Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times (16329 Views)

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
safarigirl: we should compare him to old artistes? Like P-square that started a year before him and have waxed stronger? The 'Don't Tell Me Nonsense' has garnered just over 200 thousand views on youtube since it's release, meanwhile 'Personally' that came out same day has over 5 million views, even Wande Coal's 'The Kick' that was released weeks after has over 400 thousand views. D'banj na wash abeg, a review can NEVER translate to anything substantial, wack music is WACK music. Shikena!
Oliver Twist video by D'banj is the most watched music video on youtube in Africa. Personally or whatever from P-Square can't even surpass it. So stop fooling yourself. You got no clue
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
olala32:

if d banj ever win grammy make i die
And he go win am and you go die like fowl

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
safarigirl: we should compare him to old artistes? Like P-square that started a year before him and have waxed stronger? The 'Don't Tell Me Nonsense' has garnered just over 200 thousand views on youtube since it's release, meanwhile 'Personally' that came out same day has over 5 million views, even Wande Coal's 'The Kick' that was released weeks after has over 400 thousand views. D'banj na wash abeg, a review can NEVER translate to anything substantial, wack music is WACK music. Shikena!
Lolz is it because P-square was dancing/imitating Micheal Jackson in their personally video you thought about rating p-square high than D'banj??

P-square are hungry for public awareness and they choose to imitate MJ in their videos dancing like 'hungry kidz, grin can you start stating what p-square have achieved so far instead of singing poems for GLO adverts grin I love p-square but you can't compare D'banj achievement to p-square... the gap is there

Artiste singing in the past decades, where are they now?,and you're comparing D'banj with davido, wizkid, wande coal, iyanya etc...

Where is...

Blackface, faze, eedris, rugged man, tony tetuila, eldee(trying), 2shorts, weird MC etc where are they now??

The two artiste managing to be on the lime light are 2face and p-square grin

Hello girl...you forgot Hennesy choose only D'banj for their artistry they can't afford other artistes with Eja nla, he's the big fish mehn!... yeah the song "raise your glass" is hitting waves right now while your p-square are there imitating MJ like kidz grin grin

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
babakb: why are u peeps hatin on dbanj, like it or not its a win win situation for him, if its a paid review then it means the nigga is very heavy in the game, if its not a paid review then he is making a serious impact in america.

besides dbanj is tired of making hit tracks in naija, so he needs something new. u haters are so quick to forget when u were dancing to tongolo, soco, why me, close to u, i love that booty, falling in love, gbono feli feli, pere, suddenly, move your body, mr endowed, scape goat, oliver twist shit i'm tired of counting.

davido, wizkid, wande coal, flavour, iyanya all these guys can never attain what dbanj is achieving.
talking about psquare, they're copy cats, pls they cant rep africa, everyone is shouting personally, why did they copy micheal jackson in the video, if you need original music contact 2face and dbang.

another misunderstanding, don jazzy did not make dbanj, dbanj made don jazzy, see what marvin records is now?

dbanj has said it all, "i'm not sorry i'm rich, i'm sorry u broke, nigga dont blame me, blame it on the money"
so dont tell me nonsense.
TELL THE HATERS

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
babakb: why are u peeps hatin on dbanj, like it or not its a win win situation for him, if its a paid review then it means the nigga is very heavy in the game, if its not a paid review then he is making a serious impact in america.

besides dbanj is tired of making hit tracks in naija, so he needs something new. u haters are so quick to forget when u were dancing to tongolo, soco, why me, close to u, i love that booty, falling in love, gbono feli feli, pere, suddenly, move your body, mr endowed, scape goat, oliver twist shit i'm tired of counting.

davido, wizkid, wande coal, flavour, iyanya all these guys can never attain what dbanj is achieving.
talking about psquare, they're copy cats, pls they cant rep africa, everyone is shouting personally, why did they copy micheal jackson in the video, if you need original music contact 2face and dbang.

another misunderstanding, don jazzy did not make dbanj, dbanj made don jazzy, see what marvin records is now?

dbanj has said it all, "i'm not sorry i'm rich, i'm sorry u broke, nigga dont blame me, blame it on the money"
TELL THE HATERS!
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by tintingz(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2013

Lolz love your post...

P-square copying MJ in personally video... I love p-square I'm also a twin like them grin.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamdsam: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2013

TELL THE HATERS!
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Synthase(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
Atleast sombody is rich enough to pay for a review in New York Times....

