Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Must We All Travel? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Must We All Travel? (1411 Views)

Must We All Travel Abroad??? / All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! / Attention All Travel Agents & Scammers & Guillible Travel Enthusiasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2008
Think about it.Virtually all our youths thisdays will not think of any othere thing than travel,Even the old APPLAUD those who have travelled outside the country using then as ayard stick to measure success.Go to the embassy and u will see nigerians lining up like the fulani cattle.Thr big Question is this must we all travel? why cant we stay and create that dream country of ours here in Nigeria,Instead we prefer travelling to help facilitate others development.
must we all travel? pls somebody help me here
Re: Must We All Travel? by SeanT21(f): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2008
matured:

Think about it.Virtually all our youths thisdays will not think of any othere thing than travel,Even the old APPLAUD those who have travelled outside the country using then as ayard stick to measure success.Go to the embassy and u will see nigerians lining up like the fulani cattle.Thr big Question is this must we all travel? why can't we stay and create that dream country of ours here in Nigeria,Instead we prefer travelling to help facilitate others development.must we all travel? please somebody help me here

why stay and create it when its already made. All You need is a passport.
Re: Must We All Travel? by superman(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2008
hmmmm

let the nigeria speak!!

suspicious hmm
Re: Must We All Travel? by landis(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2008
SeanT21:

why stay and create it when its already made. All You need is a passport.

You are joking, right?

If those people did not create, will you be there now? NO.

Matured,

Thats why I said in some other thread, that we don't identify with Nigeria.

We may be Nigerians, living in naija but deep inside, we don't identify with that country anymore.

It is also same reason why BANK PHB would give LOANS for Nigerians to have UK EDUCATION, so what about NIGERIAN EDUCATION?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Must We All Travel? by globalaid(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2008
All that glitter might not be a gold
Re: Must We All Travel? by igbonla(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2008
This is not a for or against argument, just to set things in better perspective.

Life is all about choices, right or wrong. Even government can't legislate to stop people from leaving the country. It is foolhardy in this century, when everybody is talking about globalization, to expect people not to gravitate towards "better" life.

People travel to better themselves using opportunities created by other countries but end up helping to build those countries; thats the way it works.

We can't all travel but we can't all stay here; do what you want and face the consequences!

Now stop asking questions and get back to work! We need to build our dream country here in Nigeria.
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2008
yes guys landis, iqbonla and globalaid.i want to appreciate ur conritbutions its was great.
u guys are wonderful.
like iqbonla said we cant all travel and we cant all stay.
I belive we can have the united of nigeria if we all will sit dont and think of how we can create it.this places we all are rushing too was also like ours in years past.Not until some people stood to their feet to say enough to all this rubbish b4 they became a mega city.
We all are gifted and creatively great if only we can discover it and deploy it.Yes i know things are better there but lets make this better here.like my yoruba folks will say "AJO OLE DA BE ILE"

lets join hand in building this great nation

be matured
Re: Must We All Travel? by 8ball(m): 11:30am On Jun 21, 2008
@matured

i won't be surprised to find out that u have a pending visa application to some foreign country and now u're here blabbing about why we must all travel.Abeg,any one who can afford,please do,avoid hypocritical bigots like matured.

NAIJA PLEASE SPEAK OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2008
8ball,I want u to know that am proud to be a NIGERIAN and i mean it.I have this nation in mind thats why i post this topic so we all can have a renewed mind set.
let me tell u its only lasy men that quite.And i hope u are not trying to run out because from u reply its shows u are already falstrated and left wit no opition than to run out.BUT let me advise u b4 u rule learn something{vocation}if not u go wash toilet like craze.

be matured
Re: Must We All Travel? by skfa1: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2008
@ matured

You got a point but the problem is the government not doing things right.

To make a change, let the government start doing things in the right ways and let the citizen support as well.
Re: Must We All Travel? by 8ball(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2008
@ matured,

Am vey much patriotic ok.but let's try and be realistic.U want to tell me that if u got an opprtunity to travel out in search of greener pastures,u'd forfeit it cos u wanna make Naija proud.Guy,say wat pple would believe.In any case,i dont av to start war of word wiv u cos am on top of my carreer now and doing so well that u cannot even imagine for my age.Wiv international experience,am much better equipped to contribute meaningfully to the nigerian economy.

Be properly informed fore u nail self on the basis of inconsistent argument

Peace
Re: Must We All Travel? by brownbonno(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2008
There is no need for war of words.
There is no vision of hope for the youths that is why most people will want to go out for a greener pasture.
The educational system is down(university degree as we where told is issued based on academic and learning).There is no learning anymore is just pass your exams and join the cults.
Corruption every where,life of insecurity,no social life etc.
But if you can get anything here please go back to naija if you can to help build the nation as we all want it to be.
Re: Must We All Travel? by 8ball(m): 9:50am On Jun 23, 2008
@brownbonno

U're just the only one that has said s/thing very realistic.
How can one begin to change a country that has become monumentally corrupt if not overhaul entirely,it's polity? which in most case is a drastic measure that is REVOLUTION.this i know many of these guys that wants us to believe that they're more patriotic than the rest of us would not dare doand indeed have not the power to achieve.
By and large,it is quite imperative that we understand the collosus status this problem of Nigeria has become.At least am comforted by the fact that Nigerians in diaspora have now begun to show serious concerns about their home country and we must all encouarage that

That is just my own,
Re: Must We All Travel? by maree7(f): 12:39am On Jun 24, 2008
@ matured
i feel this topic forreal, a lot of peeps in nigeria don't wanna take care of there country because they think a platter of gold is awaitin them in another so called developed country, and until they get there they would find out that all that glitters is not gold. may we Nigerians one day realise the treasures we have in our own country and use it to our advantage. And lets stop using the government as an excuse plsss, WE are the government.

landis:

You are joking, right?

