Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream (1848 Views)

Photo: Could This Be What MFM Usually Refer To As EVIL LOAD? / Luxury Designer Brand Shoes. Bulk And Retail Sales Available. Pay On Delivery!! / Luxury Designer Brand Shoes. Bulk And Retail Sales Available. Pay On Delivery!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by HRhotness(f): 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2008
Ok people, this is a rant
I think not many people can tell the difference between a designer brand and a High street brand.
The term high Street brand is a UK term and they are just the typical stores you would find on the high street of major city. Examples are
Top Shop
Monsoon
Kew
H&M
Next
Gap
Zara
Oasis
Levi's

Designer brands are brands of high quality, high end luxury goods, mostly designed specifically for the brand. Examples of these
Prada
Burberry
Calvin Klein
Chanel
Dior
Gucci
Handbags
Hermes (1)
Juicy Couture
Louis Vuitton
Ralph Lauren
Versace
Yves Saint Laurent

The difference is that high street brands don’t design anything; they either make cheaper copies of designer brands or get some celebrity to design a special line for them.

I keep bumping into girls who are walking around with airs, claiming to wear designer clothing after waking up at 3am on Boxing Day to queue up at the next sale. Nowhere in this planet can u get a designer brand for £10 and that’s a fact!
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by mohawkchic(f): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2008
~ROTFL @ your post!!

~I suppose there's no harm if people want to call Next a designer grin

I keep bumping into girls who are walking around with airs, claiming to wear designer clothing after waking up at 3am on Boxing Day to queue up at the next sale.

~Am yet to see/want Anything that badly that will make me Queue up at dawn to get!!

Nowhere in this planet can u get a designer brand for £10 and that’s a fact!

TK Maxx ?? grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by HRhotness(f): 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Am yet to see/want Anything that badly that will make me Queue up at dawn to get!!

thats the annoying thing, u never get what u want at those sales, its just left overs, stuff other people didnt want.
and the stupid girls scream out designer clothes. . . designer my foot angry

TK Maxx ?? grin

Oh yeah. . . grin

I forgot grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by quinofhart(f): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2008
this thread is totally pointless,
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by mohawkchic(f): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2008
~Who checks out people's labels in the Real world anyways? some people take their social status just too seriously these days!! Since you're not going to check out the labels,they'll be sure to brag about it. . .no doubt you'd have given them a hearful about the Differences between Highstreet N Designer wink

~The lengths Some people will go thru just to be noticed wearing a certain brand name,like who cares,except if you're walking the Red Carpet In Hollywood or some movie premiere cool

"Mohawkchic what are you wearing?"

"Oooh am wearing Next"  grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 20, 2008
Lol grin.

I'm not one to care about designer names and all the hype, I just wear what fits me.
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by TOH(f): 3:08am On Jun 20, 2008
I can't imagine someone claiming H&M as a designer brand. Lol

I take it Next to you guys is like Express to us.
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by Tetchiness(f): 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
Who cares about designer brands?
Go to the mall and pick out any outfit that looks hot on ya cool
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by busygirl(f): 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2008
i don't know where to classify brands like;
PRINCIPLES
MARKS ANS SPENCER
LAURA ASHLEY
DOROTHY PERKINS
TED BAKER
I  really don't care about designer stuff. . .except during sales. . .so far you're wearing what suits you properly. . .that's all that matters. Sometimes, some designs doesn't worth their prices. . .it's plain annoying that they come in ridiculous prices  yet they're so ugly and unfashionable grin grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by tope2000(f): 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2008
busygirl:

i don't know where to classify brands like;
PRINCIPLES
MARKS ANS SPENCER
LAURA ASHLEY
DOROTHY PERKINS
TED BAKER
I  really don't care about designer stuff. . .except during sales. . .so far you're wearing what suits you properly. . .that's all that matters. Sometimes, some designs doesn't worth their prices. . .it's plain annoying that they come in ridiculous prices  yet they're so ugly and unfashionable grin grin
Those are the designer in there.
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by HRhotness(f): 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ busygirl
Laura Ashley is a british designer. . .  everything else is high street.

