Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. (1645 Views)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Drink Water While Eating / Reason Why You Shouldn't Drink Water While Eating / Must Your Baby Take Water While Practising'' Exclusive'' Breastfeeding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Jayclinics(m): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Water as we all know is a universal solvent as it can dissolve so many substances. This adds to other numerous importance of water coupled to the fact that all the living things on planet earth and also virtually non living things are composed of it and depends on water for their precious existence.
In as much on all this, it is not healthy to drink water while eating.you have to wait for about 5-10 minutes before drinking water. Ok, you will be saying in your mind, 'what is this guy talking about?' Imagine you cooking your meal, and finally its time to put ur salt or paper. Then after adding the salt; the food come out more thirstful and you will be saying, 'hello food be fast, guys are H'ing badly' then suddenly you have to add more water into the food so that the food wont burn in your pot. You will notice that after adding the water, the thirst the salt had improved inside the food will diminish rapidly because the water has diluted the salt.
That is the case in your stomach, when you eat, their are some enzymes produced inside the stomach, intestine: the pepsin renin, amylopsin and so on. They break down the food particles into smaller particles that enables the food to be assimilated into the blood stream by the villi which lies on the walls of the small intestine. This water will dilute these enzymes, and they will cease to function for the mean time pending when the gallbladder, intestinal cells lining on the walls of the intestine tends to produce more enzyme to put the chemical reaction in equilibrium.
Let me stop here but endeavour to ask your questions and I will be pleased to attend to it.
Thank you.
SOURCE: http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/why-you-must-not-drink-water-while.html

Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
THAT NICE MAN, SOME OF WE FOLK FIND IT RIGHT TO DRINK WHILE EATING
wink wink wink wink wink wink[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
hahhahahshahahagahahaha....... had me a good laugh....

please move to jokes section.

like the previous guy said........ we like taking water with our food just fine.

and the thing about salt and "H ing " that's just bleeping hilarious....
hahahhahhhha.....

how old are u men........ ?
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Jayclinics(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
brosss: hahhahahshahahagahahaha....... had me a good laugh....

please move to jokes section.

like the previous guy said........ we like taking water with our food just fine.

and the thing about salt and "H ing " that's just bleeping hilarious....
hahahhahhhha.....

how old are u men........ ?
LOL.... grin grin grin
GUY, WHY YOU WAN KNW HOW MANY YEARS I DEY?

AND AGAIN MAN, MY POST IS REAL, DONT HINK IT IS ONE OF THOSE GEBBRISH LOITERING ABT THE NET.
CHECK MY BLOG AND SEE MY HANDIWORK, DEN GET BACK TO ME WITH SERIOUSNESS.
HAHAHAHAAAAA!
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by eameh30: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
What are U even saying? Water dilutes the enzymes and so? Is anybody complaining that he's uncomfortable when he eats and drink dat same moment? Some people have problem
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by megajay1(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2013
eameh30: What are U even saying? Water dilutes the enzymes and so? Is anybody complaining that he's uncomfortable when he eats and drink dat same moment? Some people have problem
You don't have to complain because you don't see or feel the impact. But eventually, the repercussion is just that the effects keep on pulling and adds to the increase of toxins in the body as the food will bot digest when its suppose to.
This is just like adding raw salt, spices or any other ingredient to the food that has already being cooked. You won't know it affects your bones. But it really does.
I mean no harm bro...
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Tinkybabe(f): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hmm . interesting fact!

But Op water does not actually dilute with the enzymes. It dilutes with the surrounding environment of the enzymes resulting in a shift from the ph(optimum) the enzymes work best at. This then invariably reduces(not cease) enzymatic activities.

Thanks for sharing though
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Watermelon(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Story!!, you can tell Afam4ever, especially when he is eating yam
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Caracta(f): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is not for me. I drink water before, during and after meal. My enzymes are cool with it.
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by talktrue1(m): 3:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Back then in the university. When you are broke; eat 3 wraps of "okpa" by 8am, drink water by 12noon, you will be full till evening when you can now eat fried yam and akara by 7pm. Your stomach will be full as if you ate 1-1-1.
If you drink water immediately after eating okpa, you will spend the rest of your day sleeping in class

drinking water while eating makes you full on time, your food will digest very fast and soon, you go hungry again
Re: Why You Must Not Drink Water While Eating. by Jayclinics(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Watermelon: Story!!, you can tell Afam4ever, especially when he is eating yam
hahahahaaa

(1) (Reply)

But Not All Smokers Get Cancer. Why? / D Lines In Your Palm Can Reveal Secrets About Ur Life. I Read Mine And It Works / Digital Therapy Full Body Massager Pain Relief Acupuncture +therapy Slippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.