Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals (11048 Views)

Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / A Proven Way To Achieve Your Goals / Positive Thoughts To Help You Achieve Your Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by sweetiePe(f): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2013
The number one reason some people get more work done faster is because they are absolutely clear about their goals and objectives and they don't deviate from them. A major reason for procrastination and lack of motivation is vagueness, confusion, and fuzzy-mindedness about what you've supposed to do and in what order and for what reason. You must avoid this common condition with all your strength by striving for greater clarity in everything you do.

Here is a great rule for success: Think on paper.
Only about 3% of adults have clear, written goals. These people accomplish five and ten times as much as people of equal or better education and ability but who have never taken the time to write out exactly what it is they want. There's a powerful formula for setting and achieving goals that you can use for the rest of your life. It consists of seven simple steps. Taking any one of these steps can double or triple your productivity if you're not currently using it. Many graduates of my training programs have increased their incomes dramatically in a matter of a few years, or even a few months, with this simple, seven-step method.

Step 1: Decide exactly what you want. It's amazing how many people are working away, day after day, on low-value tasks because they've not decided what they want.

Step 2: Write it down. Think on paper. When you write down your goal, you crystallize it and give it tangible form. You create something that you can touch and see. On the other hand, a goal or objective that's not in writing is merely a wish or fantasy. It has no energy behind it. Unwritten goals lead to confusion, vagueness, misdirection and numerous mistakes.

Step 3: Set a deadline with your goal. A goal or decision without a deadline has no urgency. It has no real beginning or end. Without a definite deadline, you'll naturally procrastinate and get little done.

Step 4: Make a list of everything you can think of that you're going to have to do to achieve your goal. As you think of new activities, add them to your list. Keep building your list until it is complete. A list gives you a visual picture of the larger objective. It dramatically increases the likelihood that you'll achieve your goals as you have defined it and on schedule.

Step 5: Organize your list into a plan. Organize your list by priority and sequence. Take a few minutes to decide what you need to do first and what you can do later. Even better, lay out your plan visually, in the form of a series of boxes and circles on a sheet of paper. You'll be amazed at how much easier it is to achieve your goal when you break it down into individual tasks. With a written goal and an organized plan of action, you'll be far more productive than someone who's carrying his goals in his mind.

Step 6: Take action on your plan immediately. An average plan vigorously executed is far better than a brilliant plan on which nothing is done. For you to achieve any kind of success, execution is everything.

Step 7: Resolve to do something every single day that moves you toward your major goal. Read a specific number of pages on a key subject. Call on a specific number of prospects or customers. Engage in a specific period of physical exercise. Learn a certain number of new words in a foreign language. Never miss a day. Keep pushing forward. Once you start moving, keep moving. Don't stop. This decision, this discipline alone, can make you one of the most productive and successful people of your generation.

Clear written goals have a wonderful effect on your thinking. They motivate you and galvanize you into action. Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. The bigger your goals and the clearer they are, the more excited you become about achieving your goals, the greater becomes your inner drive and desire to accomplish them.

http://www.rosyside.com/pt/Seven-Simple-Steps-for-Setting-and-Achieving-Your-Goals.9-14-2013/blog.htm

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by 1forall: 1:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Great tips. I'm impressed because they are practical and not idealistic. And you're right, thinking on paper is the 1st step in moving an idea from imagination to reality.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
Analytical tips.

Perfect!
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by charitybabe: 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Great
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by damibravo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
i wont bother myself reading cuz i'll probably forget....

achieving ones Goal doesnt needs a manual... angry
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by sugardaddy1(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
damibravo: i wont bother myself reading cuz i'll probably forget....

achieving ones Goal doesnt needs a manual... angry
Thank you.

Just remain focused. That's all.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Doesn't apply to a practical go getter, these tips are for people without Vision and determination, a man who knows his house is on fire will not pick interest in playing scrabble.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by IfyMeg(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Very nice tips, but without the power and favour of God, all these will be useless

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by lifestyle1(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
cool
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nonso23:
The tips above doesn't centre upon putting out the fire but on preventing it from ever starting up in the first place...

Abeg bros if you wan contribute, do so without quoting me, abeg, na beg i dey. Thank you.

meanwhile whether you have laid down tips or not, Mistakes are inevitable, once made all that is needed is retraction, A disvirgined woman can never become a virgin, if you like use Super glue gum am back.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by greatestman(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
great one
I have been doing this since my secondary school, must of them come true
last bullet: Thumb up
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Infoay: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Okay
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by 1forall: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
eddiebruk: Abeg bros if you wan contribute, do so without quoting me, abeg, na beg i dey. Thank you.

I've found the best way to avoid being quoted is by not posting at all.

Regarding the topic, if you're not willing to learn, why not let those who are do?

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
1forall:

I've found the best way to avoid being quoted is by not posting at all.

Regarding the topic, if you're not willing to learn, why not let those who are do?

I no talk to you in the first place shey you know...? Aproko, mind your business and contribute what you have to contribute and stop quoting me, Ignoramus.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by free37: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
hmmm.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by sylvar02(m): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
Time to get some things done
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by SegunBanjoko: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
I love dis. Thanks d poster grin or d postee.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by sasview: 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Great and invaluable!
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by NotNairalandi(m): 10:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
?
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by ichommy(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Brian Tracy don tell me dis nah, Thaks OP
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by 1forall: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
eddiebruk: [s]I no talk to you in the first place shey you know...? Aproko, mind your business and contribute what you have to contribute and stop quoting me, Ignoramus.[/s]

Stop violating the rules of the forum.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
@eddiebruk:

Seems you had a long day. Easy does it bro.
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by MrIfe: 5:13am On Sep 18, 2013
Great steps. I think I will subscribe to them. Cheers!!
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by jascopassion(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks for bringing this my way,I see it as a source of resurgence to my set aside plans.
It is simply simple and easy to accomplished
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by ceeteed(m): 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
lovely and impactful
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by HealthWealth: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Eat that frogs by Brian Tracy can help u.

Brian Tracy is guru in time management and goals
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Wakabook01(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Great article........
Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by Goldberg: 1:09am On Sep 27, 2013
Make una throw blow online now if una fit.. Smilesss.. Nice talk Poster... I dey feel you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tetra Pak Appoints Oshiokamele Aruna - Its First Nigerian Managing Director / Cisco Certification Advice, Materials / Between A Musician, An Actor And A Comedy Creator/influencer Which Is Profitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.