Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

ATM Withdrawal Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Withdrawal Charges (8187 Views)

What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal Today / Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / CBN Orders Banks To Refund Withdrawal Charges In 30 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Withdrawal Charges by seyibrown(f): 11:19am On Jun 18, 2008
Does your bank charge you when you withdraw money using an ATM?

If yes? How much?
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2008
GTBank charges nothing for making withdrawals with an ATM card.

The only charge is the usual COT charged when withdrawing from a current account.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by salehm(m): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2008
Intercontinental Bank Charge N10 on every withdrawal using ATM
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Tutheworld: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2008
we should all know that one of the reasons why anyone would set-up a biz is to make money/profit,and ATMrs are not acquired for free,so let this justify any bank that charges on any ATm withdrawal you make.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by seyibrown(f): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Tutheworld

Some Banks charge and some dont charge you for using the ATM.

The question is 'how much?'.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Tutheworld: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2008
if a bank choose nt to charge for any transaction carried out on it ATM,it is left for the bank to decide,but 1 thing i'm sure of is that it can n will be for long before the bank will start charging any transaction from it ATM.'cos the ATMs' were not acquired for free and once again 1 of the primary aim of any biz organisation is to make profit.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2008
Access bank charges =N=50 per withdrawal from Access branded ATM. Using Access branded card on other bank's ATM machine attracts =N=100/WD

1 Like

Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by lucabrasi(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2008
what stupid charges are they charging,for what?their atms dont have any security so fraudsters go online and download the manual to defraud depositors,theres no effective banking regulators thats why they can do anything they like
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Cristalz(f): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2008
Intercontinental N10 per withdrawal,but its supposed to have gone up to N50 from 10th July. Dunno if its effective tho.

UBA don't charge when you withdraw,they charge N100 monthly.

I hear Fed. Govt wants banks to stop monthly charges and charge per withdrawal. Personally i'm not in support of that idea because if one were to withdraw via ATM 10 times a month at N50 charge,N500 is gone.
The monthly charging thing is cheaper,and of course,preferable.Lol.So long as the price remains a hundred box sha.

And for those people that criticize banks for charging,be realistic.It is a business afterall.Banking services are not free.If you don't like it,keep your money at home,and when you need to send money to someone,travel all the way to deliver it.  .  .or trust them postal services.
If you're ready to accept charges,find a bank whoz charges you're comfy with and pay up. Enuff of the critique already. Its not by force to use a bank.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2008
Cristalz:

And for those people that criticize banks for charging,be realistic.It is a business afterall.Banking services are not free.If you don't like it,keep your money at home,and when you need to send money to someone,travel all the way to deliver it.  .  .or trust them postal services.
If you're ready to accept charges,find a bank whoz charges you're comfy with and pay up. Enuff of the critique already. Its not by force to use a bank.

Tutheworld:

we should all know that one of the reasons why anyone would set-up a biz is to make money/profit,and ATMrs are not acquired for free,so let this justify any bank that charges on any ATm withdrawal you make.

Absolute rubbish. Are the banking halls acquired for free. The question is why introduce the ATM in the first place? Charging for using ATM is another sad story of our distorted environment.

The whole idea of the ATM is to reduce the crowds in the banking hall thereby reducing operational cost ( concept of 24 hours banking) from having large personnel in cash and tellers and more importantly reducing shortages and overpayments.

One would think that the retarded bankers would offer incentives to people who use ATM's such as no COT on ATM withdrawals rather than punishing them, that way u are guaranteed of cost savings.

The activities of banking hall can then be directed to customer service, and operating skeletal cash and tellers maybe concentrating on deposit taking, though another strategic area should be introducing ATM's that take deposits.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Cristalz(f): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2008
Blame your government for that.Not the bankers.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2008
Cristalz:

Blame your government for that.Not the bankers.

Hello, blame the government for what
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 22, 2008
Methinks banks who charge customers for withdrawals using the ATM's are just being greedy.

I've been banking with GTBank for 2 years plus and the only charge i receive when using the ATM is the COT which is charged for withdrawals from current account.

If this practice of not charging customers for using the ATM was not practical, I'm sure by now GTBank would hav started charging for withdrawals via ATM.

NB. The ATM service is not being rendered for free, whenever you withdraw from an ATM other than your bank's, the 100bucks you are charged is split between interswitch and your bank, one party takes 60bucks while the other takes 40bucks.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by KarmaMod(f): 3:56am On Jul 22, 2008
away4real:

Absolute rubbish. Are the banking halls acquired for free. The question is why introduce the ATM in the first place? Charging for using ATM is another sad story of our distorted environment.

