Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching (1072 Views)

Tips To Deal With Toxic People From Islamic And Counseling Sources / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / Jarus & Olabowale: Why Is Islamic Teaching And Belief Not Uniform? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by eluquenson(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pretty interesting list. I would say we pretty much hit
them all, so i guess we are doomed.

The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance
of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)

Books/writing will be widespread and (religious)

knowledge will be low (Ahmad)

Adultery and fornication will be prevalent
(Muhammad S.A.W said that this has never
happened without new diseases befalling the people,
which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari,
Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami)

When fornication becomes widespread among your
leaders (Muhammad S.A.W said that this will happen
when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah)
Adultery and fornication will be performed in the
open...hmm

The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread
(Bukhari & Muslim)

Women will outnumber men......eventually 50:1 grin
(Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, &
Ahmad)

The nations of the earth will gather against the
Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a
table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims
are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
People will beat others with whips like the tails of
oxen (Muslim)?

The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al-
Hakim)

Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)

Children of fornication will become widespread or
prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
When a trust becomes a means of making a profit
(at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami)
Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no
benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)
There will be people who will be brethren in public
but enemies in secret
When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother;
and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father
(at-Tirmidhi)

People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs
exposed
Great distances will be traversed in short spans of
time
The people of Iraq will receive no food and no money
People will hop between the clouds and the earth
The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-
Tirmidhi)

Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)

People will treat a man with respect out of fear for
some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi)

Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)

Female singers and musical instruments will become
popular (at-Tirmidhi)

When singers become common (Al-Haythami)

People will dance late into the night
People will believe in the stars (Al-Haythami)

Time will pass rapidly (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)

Good deeds will decrease (Bukhari)

Smog will appear over cities because of the evil that
they are doing
People will be carrying on with their trade, but their
will only be a few trustworthy persons
Wealth will increase so much so that if a man were
given 10,000, he would not be content with it
(Ahmad & Bukhari)

Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari & Muslim)

There will be attempts to make the deserts green
The appearance of false messengers (30 dajjals)
(Bukhari)

Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these
women will be led astray & will lead others astray
(Muslim)

The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims
(Ahmad)

When people begin to compete with others in the
construction of taller buildings (Bukhari)

There will be a special greeting for the people of
distinction (Ahmad)

Wild animals will be able to talk to humans (Ahmad)

Years of deceit in which the truthful person will not
be believed and the liar will be believed (Ahmad)

Bearing false witness will become widespread (Al-
Haythami & Ahmad)

Trade will become so widespread that a woman will
be forced to help her husband in business (Ahmad)

A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this
world (Ahmad)

Arrogance will increase in the earth (at-Tabarani, al-
Hakim)

Family ties will be cut (Ahmad)

There will be many women of child-bearing age who
will no longer give birth.
There will be an abundance of food, much of which
has no blessing in it.
People will refuse when offered food.
Men will begin to look like women and women will
begin to look like men.

Definitely, End Time Things has begun.

1 Like

Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by maclatunji: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
^You have a point. The world is accelerating to its inevitable end. I wonder, I just wonder...
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
elequenson: Pretty interesting list. I would say we
pretty much hit
them all, so i guess we are doomed.

grin

Women will outnumber
men......eventually 50:1 grin
This is very good news indeed bro. It means more men will have the wonderful and special opportunity to marry four wives and be polygamous.
Very good news....
I completely understand the smiley face in your post.....smiley
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Let me get to posting the counters of those hadith.
Please bear in mind that I am just stating my opinions and why I don't believe these prophecies. I mean no offence to any of the muslims here.

Ok here goes.

eluquenson: The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance
of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
We are presently in the age of enlightenment, globally, there are more technological advances and scientific discoveries so ignorance is not wide spread. If you are talikng of Islamic knowledge you'd still be wrong because more people than ever are getting enlightened about Islam in different parts of the world thanks to the Internet.

Books/writing will be widespread and (religious)knowledge will be low (Ahmad)
Addressed this above^^^^^

Adultery and fornication will be prevalent (Muhammad S.A.W said that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami)
They have been prevalent before Islam and they are prevalent after Islam. This has always been true in whatever age you live in. Also, we live in an age where diseases have declined significantly (first time in history humans were able to wipe out 10+ diseases) and with the banning of slavery the "adultery and fornication" got much less prevalent around the world.

