Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

3 Reasons We Quit Our Dreams!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Reasons We Quit Our Dreams!! (674 Views)

When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / 3 Reasons You’ll Never Earn More Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons We Quit Our Dreams!! by coffeey(f): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
1)WHAT IF I FAIL?
We NEED to make mistakes.
That is the best way of learning anything.
No amount of “qualifications” will teach you the stuff that a mistake can teach you.
Success does not necessarily teach you anything. And expecting to constantly succeed at EVERYTHING in life, every step of the way, has to be the biggest delusion imaginable.
Your free to drop your opinions.
Re: 3 Reasons We Quit Our Dreams!! by 1forall: 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
We're waiting for the other two..
Re: 3 Reasons We Quit Our Dreams!! by coffeey(f): 8:13am On Sep 11, 2013
2)WAITING TO BE INSPIRED
How’s that working out for you?
Have you been waiting a few years now?
Who, or WHAT, is supposed to magically inspire you?
Sure, inspiration is GREAT. A motivational piece can be very useful. It temporarily makes us believe WE CAN DO ANYTHING (which we need to start believing).
But then the feeling passes … and we’re back at square one.
Then we wait for our next dose of “inspiration” (now available in a multitude of different flavours …).
And the cycle continues …
Let’s face it – this is why “self-help” books sell so damn well.
Many of us LOVE devouring this type of stuff (including me!). And it CAN certainly be useful – but only if combined with ACTION. Don’t fall into the trap of becoming addicted to “inspiration”. Most people never take the ACTION required.
Re: 3 Reasons We Quit Our Dreams!! by coffeey(f): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sorry for bringing the last one late...
3) I’M PLANNING ON THINKING ABOUT POSSIBLY DOING IT SOMETIME… MAYBE
Whoa, hold your horses there, cowboy! Don’t be so committed!!
We both know what happens here.
Ultimately, NOTHING.
Stop “thinking” about planning. Sit down and do it RIGHT NOW.
Believe it or not, there is NO such thing as the “ perfect time” to start something. It’s only your lazy brain trying to convince you that something like that exists.
Tomorrow will be no different from today, but you will be one day further away from your dream.
And one day closer to death…
Okay, I promise to stop saying that!.
So start something NOW, and within an hour you will be on a roll.
Then focus on finding at least SOME time EVERY DAY to continue pursuing your dreams.
This might only mean 10 minutes some days, or maybe 30-60 minutes if you’re lucky. BUT IT’S BETTER THAN NOTHING.
Imagine you find 1 hour a day for a whole year. That’s just over 15 FULL 24-HOUR days of working towards your dream. Or, if you prefer, that’s 45 8-hour work days. That’s like 2 months of work!! And that’s even while you’re already working another job!
So use this time, and the momentum will build (if you truly enjoy what you are doing of course!).

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up A Computer Base Test (CBT) Center For Secondary Schools / Become An Autocad Expert In A Few Weeks!!! / Do You Know You Can Make Everyday Feel Like A Friday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.