Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,935 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met (24737 Views)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) / Occupy Nsukka: UNN Post-graduate Students Protest Hike In Fees [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by segzytemi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
Abakaliki - The Ebonyi State University Chapter of ASUU on Tuesday warned of likely increase in school fees if the demands of ASUU were not fully met eventually by the Federal Government.
The Chairman of the chapter, Prof. Ndubuisi Idenyi, gave the warning in Abakiliki at a news conference on the current ASUU strike.
Idenyi said the fee hike would come when universities attempted to source money for their Earned Academic Allowances as directed by the Federal Government.
“We demanded for N500 billion but the government has only released N100 billion to university councils for infrastructure development in selected universities and another N30 billion for part-payment of Earned Academic Allowances.
“The government has asked various universities councils to source the balance.
“But the question is from where will the funds come if not through increase in school fees.”
According to him, the directive has distorted the report of the technical sub-committee on the report of the “Needs Assessment on Nigerian Universities.
“Government's partial implementation of our demand would generate series of problems in our universities, including differentials in school fees structure in public schools.
“The action would also cause migration of students and over-population of students in a particular school.”
He said that the directive might deny many people access to quality education

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/ASUU-foresees-increase-in-fees-if-demands-not-met-20130911

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Fynestboi: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
Really? Dis strike ehn... angry
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by RINE1: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nonsense!. Meaning say students go dey bell the cart. Abi?.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by bokomo(f): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
that s rily bad
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Big4wig(m): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
Click like if u believe dat the poor youths are suffering in our education sector.

#BIGWIG.

13 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Big4wig(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Click Like if you tHink that ASUU don't care about students buh their own pockets

#BIGWIG

52 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by MrAboki: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
[b]I'm very much in support of Universities charging a justifiable tuition fee..

YEAH!!! I know say people dey suffer for country .. BUT! I was raised to understand that Education is not only expensive but also priceless. If your papa no fit afford to send you go Private University or Abroad, then I'm sorry, you have got to hussle hard. Na life na ehn share card no give you WHOT.. grin

Okay! I know say some people don set to curse this shoe-shining Aboki.. grin Please heres my Logic;

1. A University is an expensive venture to run and operate. Go ask MIT and Harvard how much it costs them to maintain their high standards. #In Pidgin:: Better soup and money have alot in common..

2. The Nigerian government obviously lacks the ability to run anything not even a race.. Look at all their failed ventures like: NITEL, NEPA, PHCN, WATER BOARD, e.t.c.. Just like in business, the only successful Educational institutions in Nigeria are all privately run. NO SURPRISES. So if we need progress in the Educational system, we need to privatise all our Federal Univeristies and even state Universities.. Or make them autonomous.. Let them charge their own fees and determine their own salary structure. Saves us the problem of ASUU strike. However, the power of NANS should be preserved and fine tuned in a way.

3. MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS!!!! Ghen! Ghen!!!! SO the government through the ministry of education can set up a scholarship fund system based on merit. If your CGPA|CWA drops below a certain benchmark, you get a certain percent of your tuition in scholarship. It can be graded upwards to accomodate average - top class students. If you are below average, you either buckle up or make your daddy get a good paying job to pay for your tuition. #Period!

I believe that this will bring about a serious turn around in our education system, eliminate all these half baked graduates that only went to school because it was free|cheap and poorly run..

#Thats all..

Thats why many Abokis no dey even bother to go school... grin
[/b]

55 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Big4wig(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Click like if its not easy to make front paGe come to think of Makin it 3x in a role

#BIGWIG

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Emmy9ite(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Just call off the strike first

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by DonColz1(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
If they increase the school fees, we students will go on strike too , till ASUU meets our own demands, good class room with aircondition, every student will have their own cars, and laptops too, if our demands are not met, then the strike for students will last for one year..

37 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by olaymuchak(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
for what, as if dey dont increase d fees every session.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by dridowu: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
I belive that is the primary target of FG , use right hand to give and use left hand to collect it back. Mthewwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Sageez(m): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
mehn! Dis strik tin is turning to a big time holiday. plz guyz watz d meaning of ETT
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by PStacks(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nigeria should just be privatised..

Private Universities
Private Electricity
Private Rail ways
Private Road
Private Airlines
Private Telecommunications (MTN GLO)

Very soon Aso rock too should be privatised.. Governmet is so very irresponsible.. She doesn't even know her responsibility not to talk of meet them.

Once govt universities increases fees, education would be out of the reach of average nigerian student and govt universities would turn private..

Imagine OAU paying as high as convenat university.. Lobatan.... Allah yayisa walahi.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by sammyjay3(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
when will this whole mess end?
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by jericco1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is getting Hotter i wan port ooo which country dey available?
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Streetrep: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
that one concern them,make i continue my sleep,if them settle,somebody wake me.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Kaypure(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
God is in control...... First page thing
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Mubby4luv(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
I waz then supporting ASUU buh they just proved how irrelevant they re. Selfish old cargoes. their president carry face lyk dry sh**t. #Okada carry me go the nearest public toilet make I shi*t abeg.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Penhouse: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
Fagge and his cohorts are cawards. You may wanna visit www.nigerian.americantalk.net
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by georjay(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
ANYHOW.....ME I SHA NEVA READY TO RESUME NOONI.....

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by umonye(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
na wa for niaja o..
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by gen2briz(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Increase in what. ........
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Saraben(f): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
So nw it is 50 bilion abi ? ds guys r nt even serious.
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
Told ya'all FG is one big Joke in this Nigeria of a country
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by U09ce: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
At least Ruqayyatu Rufa’I has joined us in the ASUU league 10 wks after the start of the season. GEJ hasnt closed his sacking window yet!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by mployer(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
A subtle threat aimed at gething students to their side.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by ayodeji752: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Dis man is very stupid. He thinks nigerians are fools? How are they spending d millions they collect frm students every session?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Forzap: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
So d strike wil jst be a waste afterall,dey beta nt call off d strike if dier demands are nt met,abi wich kine nonsense be dis

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by winta2007(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ndiara
Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Meanwhile Happy Strike Celebration to ASUU as you clock [size=18pt]73days[/size] in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met by tolurainbow(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
ASUU shey Eya wayray ni increase Kor decrease ni. Useless Leaders n lecturers...buy Ur recharge card here no time.. End of time..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aruna Kadiri Visits Turkey Over Arrest Of Nigerian Students (Photos) / Tearful Lady Kneels And Thanks Her Sister For Sponsoring Her Education (Photos) / FG Promised N60,000 Increment In Professors' Salaries – ASUU

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.