Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? (3111 Views)

How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview / Is It Fair To Ask The Employees To State The Amount To Be Paid During Interview? / Employer/Job Seekers Emails Database For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Please house this is one of the vital question that is being asked during interview.
A friend of my said after her interview one of them askd. Why did you want to leave your current job? And she said she needs a better income and d man replied so if we employed you and another company gave you a better offer, would you leave us too?
Pls can anybody help out here what should be a better response to this type of question.
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pls guyz ya contributions wud b appreciated
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by SimpleJetty(f): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Why do you want to leave your current employer?

I want a working environment that avails me challenges which will in turn yeild maximization of potentials. A working environment where skills are judiciously utilized and in turn avail me job satisfaction.

2 Likes

Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
SimpleJetty: Why do you want to leave your current employer?

I want a working environment that avails me challenges which will in turn yeild maximization of potentials. A working environment where skills are judiciously utilized and in turn avail me job satisfaction.
i love this...
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by ddeductive1: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Better income!!!!!!! No way a multinational or tripple A or a blue chip company wi score ur frd high. Neva neva use 'money" as ur response.

ANSWER= "I AM GRATEFUL 4D EXPERIENCE FROM MY PRESENT COMPANY,HOWEVER,I AM LOOKING 4 NEW CHALLENGES TO FURTHER DEVELOP. I AM LOOKING 4 A COMPANY WHERE I CAN CONTRIBUTE MORE WITH MY BETTER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE."

goodluck
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2013
Tanx guyz.
More comentz pls
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2013
ddeductive1: Better income!!!!!!! No way a multinational or tripple A or a blue chip company wi score ur frd high. Neva neva use 'money" as ur response.

ANSWER= "I AM GRATEFUL 4D EXPERIENCE FROM MY PRESENT COMPANY,HOWEVER,I AM LOOKING 4 NEW CHALLENGES TO FURTHER DEVELOP. I AM LOOKING 4 A COMPANY WHERE I CAN CONTRIBUTE MORE WITH MY BETTER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE."

goodluck
bt cud this means that your present employer aint contributing well to your career?
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Okonkwosamuel(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
bt cud this means that your present employer aint contributing well to your career?
that was a nice response though
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by ddeductive1: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2013
dat was y i made use of the word "MORE",suggesting that my full potentials v not bn utilized by my present company. Note,i started by showing my appreciation to my present company.

D major essence of that question bn asked,is to see whether d interviewee wi respond by slandering d reputation of his present employer.
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by rasheedow(m): 11:15am On Sep 16, 2013
@ all , what about what to say , when asking for expected salary from them? Are we to sate or what?
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by rasheedow(m): 11:16am On Sep 16, 2013
@ all , what about what to say , when asking for expected salary from them? Are we to mention or what?
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
ddeductive1:

D major essence of that question bn asked,is to see whether d interviewee wi respond by slandering d reputation of his present employer.
Now your are talking. And to foundout you wnt endup doin d same to dem
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
ddeductive1: dat was y i made use of the word "MORE",suggesting that my full potentials v not bn utilized by my present company. Note,i started by showing my appreciation to my present company.

Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
rasheedow: @ all , what about what to say , when asking for expected salary from them? Are we to sate or what?
Stating the salary wudnt be necessary bt as 4me I cud replied say: i beleived this organisation have a salary scale 4 her workers so I would be happy if i am being paid accordinly as it deems fit.
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Topisyn(f): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2013
U can also say i want change of environment and more experience
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2013
From my own experience, regarding salary, don't say: I believe the 'organisation' has a salary scale, rather "the industry" because the organisation salary scale and the industry salary scale may differ...I am in a construction company and if I had an idea there is a body regulating salary schedule for Nigerians, I would have made reference to the guiding principles as asked to be paid accordingly during my interview. I discovered after I had gotten the job that I was paid way below the standard as a Graduate....
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Teeworld13: From my own experience, regarding salary, don't say: I believe the 'organisation' has a salary scale, rather "the industry" because the organisation salary scale and the industry salary scale may differ...I am in a construction company and if I had an idea there is a body regulating salary schedule for Nigerians, I would have made reference to the guiding principles as asked to be paid accordingly during my interview. I discovered after I had gotten the job that I was paid way below the standard as a Graduate....
Can you b more specific pls? Bt i tink it wud b more advisable dt one shud findout abt d salary scale of dat coy b4 goin
Re: Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? by Tuntheycr7: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Teeworld13: From my own experience, regarding salary, don't say: I believe the 'organisation' has a salary scale, rather "the industry" because the organisation salary scale and the industry salary scale may differ...I am in a construction company and if I had an idea there is a body regulating salary schedule for Nigerians, I would have made reference to the guiding principles as asked to be paid accordingly during my interview. I discovered after I had gotten the job that I was paid way below the standard as a Graduate....

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies At Union Bank (gboko Branch, Benue State) / Npower: See Why Everbody Cannot Participate / Mobil Calling For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.