Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:35 AM

Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share (15493 Views)

Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks / NAHCO Re-opened : AIT News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by mistakay: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
r231: Latest News ... GREAT NEWS smiley!

I have received official notification that the Warehouse in LOS will be open for business as of tomorrow Sep 13th. Hope this information also helps you to advise your agents in LOS so that they can start the Customs process for shipments already at destination.

This means, we have the go ahead to move cargo as of this Saturday's flight.

As mentioned, on Saturday I will only move shipments that are already on hand. Please send me your requests for next week and I will confirm accordingly.

I want to thank you again for being so patient smiley! Thank you all!

God bless you sir for this kind update,im sure you are among the best shippers in Lagos! You made my day!!
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by green10119(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
Please does this mean that my agents can now clear the goods that has been in lock down at NAHCO starting tomorrow Saturday Sep 13th ? clarify please
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by crowned(m): 7:44am On Sep 13, 2013
it seems d problem has been resolved and d ports reopened as various online media report such....A huge relief. Hope i can get my items today /tomorrow

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/customs-re-opens-nahco-sahcol-warehouses/158908/

thenationonlineng.net/new/customs-re-opens-nahco-sahcol-warehouses/
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by Samony: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2013
This is a big relief. God I thank you.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by r231(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2013
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Thursday reopened cargo warehouses belonging to the Skyway Aviation Handling Company Limited (SAHCOL) and the Nigeria Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) Plc.

The warehouses were shut nine days ago to enable them put in place facilities for Customs officials to inspect goods and cargoes imported into the country.

The NCS spokesperson at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos, Mrs Thelmas Williams, made the confirmation in a message sent to aviation correspondents.

Also, the spokesman of SAHCOL, Mr. Basil Agboarumi, and the Head, Corporate Communications, NAHCO, Mr. Sanya Onayoade, confirmed the development in another message.

“This is to confirm that the SAHCOL warehouse is now opened.
“All differences has been reconciled, and business has resumed at the import section of the warehouse.

“The outcome of this will lead to better services to all importers and exporters using the SAHCOL gateway,” Agboarumi said.

He added that the management of SAHCOL appreciated the understanding of their customers during the closure.

Onayoade said that his company, together with the Customs Area Command, had agreed on the execution of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to guide the operation of all stakeholders in the cargo business.

THISDAY gathered that the reopening was a relief as the airport had become congested with uncleared imported cargoes due to the closure.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by Dehley(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
I made a call across to my shipping coy and I was still made to understand the issue has not yet being resolved. Please, who am I to believe now?
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by temitayoadegoke(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dehley: I made a call across to my shipping coy and I was still made to understand the issue has not yet being resolved. Please, who am I to believe now?

Same here. I made inquires today and was told d issue is still not resolved by my agent.

Who should we believe?
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by bizzle2: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
wetin dey worry all these mumu ppl sef. it better be true oo
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by shevon: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
I just got off the phone wit PSI Houston I was informed that the issue has been resolved. Na wash?
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by r231(m): 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dehley: I made a call across to my shipping coy and I was still made to understand the issue has not yet being resolved. Please, who am I to believe now?

temitayoadegoke:

Same here. I made inquires today and was told d issue is still not resolved by my agent.

Who should we believe?

That's what happen when you deal with bootleg back door companies........I bet they are part of the problem that affect everybody else
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by Dehley(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
r231:

That's what happen when you deal with bootleg back door companies........I bet they are part of the problem that affect everybody else

What do u mean by bootleg back door companies? And what makes U feel I deal with them?
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by r231(m): 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dehley:

What do u mean by bootleg back door companies? And what makes U feel I deal with them?

Because they have started working today and airlines are taking bookings as well

Just saying sir I am not judging.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by mistakay: 12:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Called Shade PSI said issue not resolved.This is frustrating sad
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by kreamidiva(f): 12:30am On Sep 14, 2013
boyestic: Nigeria is backward,i have my nephew and niece school stuffs in the cargo,they are resuming on the 16th and no hope of getting the goods,mine is better I know of someone that has bill of lading in his cargo,the car is at the port and demurrage has started counting and the worse part of it is that the figth has nothing to do with how to move nacho and Nigerian customs forward,its simply because they want more bribe.

Its terrible! My daughter had to start school this week without her stuff sent to her from the u.s i felt very bad!
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by bizzle2: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2013
r231 was right, the warehouses were definitely re-opened on thur. any bdy telling u otherwise is either unaware of this development or simply lieing to ya.
I wonder hw much the backlog would delay incoming cargo

http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/09/customs-re-open-nahco-sahcol-warehouses/
http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/09/customs-re-open-nahco-sahcol-warehouses/
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/09/12/customs-orders-re-opening-of-sahcol-and-nahco-warehouses/
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by shevon: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
mistakay: Called Shade PSI said issue not resolved.This is frustrating sad

I think you are right. PSI tracking links are not working since morning. Maybe they took down the site to avoid explaining this to clients.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by temitayoadegoke(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
r231:

U just acted like a nigerian by saying that.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by mistakay: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
any update?
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by r231(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
temitayoadegoke:

U just acted like a nigerian by saying that.

Never said I am Ghanaian undecided
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by crowned(m): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
pls does anyone have any new update on the situation. Will appreciate it
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by crowned(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2013
Any news info....anybody?......
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by mistakay: 9:54am On Sep 16, 2013
any update? thanks
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by mistakay: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
Well situation has been resolved, i understand everything is ok now.
Thanks all
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by crowned(m): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Was also informed by my shipping agent that theyve started clearing goods today. just wonder when will my items be sorted out...Pschew ..Nigeria we hail thee ***(shakes head and walks away)
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by green10119(m): 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
I think NAHCO is still not open for business, below is a message i got from my shipping company in USA.

Hi,

Your package has not been shipped it is still here in the U.S. It will not be shipped until the matter is cleared in Lagos. They where suppose to start working today. But NAHCO wants to charge demurrage for the cargo that has been accumulating at the Lagos airport since the work stoppage and the union disagreed. Therefore there is a meeting for this issue and the work stoppage is still ongoing.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by OlaHify(f): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Any new update yet? Pls valid info is desperately needed here...thanx.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by bizzle2: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
wch other info u want again, the warehouses have been re-opened and clearing has since commenced
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by naijacutee(f): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Even though work has commenced, clearing agents and delivery agents have a HUGE backlog to clear because of the amount of time the warehouses were shut for. Initially, the warehouses were open, but clearing agents refused to resume work because they were being charges demurrage by NAHCO for the amount of time the goods were kept in the warehouses.

So clearing is taking a long time because cargo flights have been arriving during the 'strike' and the warehouses have been full to capacity, so this mess is being sorted as well...
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by yommywindy: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
What's the latest updates on this issue now? Are the warehouses open now? A logistics Agent in Nigeria is telling me the 'air cargo port' has been shutdown yesterday. Is there any difference between that and the warehouse? Please I need urgent info by anyone who is well informed.
Re: Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share by ABIOLA128(f): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2014
Im in the same dilema,my goods from psi are also stuck at nahco.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another First As Firstbank’s Payment Card Hits 10 Million In Nigeria / The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria / Modified - Make Money Online Publishing Ebooks On Kindle And Other Places

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.