Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,103 members, 7,828,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

9ja Rappers Battle - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ja Rappers Battle (672 Views)

Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / The Richest Rappers In The World 2013 / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9ja Rappers Battle by jr101(m): 1:19am On Sep 12, 2013
9JA RAPPERS BATTLE

Was it not Kendrick Lamar that released that controversial rap joint that shook the yankee rap world? He must release track for 9ja rappers o, but ... do we need him here? Hell No!

We gat Rukus, Godwon, Ice, Vector, Reminisce and many more. Rule of the game – no one should try to be a peacemaker here because rap without diss is dry, so let ‘em rappers burn themselves out lyrically, i mean LYRICALLY and not physically.

Big thanks to Notjustok.com for posting the list of the top 10 rappers in Nigeria. They helped us wake the slumbering rappers, (Sinzu sef enter studio cos of this). The list has created controversy in the rap industry simply because some rappers feel they were left out of the list for weaker rappers. Actually, we still have to ask Notjustok.com how they arrived at that list.

Lots of wrangling has been going on twitter, while the impatient ones hurried to the studio to bare their minds. (What a free world)

REACTIONS

Starting with Rukus’ track, yeah! He was able to get the rhymes right and choke the beat till it turned purple. I am sure this Rukus guy pressed P when he saw the top 10 list, because the way he took them one after the other is amazing, not even the Chairman was spared. But no one disses MI and goes scot free, Rukus can ask Ice Berg slim. And while trying to get at Vector, he compared Chidinma with Beyonce, but Rukus, why you go compare Broad Street with Wall Street.

Ice Prince’s tweets about Rukus on twitter speaks a lot about the ongoing riffs, Ice tweeted he was gonna promote Rukus for charity, what a generous rapper! I hope he hits the studio proper to put his voice on a Chopstix beat and reply the attack directed at him on Rukus’ freestyle.

Talking about a diss track with a chance of winning the best rap single this year Sinzu’s Exit Strategy is more than a diss track, sick beat, crazy bounce and sweet rhymes. (Hip Hop World please take note) Godwon seems to have hit a sleeping lion on the tail by releasing that diss track ‘Over analyze’, because sinzu lets the cat outta the bag concerning their past deeds. He went as far as telling us how Godwon left his 3 kids back in yankee, haba! (habatically)
Never seen this energy in Sinzu since the days of ye bari ba (sam bori bobo). and Sauce made use of his selling point, which is, blending LA flows with the naija style, and this worked out well. Perhaps, this is the comeback track for him. Still asking what is sinzu? E be like you dey madt since morning. Lol

And if Olamide or Reminisce decides to enter the battle, expect yam pepper scatter scatter, I sha hope some rappers will not pack their bags and head for their village because; baddo will surely take them to the cleaners and give them the diss of their lives.

To the boss on the list, Modey seems to have gotten to a stage where he feels he has turned to baba agba in naija rap industry, so we should not expect much from him except some well tailored advice from him, and he is gonna try to douse the tension, like I said – no peacemaker on this.

On his part, Vector was kinda matured with his response when he spoke with Dotun on Cool fm, Lanre be like he is focused on music business and he aint gat time for diss tracks. Don’t mind my name sake o, he is still gonna reply with some big grammar punch lines, VEC can’t let it go like that, NEVER!

However, expected scenario gonna be like, everybody will release their tracks directed at each other, but at the end of the day, some rappers will be left with bruised faces, while some gonna stand with their hands raised, like them Klitschko brothers in the ring. But the good thing is that the list made us know what some of them have been keeping to themselves for long. I guess they were looking for the opportunity and Notjustok handed it to them.
Please watch out for the concluding part of this write up because I am still expecting more tracks. Who say 9ja rappers still they rap like mumu?

- Lanre Etti Jr
Follow me on twitter: @lanrejr
lanreettijr@gmail.com
Re: 9ja Rappers Battle by pappy4real(m): 6:20am On Sep 12, 2013
this promises to be so very long and interesting...omo make i grab my chair siddon dey look. nice analyis dude

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Out: The Kokomaster, D’banj Releases Video For New Song, ‘finally’ (WATCH) / Download Yemi Alade – Johnny Here / Muzik Promoter By Dj.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.