Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Why Do Christians Backslide? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Backslide? (1461 Views)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Does It Mean To Backslide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Backslide? by engrtee(f): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
People come to church for a while, appear to be passionate for God, then for no apparent reason, decide that they want nothing to do with Christ anymore. Why does that happen, and how do we prevent that from happening to us?Could it have been prevented? Could it be prevented?
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by plaetton: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Because faith = doubt

If the faith battery is not constantly recharged, then the battery loses its power, eventually dies out, and then reverts to the default position of doubts.
That is why you need to pray fervently as many times as possible in a day.
Attend church as many times a week as possible.
Attend vigils, special prayers sessions, make-belief miracle sessions, listen to as many testimonies as possible.

These are the only ways you can be sure to keep your faith battery fully charged at all times.

You see, faith seems to have short battery life these days.
I guess they don't make them as good as they used to.

Who knows, maybe it has been outsourced to Chinese factories. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by pxjosh(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Christains backslide for many reasons. From my small knowledge, christain backslide when they stop focusing on Jesus, When they stop increasing their faith, when they're not in intimacy with God, when they forget the reasons why they're christains, amongst others.
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by plaetton: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
pxjosh: Christains backslide for many reasons. From my small knowledge, christain backslide when they stop focusing on Jesus, When they stop increasing their faith, when they're not in intimacy with God, when they forget the reasons why they're christains, amongst others.

I just love the bolded.
So sir, would you agree with me that faith is just another name for Degrees Of Doubt.?
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by pxjosh(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

I just love the bolded.
So sir, would you agree with me that faith is just another name for Degrees Of Doubt.?
as faith increases, doubt decreases and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by engrtee(f): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: Because faith = doubt

If the faith battery is not constantly recharged, then the battery loses its power, eventually dies out, and then reverts to the default position of doubts.
That is why you need to pray fervently as many times as possible in a day.
Attend church as many times a week as possible.
Attend vigils, special prayers sessions, make-belief miracle sessions, listen to as many testimonies as possible.

These are the only ways you can be sure to keep your faith battery fully charged at all times.

You see, faith seems to have short battery life these days.
I guess they don't make them as good as they used to.

Who knows, maybe it has been outsourced to Chinese factories. grin

I DONT COMPREHEND YOU, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU NEED CONTINUE GOING TO VIGIL, PRAYING AND FELLOWSHIPING WITH FELLOW BRETHREN. BUT WHERE DOES DOUBT COME IN?
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by plaetton: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
engrtee:

I DONT COMPREHEND YOU, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU NEED CONTINUE GOING TO VIGIL, PRAYING AND FELLOWSHIPING WITH FELLOW BRETHREN. BUT WHERE DOES DOUBT COME IN?

You do all that for the purpose of recharging your faith.
Recharging your faith means checkmating and conquering doubts.
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by pxjosh(m): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

You do all that for the purpose of recharging your faith.
Recharging your faith means checkmating and conquering doubts.
faith is not all about degrees of doubt, bt trust and intimacy with God. When i say my faith is increasing, i mean my trust and intimacy with God is getting stronger, faith is not some sort of formular, but trust in God.
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by plaetton: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
pxjosh: faith is not all about degrees of doubt, bt trust and intimacy with God. When i say my faith is increasing, i mean my trust and intimacy with God is getting stronger, faith is not some sort of formular, but trust in God.

Well my friend, you will agree with me that the words "Trust" and "Doubt" are two opposite ends of the same line.
As one increases, the other decreases.

Faith= 1/Doubts

This would be a mathemathical formula for an inverse relationship between the two.

So, we can conclude that faith and doubts are inversely proportional .
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by pxjosh(m): 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Well my friend, you will agree with me that the words "Trust" and "Doubt" are two opposite ends of the same line.
As one increases, the other decreases.

Faith= 1/Doubts

This would be a mathemathical formula for an inverse relationship between the two.

So, we can conclude that faith and doubts are inversely proportional .
from my observation, u're analysing faith with your logic. But is much more than that. My faith is not increasing because i'm trying to reduce my 'doubt' profile, but getting to know more about God. Who he really is, what he can do, His Love etc. Its far from doubt
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by scaler345: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
@pxjosh, is it possible for you to be surer of Sun coming up tomorrow?
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by pxjosh(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Why Do Christians Backslide? by plaetton: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
pxjosh: from my observation, u're analysing faith with your logic. But is much more than that. My faith is not increasing because i'm trying to reduce my 'doubt' profile, but getting to know more about God. Who he really is, what he can do, His Love etc. Its far from doubt
Doubt by any other name is still doubt, whether you are fully conscious of it or not.
To put it in another way, more god = more faith , and less god= less faith= more doubt.
When you repeat same prayer morning, afternoon and night you are subconsciously expressing doubt about the efficacy of a single prayer session.

When you are asked to fast for so and so days to supplement your daily and special prayers, that is an expression of doubt that your normal faith, your normal routine of prayers are insufficient. And deep within those doubts lies an even bigger doubt about whether anyone is actually hearing your prayers.

I have noticed that the louder the payer, the more frequent and the longer the prayer, the bigger the doubts, and the more conflicted is the mind of the petitioner.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are There Two Different Korans In Islam?? / Jehovah's Witnesses: A Stable Christian Organization / Do Mega Church Pastors Still See Vision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.