@ tope2000
Ted baker is a clothing retail company not a designer

@ topic
I am known to rock anthing from Primark to Prada, it depends on th elook I'm going for, the clothes themselves and how broke I am at the time. designer clothing are a treat for me, its all about the highest quality and luxury.

I just can't stand people who go around making out like they are anything special because they shop at NExt or or Gap. . .  news flash, we all do!
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by mohawkchic(f): 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2008
~Just wondering why Debenhams hasnt been included in the lists of High street stores!! grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by TOH(f): 9:01pm On Jun 20, 2008
No one shops at The Gap here anymore
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by HRhotness(f): 9:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Just wondering why Debenhams hasnt been included in the lists of High street stores!! grin

I guess I expect that people can tell what a department store is  grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by eiete(f): 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
mohawkchic:

That would go in group of Department stores like,

John Lewis
Liberty
Selfriges
House  Of Fraser
Bentalls etc.
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by busygirl(f): 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2008
[/quote][quote author=TOH link=topic=143877.msg2399375#msg2399375 date=1213992099]
No one shops at The Gap here anymore
I entered GAP once and didn't find one single thing appealing to me!
There's no big deal shopping at next. . .I actually prefer River Island cheesy cheesy btw i love primark best. .
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by mohawkchic(f): 12:21am On Jun 21, 2008
~Lol  cheesy You cheeky bugger HR.hotness  tongue!!

~Saw the sales ad on Tv while i was on here and i thought hang on a minute, no one mentioned the designers at Debenham. . . me mind day waka   embarassed

~Thanks for the heads up thu @ eiete N HR.hotness grin
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by uzoo: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2008
well if you're a girl and you're 6ft tall and above

then your only saviour is Gap.

i shop at Gap,basically because thats the only store where i
can find the right in-seam pants for my length.

the rest just make you feel you're putting on a pair of Micheal Jackson's
pants , with the white socks if you know what i mean.
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by HRhotness(f): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2008
the essence of thsi thread is not to bash people who shop in high street stores,

one of my favorite places to shop actually is primark. . . £50 can go a very long way in there grin

I dont think Gap is that bad, i did get a couple of nice things in there a while back, it all has to do with taste
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by uchetobi(f): 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
If someone is wearing Next and has the air of wearing designers! Its nothing bad…just shows confidence and grace! Am all for someone in a one dollar top, but has the confidence of someone in a 100 pounds top. Well, whateva!
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by Gamine(f): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
Nawa oo!

na everybody wey fit buy Gucci, LV n the rest

nawa o, abeg make i rock my Mango, Faith n Zara wellu wellu!
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by HRhotness(f): 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2008
uchetobi:

If someone is wearing Next and has the air of wearing designers! Its nothing bad…just shows confidence and grace! Am all for someone in a one dollar top, but has the confidence of someone in a 100 pounds top. Well, whateva!

Gamine:

Nawa oo!

na everybody wey fit buy Gucci, LV n the rest

nawa o, abeg make i rock my Mango, Faith n Zara wellu wellu!

Once again y'all are missing the point of this thread. . .

I hav nothin against high street brands, I rock them all, afterall i dont earn bundles to throw away on over-priced designers!

My problem is with people who are in your face claiming they wear the latest designers when all u can see is a next tag on their cloths. . . this thread is about ededucating people on the difference and not criticising lipsrsealed
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by Chat2MeBac(f): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2008
How can you miss my dearest Dian Von Furstenberg, I love this woman and her clothes, wink
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by Gamine(f): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2008
And see me thinking it was Diane Von Furstenberg.

Anyways, i do get the point.

I remember in school, some girl was just like

i shop at all the designer stores when i go to the UK

see, i just got this Atmosphere Bag!
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by tola08: 4:14am On Jul 05, 2008
laura Ashley is also a high street shop and not a UK designer
Re: If I Hear Someone Else Refer To Next As A Designer Brand, I’ll Scream by shuppie(f): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2008
what about KATHERINE HAMNETT.

(1) (Reply)

This Bride Took Her Wedding Dress To The Next Level (photos) / Hello Beautiful Ladies! Do You Admire An Exceptional Skin / 7 Unique Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.