Banks aboard charge you for withdrawing from ATMs as well.Only wya you can avoid such charges is if you use the ATM of YOUR bank. It has to have your bank logo. Like Chase account holders dont get charged for using Chase ATMs anywhere they go. They should do that in Nigeria

and I'd rather be charged for taking money out than have some bloody bank take money from my account every month for no reason. Thankfully my bank doesnt do that nonsense
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 9:06am On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

Banks aboard charge you for withdrawing from ATMs as well.Only wya you can avoid such charges is if you use the ATM of YOUR bank. It has to have your bank logo. Like Chase account holders don't get charged for using Chase ATMs anywhere they go. They should do that in Nigeria

and I'd rather be charged for taking money out than have some bloody bank take money from my account every month for no reason. Thankfully my bank doesnt do that nonsense

That is just a lie. Except u are using an ATM inside a pub, which is not run by a bank anyway.

Please get the facts right.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by BangBang2(m): 9:18am On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

Banks aboard charge you for withdrawing from ATMs as well.Only wya you can avoid such charges is if you use the ATM of YOUR bank. It has to have your bank logo. Like Chase account holders don't get charged for using Chase ATMs anywhere they go. They should do that in Nigeria

bloody lie!!

this is so un-true, in the last few years, the few banks still charging for using their ATMS have stopped and it is free widely to all account holders apart from withdrawals made on credit cards(which gets a standard levy added by the credit card issuer, not even at the point of withdrawal). It is utter nonsense to drive 10miles to a Chase Branch or a Barclays bank to withdraw money because you bank with them, when you have a cashpoint operated by HSBC or CAPITAL ONE half a mile from where you are!!

away4real:

That is just a lie. Except u are using an ATM inside a pub, which is not run by a bank anyway.

don't mind the poster above, people just talk a lot of untrue nonsense on public forums!!!

ATMS that charge abroad are 99.99% private companies operating standalone ATM machines in places where banks do not reach mostly

for example PUBS, CORNER SHOPS, AMUSEMENT PARKS, SOME BETTING SHOPS e.t.c.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by tjadeba(m): 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2008
i felt like crying on sunday when i got to Intercontinental and the ATM notified me that i would be charged N50 for withdrawing with card i.e i operate a savings account with the bank, meeen its crazy!
dont these people know that its not only high income earners and students that save in these banks?To me, i regard all these as cheating,no lesser than OBT (419). cos they made us save with them and later came out with obnoxious policies.
What on earth are they trying to prove?we customers are at the receiving end now, afterall they do all sorts with our deposits and again they charge us for withdrawing.
I think i will start putting my money in my house cos i cant imagine this people reaping me off in the name of banking(i hear all other banks are going to follow suit as CBN has already given them the backing to start charging this obnoxious pay).think of it,if i withdraw 10 times in a month from my meagre savings,whats is going to be left?
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by KarmaMod(f): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2008
Are you people drunk?

I live in The States. Why would I lie?

For example, Try using a HSBC card at a Chase ATM and see if you wont be charged a withdrawal fee. Are you serious?

Infact not only would the Chase ATM charge you, HSBC would also charge you for not using a HSBC ATM, so that's two charges for using an "outside" ATM.

Alot of banks are like this cept for a few like Wamu that don't charge when you use atms of different banks. The catch of course is that these banks that don't charge you are usually not as popular/don't have that many branches.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2008
away4real:

The facts are simple - you pay bank charges if you use a card to withdraw from an ATM belonging to other banks. Usually between $1.75 and $2.
Its the reason i try as much as possible to always use my banks ATM.

Its funny how clueless pple sit in Lagos telling someone who lives here to get facts right! grin
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2008
BangBang!:

don't mind the poster above, people just talk a lot of untrue nonsense on public forums!!!

ATMS that charge abroad are 99.99% private companies operating standalone ATM machines in places where banks do not reach mostly

for example PUBS, CORNER SHOPS, AMUSEMENT PARKS, SOME BETTING SHOPS e.t.c.

I paid $1.75 when i used my card at a bank ATM this sunday. . . this ATM by the way is right within the banks premises. HSBC just a stones throw away charges $2 for the ATM right inside their bank. If you want to see it i can take you there right now.  grin.

Its true that "people just talk a lot of untrue nonsense on public forums" . . . would that be you by chance?  cheesy
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by KarmaMod(f): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2008
Can you imagine? People are too funny

At least around your area things are still abit cheaper with $1.75, $2

Make the mistake of using a Wachovia or Chase ATM with a different card and they are charging you $3.00/$3.75

Now I try to hold as much for whatever so I dont have to be forced to use those damn things
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Mustay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2008
How are the machines powered?#

Solar Energy - gen - or PHCN?
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Mustay(m): 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2008
tjadeba:

I think i will start putting my money in my house because i can't imagine this people reaping me off in the name of banking(i hear all other banks are going to follow suit as CBN has already given them the backing to start charging this obnoxious pay).think of it,if i withdraw 10 times in a month from my meagre savings,whats is going to be left?