When fornication becomes widespread among your leaders (Muhammad S.A.W said that this will happen when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah) Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open...hmm
Again, this one was used from as early as the Umayyad Empire and incidentally describes every single empire ever on earth, your standard for prophecies is rather flimsy.

The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread(Bukhari & Muslim)
Such a general statement. Mankind has been brewing intoxicating drinks for close to 10,000 years, and partaking in natural drugs perhaps earlier than that.

Women will outnumber men......eventually 50:1 grin (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)
Sorry bro, this one is blatantly false. Right now men outnumber women 1.01-1, and you can rest assured that 50-1 will NEVER EVER happen. the chances of conception of females is exactly equal to males.
Evidence for this is in the CIA world factbook------>https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/xx.html
Click people and society and check out age structure under it wink

Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)
There is much less killing now than the early days on Islam thanks to different world unions with many countries discussing with each other over conflicts instead of just waking up one day to wage war on each other.

The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
Please let me know how EVERY nation on earth is hell bent on destroying Islam, because so far no one has started a holy war from the days of Salah el Din and the world is significantly more tolerant about religions

People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen (Muslim)?
Why is there a question mark at the end of this hadith? Are you unsure of its veracity? Anyway people beating each other with whips was part of slaver and thankfully slave trade is banned globally now, so this is a self defeating prophecy

The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al- Hakim)Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim) Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
All of these can be used to describe any age because this behavior has been and will always be present

Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
Acidic rain is a naturally occurring phenomena as a result of volcanic activity, which was not unheard of in the mountainous Arabia. This is nothing but fear mongering.

Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)
This has been going on since the beginning of time. Even during Muhammed's time there were kings with concubines and slaves who they had children with. There was also extramarital affairs among the citizenry that led to the birth of such children.

When a trust becomes a means of making a profit (at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami)
Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)
There will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret, When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father
(at-Tirmidhi)
The dark side of Human nature.
Was always so, will always be so.

People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed
There are have always been cultures that had clothing that were not conservative. Some tribes walk around almost naked.

Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time
No source. Not surprising. Anyway, Muhammad(SAW) held the record for flight at greater than speed of light atop the Buraq.

The people of Iraq will receive no food and no money
No source again.
Iraq being what we understand and call it today, coming into existence somewhere around the 1920s. Also, Economic conditions are cyclical, even in ancient times.

People will hop between the clouds and the earth
No source again. Doesn't look legit.

The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-Tirmidhi)Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)
Leaders of people have often been oppressors. If anything, they are less oppressive now because there are many measures to keep democratically elected leaders in check.

People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi)
Are you kidding me? How on earth can this even be considered to be a prophecy?

Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)
Egyptians and Chinese men used to wear silk. It was a sign of affluence.

Female singers and musical instruments will become popular (at-Tirmidhi)When singers become common (Al-Haythami)
People will dance late into the night
Many cultures enjoyed musical instruments and had female singers. This kind of stuff happened during his day and far before it.

The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims
(Ahmad)
Wasn't there a a hadith that said the Dajjal will show up 7 years after the fall of Constantinople to Muslim? Constantinople fell to Muslim more than 500 years ago and the Dajjal hasn't shown up.......why??

Hadith - Abu Dawood #4283, Narrated Abdullah ibn Busr The Prophet said: The time between the great war and the conquest of the city (Constantinople) will be six years, and the Dajjal (Antichrist) will come forth in the seventh. Hadith - Abu Dawood #4282, Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal

Anyway I have to stop here, I really don't feel like going on...
Again I apologise for any offence unintentionally caused.
Salam.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 1:42am On Sep 16, 2013
Nice post Op. And all must surely come to past. May Allah subhanawataala save us from these fitnahs.ameeeeeeeen!
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by eluquenson(m): 5:54am On Sep 16, 2013
@NL ,
End of days sign is a continuous sign, if you think they wrong based on your stupidity, then one of the signs has befall you.
Its a simple lesson for those who cares not like you with filtered brain.
If you have a religion, which of the signs is in your Holy book for people to see?
You don't need to be told what you just exhibit now, its one of the end of days things & behavior tongue
May God deliver you.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 16, 2013
eluquenson: @NL ,
End of days sign is a continuous sign, if you think they worng based on your stupidity, then one of the sings has befall you.
Its a simple lesson for those who cares not like you with filtered brain.
If you have a religion, which of the signs is in your Holy book for people to see?
You don't need to be told what you just exhibit now, its one of the end of days things & behavior tongue
May God deliver you.