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by safarigirl(f): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Lol @ the D'banj possie tryna make him seem relevant. Even on the list of most famous Nigerian musicians, a number 11 had to be created to sneak eja nla in. Even psquare and 2 baba beat him with P-square being the number 1 based in Naija, D'banj didn't make the top 10 and someone says niqqa is relevant. Lemme laugh. P-square will top D'banj 98% of the time, at least they got a GLO endorsment gig, who's eja nla endorsing? The Hennessy ish lasts a year and they've never gotten P-square cos them dudes too expensive for em. Forget Oliver Twist and gimme something recent, it's like tryna argue that MC Hammer is the greatest artiste of all time and shouting 'can't touch this' as reference. MJ reigned over 2 decades, that's a great artiste with consistent mega-hits like P-square, not D'banj that closed shop after one mega-hit. O ti to.

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Buddydogg(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
tellwisdom: Why is this guy paying people to be famous by force, even when we all know him as a crap singer?? sad
bros u Bleep.
Ain't you a fool for what you jst say huh! Nobody in diz nigeria dont no dat diz guy call d'banj is a hot shot you hear me again hotshot in town, here in nigeria & abrod bro please grow up jst 2day huh.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Buddydogg(m): 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
safarigirl: Lol @ the D'banj possie tryna make him seem relevant. Even on the list of most famous Nigerian musicians, a number 11 had to be created to sneak eja nla in. Even psquare and 2 baba beat him with P-square being the number 1 based in Naija, D'banj didn't make the top 10 and someone says niqqa is relevant. Lemme laugh. P-square will top D'banj 98% of the time, at least they got a GLO endorsment gig, who's eja nla endorsing? The Hennessy ish lasts a year and they've never gotten P-square cos them dudes too expensive for em. Forget Oliver Twist and gimme something recent, it's like tryna argue that MC Hammer is the greatest artiste of all time and shouting 'can't touch this' as reference. MJ reigned over 2 decades, that's a great artiste with consistent mega-hits like P-square, not D'banj that closed shop after one mega-hit. O ti to.
haaa what i think here is this beb or dud jst speaking dog shit here, pls anybdy wit purewater should jst help her wit it!

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by lionshare: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Who God has blessed no man can curse...all I see here are rantings of haters who cannot comprehend why drank remains on top.

I love Paquare and I adore 2face. However, ever since dbanj broke up with mo hits... He has been waxing stronger. I can say that he is the most endorsed Nigerian artist as of now...I have facts.

Yes, you guys says he sings wack music, no qualms but I will rather remain wack and be on top of the world.

As for the article either paid or not, it simply implies dbanj is on another league now. I sure even Davido would have paid up have his album reviewed.

Hate from now till next eternity dbanj as done things other artistes can only dream of...

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
safarigirl: Lol @ the D'banj possie tryna make him seem relevant. Even on the list of most famous Nigerian musicians, a number 11 had to be created to sneak eja nla in. Even psquare and 2 baba beat him with P-square being the number 1 based in Naija, D'banj didn't make the top 10 and someone says niqqa is relevant. Lemme laugh. P-square will top D'banj 98% of the time, at least they got a GLO endorsment gig, who's eja nla endorsing? The Hennessy ish lasts a year and they've never gotten P-square cos them dudes too expensive for em. Forget Oliver Twist and gimme something recent, it's like tryna argue that MC Hammer is the greatest artiste of all time and shouting 'can't touch this' as reference. MJ reigned over 2 decades, that's a great artiste with consistent mega-hits like P-square, not D'banj that closed shop after one mega-hit. O ti to.

So because pquare got GLO ambassador deal we should run away?
For ur info, dbanj was a glo ambassador long before psquare and he personally terminated the contract.

Where have u been few months back? I guess u are not in naija.
If not, u will be aware of 250million mouth-watering deal dbanj just signed with etisalat.

Your yeye psquare cannot achieve such a feat.

Dbanj is at the top while others follow.

www.jaguda.com/2013/06/27/news-n250m-for-dbanj-in-new-etisalat-deal/

www.gistreel.com/2013/06/27/dbanj-ports-to-etisalat-signs-n250-million-endorsement-deal/

So check out that from eja nla

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Buddydogg(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
lionshare: Who God has blessed no man can curse...all I see here are rantings of haters who cannot comprehend why drank remains on top.

I love Paquare and I adore 2face. However, ever since dbanj broke up with mo hits... He has been waxing stronger. I can say that he is the most endorsed Nigerian artist as of now...I have facts.

Yes, you guys says he sings wack music, no qualms but I will rather remain wack and be on top of the world.

As for the article either paid or not, it simply implies dbanj is on another league now. I sure even Davido would have paid up have his album reviewed.

Hate from now till next eternity dbanj as done things other artistes can only dream of...
bro thump's up mehn, u get mouth.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by kaze4blues(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2013

Oh! Its u...the infamous safari girl.

Its will be pure waste of time to argue with u on this subject matter.
We have known u to be a blind ass-licker of psquare.

So hug the nearest transformer to ease your beef on dbanj
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by adelaja70(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
Somebody should please send safari girl back to the desert....She reason like a camel.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by tintingz(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
really?

Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo (popularly known as D'banj, born June 9, 1980), is a Nigerian icon who is a singer- songwriter, an harmonica player and a businessman. He has won several music awards including the awards for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007,Artist of the Year at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2009. and BET Awards of 2011 for Best International Act; Africa. He adopted the stage name D'banj, a combination of his first name Dapo and his surname Oyebanjo. D'banj is currently best known internationally for his 2012 summer hit " Oliver Twist", an uptempo dance fusion of Afro-Beats and electronic dance music that topped the African charts 2011 and was a top 10 hit in the UK singles chart in 2012 reaching #2 on the UK R&B chart.
www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dbanj

Hello Madam, don't tell us nonsense grin

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by omojaytee(m): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
manuelzz:

Paid review? because no single work from the banana infested records(mavin) has ever gotten an international recognition...Keep spewin' rubbish while he's out there reppin naija tongue
fcken sharaap!don jazzy(mavin c.e.o) has bin recognised internationally by forbes magazine as d 2nd richest musician in africa!!!!

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
sing in banglee 's voice
*why u dey there dey watch my life hv got no problem at all for my life seeing that dis world na de strong go survive me i dey hussle and everthing is alright.
i want be ya ya ya.*
Dbanj is my man 4 eve haters keep hating but nothing wrong psquare
REFURBSHING others people ideal.
you nigga just thristy joooo
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Buddydogg(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
tintingz: really?

Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo (popularly known as D'banj, born June 9, 1980), is a Nigerian icon who is a singer- songwriter, an harmonica player and a businessman. He has won several music awards including the awards for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007,Artist of the Year at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2009. and BET Awards of 2011 for Best International Act; Africa. He adopted the stage name D'banj, a combination of his first name Dapo and his surname Oyebanjo. D'banj is currently best known internationally for his 2012 summer hit " Oliver Twist", an uptempo dance fusion of Afro-Beats and electronic dance music that topped the African charts 2011 and was a top 10 hit in the UK singles chart in 2012 reaching #2 on the UK R&B chart.

nitwit gal hope you dey read this.........
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by tellwisdom: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Buddy dogg: lols you make me laugh! Ain't you a big fool little dicksucker jst look at wat you wrote up there, c'mon mehn dat guy iz a big guy even making it in the newyork time's oo my gosh, ooh! I 4got u may b 1 of diz nock header boi'z without a single brain jackass!

Will you shuttup for the last time. You son of a Mixed parent. This is what happens when a female human goes to bed with a male dog. #Anu ofia angry
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by tellwisdom: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Synthase: Atleast sombody is rich enough to pay for a review in New York Times....

No bro, you don't rub fame to our face. It comes naturally. Gerrit?? sad
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Only on a D'Banj thread would you find the same two or three paid agents repeatedly attacking other posters that express honest, neutral opinions about the geezer's wack recent form. Sore losers. Fighting faceless people on the internet and branding them 'haters' for pointing out the wackness of D'Banj's songs would not improve his dying career.

If you really love the punk, you should advise him to go and beg the likes of Wizkid and Olamide for the 'secret' of making hit after hit on a consistent basis. Oliver Twist is so twisted right now, worse than a broken record.

*Walks away singing Wizkid's MONSTER new jam - Caro*
- I'm looking for Caro....
- Show me Caro
- Sisi Caro
- Where are you Caroooooo. . . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Ziggyzito(m): 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
0key: it's definitely a paid review. Wishing him d best.

so funny how foooolish people can be...learn to talk or write modestly.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by Ziggyzito(m): 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yungwizzzy: piece of shitt sponsored by kanye mtceeew
God save us! Another foool is here.
Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamboody(m): 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Some people can hate sha, Nigerian mentality! How can a person like Dbanj be able to pay for a review on New York Times? This is not your local lagos Punch or Tribune which politicians and corrupt people toil with,. Better take a sit and give credit to whom credit is due..Maybe some of your should come here and know what it means to be reviewed on NYT.
We should honestly agree together that Dbanj is not the same again music wise but mind you Kayne West last album was also whack, Jayz dint av more than 2 hit tracks on his album but these guys are building empires.. Dbanj is packaging himself for success you are there reviewing an album that has already been reviewed by the almighty NYT. Branding is what Mega Stars feed on and not music.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by iamboody(m): 12:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Can somebody just tell me when this guy will finally get broke? Cos I keep hearing that music all the time, its an old habbit now...pls drop it, fiile its getting boring..The guy keeps cutting edges and people keep saying his music is whack, he will get broke. Pls change tune, this tune is old, boring and false.. Dbanj is definitely not cheap. Kudos also to Don J, Tuface and Psquard they all rock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Godwin Remix By Korede Bello And All Stars / Don Jazzy's Rising Star Awards / Photos From Nigeria Music Video Awards NMVA 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.