If those people did not create, will you be there now? NO.

Matured,

Thats why I said in some other thread, that we don't identify with Nigeria.

We may be Nigerians, living in naija but deep inside, we don't identify with that country anymore.

It is also same reason why BANK PHB would give LOANS for Nigerians to have UK EDUCATION, so what about NIGERIAN EDUCATION?

grin cheesy grin

WORD
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 2:07am On Jun 24, 2008
8balls i wont start exchanging words wit you but i will just drop this. Why are you suggesting traveling out when you already had something tangible you are doing.thats is to tell you that which you are doing is not even enough to sustain you.
To create this change we suggested the government start first but i want to say to you all that if the government has failed you ,you don't fail yourself.Who are the Nigeria we are talking about its you and I not the government.So lets all take responsibility.
lovely replies by brownbonno and the rest.Even if u travel come back home a and bless your nation wit your resources.but in our case its reversed,you will see Nigerians after doing all those struggling over there{abroad} remain there, some will even ask there children to bury them there when they die.how do we reconcile this.
The problem of NIGERIA is not in the landscape or location but in the mind set of the people{NIGERIANS}.Somebody once said and i quote "Bring all the Nigerians to America and all Americans to Nigeria in less than 10years America will be like Nigeria and Nigeria will be like America."
Lets stop this complain about the government and start that change in your own niche.

be matured
Re: Must We All Travel? by manmustwac(m): 2:20am On Jun 24, 2008
@matured
@8 ball

if u have something tangible doing in nigeria then stay there and don't bother come here unless for holiday. There are many people who sell their houses or leave their good jobs to come here only to be be dissapointed when they findout that England no be the bed of roses that they thought.
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 2:53am On Jun 24, 2008
thanks maree7,thats was great.
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 2:57am On Jun 24, 2008
Abeg help me tell 8ball b4 him ja o
Re: Must We All Travel? by chuckdee4(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2008
maree7:

@ matured
i feel this topic forreal, a lot of peeps in nigeria don't want to take care of there country because they think a platter of gold is awaitin them in another so called developed country, and until they get there they would find out that all that glitters is not gold. may we Nigerians one day realise the treasures we have in our own country and use it to our advantage. And lets stop using the government as an excuse plsss, WE are the government.

WORD

@ Maree

That statement is not exactly true, how can u function in a country where the government are a bunch of money grabbing twarts, i know a lot of people who try to make an honest living for themselves but the situation of the country (Created by the govenment) does not help them achieve their potential.
I'm not saying that the governement are to blame 100%, we have to take part of the reponsibilty ourselves but a lot of things we do all revolve around the governement.
If the governemnt fixed up and things functioned properly a lot of Nigerians in diaspora would be back home in a jiffy to come contribute what they've learnt abroad into the Nigerian economy
Re: Must We All Travel? by yungchap(m): 5:53am On Jun 25, 2008
@matured,
That was a lovely thread my good friend.keep it up

Is just so unfortunate that will still have many nigerians who are willing to travel abroad most especially the adults that ought to have impacted many lives(youth or teenagers) forgetting that if they continue with such habits they are not inculcating good values about nigeria to the present and upcoming youths.

Let's just try to evaluate ourselves extensively and think of what will can offer to make Nigeria great.Take for instance if "SEUN" the moderator of Nairaland has travelled abroad would he be able to have conceive this great idea of building this great platform for every nigerian? I leave you all to answer that question.

Moreso,let me say something here that:if God says "your attention is not needed over there that your attention is needed here". i bet you,you are going no where.

As for me i'm trying to do all i can in my own little way to make nigeria great.

Cheers smiley
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2008
@youngchap
thank you my good friend.
how u dey now?
Re: Must We All Travel? by 8ball(m): 11:02am On Jun 25, 2008
@matured
You're damn right,no need to banter words.av got my opinions and beliefs.I wish u all the best in yo endeavours

Always yo friend
Re: Must We All Travel? by yungchap(m): 10:48am On Jun 26, 2008
@matured,
I'm doing pretty well.Thanks for the lovely thread. smiley
Re: Must We All Travel? by matured(m): 1:17am On Jun 27, 2008
@youngchap
you're welcome my friend

pls am still expecting more replires
Re: Must We All Travel? by maree7(f): 6:00am On Jul 30, 2008
all i am sayin is we have to face our problems no matter if is is government or no goverment and stop running away from it like cowards, expecting somebody else to come and fix it for us, cuz if we don't do it who else will?

(1) (Reply)

Mfa Certified Copies Of Waec 4 Skooling Abroad / Travelling To India For Study / The 10 Cleanest Countries In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.