Next time try to pass your point across without the foul words ok? Allah does not love those who spit vile words.
Macha Allah......
Allah loves the peaceful muslims tongue tongue tongue

So the signs of the end are continous signs? wink

Thanks for letting me know that.
Your statement does nothing to prove me wrong though.
Many of those 'prophesied' signs are things that have been going on since the beginning of time.
They have always been there, didn't just begin.
There is nothing special or strange about them and they are not prophecies. Just guesswork.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by eluquenson(m): 7:28am On Sep 16, 2013
NL member:

Next time try to pass your point across without the foul words ok? Allah does not love those who spit vile words.
Macha Allah......
Allah loves the peaceful muslims tongue tongue tongue

So the signs of the end are continous signs? wink

Thanks for letting me know that.
Your statement does nothing to prove me wrong though.
Many of those 'prophesied' signs are things that have been going on since the beginning of time.
They have always been there, didn't just begin.
There is nothing special or strange about them and they are not prophecies. Just guesswork.

You don't need to constitute a nuisance here as the thread is meant to sensitize our fellow humans.
please, find somewhere else to vomit all your trash. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Nl member. I laughed when I saw your counters about the prophecy last nite. Using your shallow logic to answer some with our present time and thinks in the future it won't happen. Any way most of the signs are yet to occur that doesn't mean it won't happen, it will. Some have started, some are continuous and some in the near future. There are major and minor signs.

1 Like

Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 8:34am On Sep 16, 2013
Yes mankind has been brewing intoxicants for years now but at that time it will be so rampant. Even now, we all know that alcohol is the root cause of several problems facing society. The statistics of soring crime rates increasing instances of mental illness and millions of broken homes throughout the world bear mute testimony to the destructive power of Alcohol. Yet you find it being the only disease sold in bottle throughout the world, it is being sold in several places, cities, hotels, motels, villages, dinner parties and so on. It is being advertise in newspapers, Tv stations, radio stations and so on. Goverments can put a ban to it because it generate income and revenue for them. Here in Nigeria, people don't mind buying a bottle of beer for 250 and above rather than buying a litre of fuel for 130. Our nabi kareeem sallallahu alayhim wa sallam is telling us that a time is coming when it will be so rampant, worse than what we have now. So You can't say that, 'that prophecy is flawed.' just wait for it.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2013
khattab02: Nl member. I laughed when I saw your counters about the prophecy last nite. Using your shallow logic to answer some with our present time and thinks in the future it won't happen. Any way most of the signs are yet to occur that doesn't mean it won't happen, it will. Some have started, some are continuous and some in the near future. There are major and minor signs.

So this is your justification? That some of the prophecies have not happened so we should wait for it because they will happen in future?
Lol.
Lmao grin
I showed you different evidences to prove that there was never a time those 'prophesies'
weren't happening in human history.
Many of those things have always been there since forever, they didn't just magically start because the world is coming to an end.
If corruption and injustice; an inseperable part of human society and which has always existed is termed 'signs of the end', that means every other thing human beings do can also be taken as a sign of the end.
People eating food can also be a sign of the end.
People trading and doing business is a sign of the end, people c0pulating and bearing children is a sign of the end, people falling asleep at night is also a sign of the end.

Etcetera etcetera
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 16, 2013
khattab02: Yes mankind has been brewing intoxicants for years now but at that time it will be so rampant. Even now, we all know that alcohol is the root cause of several problems facing society. The statistics of soring crime rates increasing instances of mental illness and millions of broken homes throughout the world bear mute testimony to the destructive power of Alcohol.

Alcohol was always rampant and it will always be rampant unless a better and legal alternative is discovered for it.
Nothing prophetic about that.
What do you say about the failed Constantinople prophecy though?
Muhammed said the Dajjal will come 7 years after Constantinople falls to the Muslims.

Constantinople fell 500years ago and still no Dajjal.

Explain that.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2013
NL member:

So this is your justification? That some of the prophecies have not happened so we should wait for it because they will happen in future?
Lol.
Lmao grin
I showed you different evidences to prove that there was never a time those 'prophesies'
weren't happening in human history.
Many of those things have always been there since forever, they didn't just magically start because the world is coming to an end.
If corruption and injustice; an inseperable part of human society and which has always existed is termed 'signs of the end', that means every other thing human beings do can also be taken as a sign of the end.
People eating food can also be a sign of the end.
People trading and doing business is a sign of the end, people c0pulating and bearing children is a sign of the end, people falling asleep at night is also a sign of the end.

