri17:

no no nairaland does not need it. Its going to become childish. If u want suchs, just stick to 2go

OP if these are the kinda suggestions you'll be making them we dont need the suggestion box.The site is perf the way it is ^
dude, this site is not near perfection.
A suggestion is not a must to implement. Giving everyone a chance to let you know what they want from you is good for the growth of any business..
As for me, i do not really support the idea of a new look (With graphics and all) this will drag the speed cos of time needed to load all the graphics should they change css n look.

All i am asking only takes a few PHP if statements, perhaps a new mysql table or row. THAT'S ALL.
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by Ajibel(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nmeri17:

abeg when did i tell u that i'm on 2go
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by AbuMikey(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ajibel: And please we teens need a teenage board or subsection wink
The obvious truth! But I just hope Mr Oluwaseun Osewa looks deep into this suggesstion!
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by Nmeri17: 10:19am On Sep 21, 2013
maxi-t:

dude, this site is not near perfection.
A suggestion is not a must to implement. Giving everyone a chance to let you know what they want from you is good for the growth of any business..
As for me, i do not really support the idea of a new look (With graphics and all) this will drag the speed cos of time needed to load all the graphics should they change css n look.

All i am asking only takes a few PHP if statements, perhaps a new mysql table or row. THAT'S ALL.

lol.but not err1 has sane suggestions. As a matter of fact, there are more insane than sane suggestions that'll be made
Re: Nairaland.com Suggestion Box by fightforchange1(f): 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
A place where u can block people

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Mob Burnt Lecturer To Death For Killing Five Pupils. Picture / A 24-day-old Baby Dies After Being Kissed By An Adult With Herpes Virus / We’ve Not Received Reports Of Threat To Fr Mbaka’s Life – POLICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.