LMAO
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

Are you people drunk?

I live in The States. Why would I lie?

For example, Try using a HSBC card at a Chase ATM and see if you wont be charged a withdrawal fee. Are you serious?

Infact not only would the Chase ATM charge you, HSBC would also charge you for not using a HSBC ATM, so that's two charges for using an "outside" ATM.

Alot of banks are like this cept for a few like Wamu that don't charge when you use atms of different banks. The catch of course is that these banks that don't charge you are usually not as popular/don't have that many branches.

Drunk ?? Maybe you are.

In the UK i am not charged for using any ATM machine, including those operated by the large retail outlets. The only ATM's that charge are the private ones as stated earlier.

If you pay in the states and you are charged perhaps you should state that as your facts.

davidylan:

The facts are simple - you pay bank charges if you use a card to withdraw from an ATM belonging to other banks. Usually between $1.75 and $2.
Its the reason i try as much as possible to always use my banks ATM.

Its funny how clueless people sit in Lagos telling someone who lives here to get facts right! grin

Guy perhaps people are not as clueless as you think, you should understand an arguement before making hasty generalization.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by KarmaMod(f): 2:02am On Jul 23, 2008
In the UK, they take money from your account monthly/yearly

I think I'll stick to withdrawl fees thanks.

I even thought say we dey talk betta country sef grin
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

I mean the statement in bold just sums it up, see why i said u should stick to facts. You make a statement on what u don't know.

Thats just a lie no one takes money from your account monthly. You subscribe to various packages if u want if u don't want u run your account normally.

Perhaps u think u are living in Heaven  grin, please make sure u die there. grin

NB: I didnt say i lived in the UK, i said i am not charged so figure it out.

Geez the kind of logic i read here, one wonders the kind of education some get in the West.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by KarmaMod(f): 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2008
Lmao some people are pathetic. All this on top of ATM fees.

YOU were implying that ATM fees is a Naija thing done to defraud people, all I did was try to let you know that it's done in places outside Naija as well. Isnt the US considered "aboard" again? Ode.

Who the hell cares if you meant UK. You should have said UK instead of "aboard".

Btw, I have friends who have bank with Barclays in the UK with the simpliest package and they complain about the charges placed on their accounts. Might be different for other banks there, don't know/don't care. when it comes to other countries, I go by those who actually live there to experience these things

Instead for you to apologize for claiming that I'm a liar despite that fact that not only did I proved that withdrawal fees are placed on ATMS in the states aka "aboard" but Davidylan also said the same. You're busy running that your mouth yarning dust upon dust. You sound like a sad bitter person

What logic is in this thread? Abeg be quiet and just stop embarrassing yourself. Oponu oshi
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 2:23am On Jul 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao some people are pathetic. All this on top of ATM fees.

YOU were implying that ATM fees is a Naija thing done to defraud people, all I did was try to let you know that it's done in places outside Naija as well. Isnt the US considered "aboard" again? Ode.

Who the hell cares if you meant UK. You should have said UK instead of "aboard".

Btw, I have friends who have bank with Barclays in the UK with the simpliest package and they complain about the charges placed on their accounts. Might be different for other banks there, don't know/don't care. when it comes to other countries, I go by those who actually live there to experience these things

Instead for you to apologize for claiming that I'm a liar despite that fact that not only did I proved that withdrawal fees are placed on ATMS in the states aka "aboard" but Davidylan also said the same. You're busy running that your mouth yarning dust upon dust. You sound like a sad bitter person

What logic is in this thread? Abeg be quiet and just stop embarrassing yourself. Oponu oshi

Keep to the issues. Its not my fault your assertions are illogical.

Again a clear problem of Logic, where did i suggest defraud and your suggestion of Barclays bank is so erronous u have no details. Which charges are u talking about?

KarmaMod:

You are a liar, your quote above is a lie.

All this on top ATM charges cos thats the topic, Mr. Happy. grin
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 24, 2008
I dont really understand away4real's argument. You're charged for every ATM transaction as long as its not the same bank as issued your debit/credit card in the USA.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by seun001(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2008
well, to the best of my knowledge,
oceanic,gtb,first bank-no charge except on the banks atm
but i do know zenith(60),intercon(50),uba(100/mth)whether u use ur atm or not
even if its their atm card.
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by KarmaMod(f): 1:42am On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

I don't really understand away4real's argument.

Does he even understand himself?
Re: ATM Withdrawal Charges by away4real(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

Does he even understand himself?

Good question i must confess coming from you? grin Attempting to follow someones logic for a change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am A Banker, I Need A Business Idea Of What To Do For Business / Become A Connector With This Multi International Company And Earn 96k Daily / Fleri Inc, Startup Joins Techstars Toronto Accelerator (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.