Etcetera etcetera
well it is not a must that u must believe. These things were said over 1400 ago. How will u know whether they are true or false? You have to wait for the signs before u conclude. Thats why I said some are gradual and continuous. There will be signs before it actual occurrance. For example killing, people won't just wake one morning and start shooting and killing others, no, before that there will be threat to peace and it will start gradually. Has the world ended? NO! It is still in the context of time and event.

1 Like

Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2013
NL member:

Alcohol was always rampant and it will always be rampant unless a better and legal alternative is discovered for it.
Nothing prophetic about that.
What do you say about the failed Constantinople prophecy though?
Muhammed said the Dajjal will come 7 years after Constantinople falls to the Muslims.

Constantinople fell 500years ago and still no Dajjal.

Explain that.
I didn't dispute the fact that Alcohol has been there since. But u have to analyze if its rate is increasing or reducing that is why I gave the analyses above. The world brands of Alcohols now like heineken, guiness and the rest didn't gain much publicity now as in some 150 to 200 years back. May be we haven't gotten to when it will be so rampant as to the prophecy but the rate is increasing. South Africa has over 300,000 alcoholics. In America 55 million. The rampant eveil of drukenness is universal and on the rise.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2013
women will out number men 50:1 and you said it is blantant lie. Lets analyse, Any paediatrician any doctor will tell you male and female are born in equal proportion. But the female sex is stronger than the male sex thats the reason in child mortality, there are more males dieing than female. In children age itself there are more female than male. As life goes on there are more males dieing due to alcohol, accidents, wars etc. If u check the prison system all over the world, there are more males jailed in prison than women. In America there are 7.8 millions women morethan, in Uk there are 4 million women morethan male, in Russian there are 9 million women morethan male, in Germany there are 5 million women morethan male and God alone knows how many women are morethan males in the world. We haven't reached when it will be 50:1 but we are heading to it, if u analyse the statistics of the world. So it is in context of time and event. Thank you.
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
khattab02: well it is not a must that u must believe. These things were said over 1400 ago. How will u know whether they are true or false? You have to wait for the signs before u conclude. Thats why I said some are gradual and continuous. There will be signs before it actual occurrance. For example killing, people won't just wake one morning and start shooting and killing others, no, before that there will be threat to peace and it will start gradually. Has the world ended? NO! It is still in the context of time and event.

When Muhammed 'prophesied' those things, he didn't say "there will be gradual signs before its occurence".
He simply said they will occur.
He didn't say there will be gradual signs of people consuming alcohol before it becomes widespread; he simply said consumption of alcohol would become widespread.

He didn't say there will be gradual signs before a trust becomes a means of making a profit; he simply said trusts would become means of making profits.

He didn't say there will be gradual signs before gains will be shared out only among the
rich, with no benefit to the poor, he didn't say there will be gradual signs before there will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret, and so on and so forth;
All he said was that these things would happen.

Nothing about gradual signs was mentioned.

Muhammed simply said these things would happen.

Things that had already been happening for ages past.....since the beginning of time.
He actually declared that they are a sign of the end times........

Mmmmmmm
Re: Sign Of End Of Days From Islamic Teaching by khattab02: 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
NL member:

When Muhammed 'prophesied' those things, he didn't say "there will be gradual signs before its occurence".
He simply said they will occur.
He didn't say there will be gradual signs of people consuming alcohol before it becomes widespread; he simply said consumption of alcohol would become widespread.

He didn't say there will be gradual signs before a trust becomes a means of making a profit; he simply said trusts would become means of making profits.

He didn't say there will be gradual signs before gains will be shared out only among the
rich, with no benefit to the poor, he didn't say there will be gradual signs before there will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret, and so on and so forth;
All he said was that these things would happen.

Nothing about gradual signs was mentioned.

Muhammed simply said these things would happen.

Things that had already been happening for ages past.....since the beginning of time.
He actually declared that they are a sign of the end times........

Mmmmmmm

lol... U are funny. How will you know whether it has ocurred or not? The best way to know is to analyse. There are ahadiths explaining other ahadiths in context. All these will lead to the actually event. Can you travel to the future to verify? No! You have to analyse and check. It won't occur just one day. There are events that must take place before others.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Crusader Soldiers From The West Giving Hope To The Muslims Of Somalia / Is Quran Copied From Thebible? / Naigeria Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.