Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Must One Worship At A Particular Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must One Worship At A Particular Church? (1248 Views)

Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground / What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? / Will A Particular Church Determine Your Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by achicares(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
To be a good christian does one need to worship at a particular church? Spiritually, what does one stands to gain worshiping at a particular church? I have noticed that when one leaves where he/she used to worship, the person is being seen as a backslider. while on the contrary, the person would have been growing stronger spiritually.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Rhemar(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
This is something christians keep getting wrong, ur denomination does nt count b4 God; all he demands is 4 u 2 live nd abide by his commands nd once u do dis regardless of ur denominatin, u r safe however, one is nt expected to kip attending a denomination where their teaching negate certain bible doctrines or even one.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Rhemar: This is something christians keep getting wrong, ur denomination does nt count b4 God; all he demands is 4 u 2 live nd abide by his commands nd once u do dis regardless of ur denominatin, u r safe however, one is nt expected to kip attending a denomination where their teaching negate certain bible doctrines or even one.

denomination matters alot. if not Jesus couldnt have spoken of identity of true xtians and he could not have giving the identity of false prophets.

the fact is that your church affects the fruit you produce. so your denomination can make or mar your salvation.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by achicares(m): 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
@jman05, cud u explain how denomination idetifies a good xtian? How about some denominations that follow doctrines that don't agree with the bible? I guest, that's why you said, denomination can make or mar ones salvation. I think agree with Rhemar that, what really matters is "living and abiding by God's commands".
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by italo: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Why dont we just do it the Jesus way?

Did Jesus give us a Church? Yes.

Did Jesus give us millions of denominations? No.

Will the gates of hell prevail against the Church Jesus gave us? No.

Is that Church still in existence? Yes.

Then why do we insist on doing it our own way instead of the Jesus way?

1 Like

Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
achi_cares: @jman05, cud u explain how denomination idetifies a good xtian? How about some denominations that follow doctrines that don't agree with the bible? I guest, that's why you said, denomination can make or mar ones salvation. I think agree with Rhemar that, what really matters is "living and abiding by God's commands".

Yes my brother, but what is God's commandment defers from one religion to another. some say put on earring, cosmetics, become gay, endorse same sex marriage, alcohol is sin, all will go to heaven etc while some disagree with one or two of this listed things. you cant be wrong and right at the same time. but many join and walk according to what their individual religions teach. So your faith make or mar you.

There is one faith, the identity is in the bible. but you must follow an organised religion, you cant just stay on your own.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Joagbaje(m): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2013
achi_cares: To be a good christian does one need to worship at a particular church? Spiritually, what does one stands to gain worshiping at a particular church? I have noticed that when one leaves where he/she used to worship, the person is being seen as a backslider. while on the contrary, the person would have been growing stronger spiritually.

Every christian must be submitted under a pastor . mobing from church to church is lack of sense of responsibility

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief:for that is unprofitable for you.

Your pastor watch over your soul . The man who is moving from church to church has no pastor. You have to be rooted somewhere and fulfil your calling and gifts.

But Nothing is wrong in moving to a new church. Especially if you are led to do so. If you feel led to move to a new church. let your pastor know about it and guve him your reason .Just in case you need GURDIANCE And when you move to a new church settle there and submit yourself .

1 Like

Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2013
italo:

Did Jesus give us millions of denominations? No.

Is that Church still in existence? Yes.

Pls explain d above...how did you get to a conclusion with the first statement?

Abt the second statement,Hope you are not assuming Peter is the First Pope?

@OP Yes you must have a church you identify with, read ephesians 4 from verses 7 to 15...you have a pastor or teacher or whatever office Christ gave his church, and he did that for a purpose (gave you a pastor) for the equipping of the saints why? For the work of the ministry! So stick to a church, a good bible teaching church. Church changing does you no good at all

1 Like

Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by anibi9674: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2013
A sheep witout a sherperd iz bound 4 destruction
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
Use your bible to find the identity of true xtians. the true religion is beside you. honestly search for it and stay there.

Note that one person does not lead a congregation. Pastor is the same person as elder. and their are no one elder leading the congregation but elders or pastors. this pastor-elder distinction is wrong.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by kimco(m): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
JMAN05:

denomination matters alot. if not Jesus couldnt have spoken of identity of true xtians and he could not have giving the identity of false prophets.

the fact is that your church affects the fruit you produce. so your denomination can make or mar your salvation.

Well i guess, no one's going to any church then.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Joagbaje(m): 2:40am On Sep 26, 2013
kimco:

Well i guess, no one's going to any church then.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is . . .

1 Like

Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 26, 2013
It all depends on what you mean by Church.

Did Jesus make divisions in the church? No, he didn't. All Christians are made of one body, one church.

So the only 'particular' church is the Church of Christ.

1 Corinthians 1
10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by Gombs(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2013
^^
And you still claim you are an atheist...keep deceiving yourself

grin

Nice write up tho
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by achicares(m): 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Well it's all interesting and good. I personally didn't like the idea of identifying myself with a church due to my past experiences. When it seems a particular church is not preaching salvation or the pastor and the members engaging gossip etc. and wants to leave on a spiritual ground, you become an enemy. Hence, i subscribed to the idea of just going to church worshiping God and keep His commands. However, by ur comments here and especially the quotes by @amanfrom mars, (i'm touched and ready to learn more) i'm now encouraged to stick and identify myself with a church. But then like @jman05 said, your church can make or mar you.
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by kimco(m): 1:28am On Sep 27, 2013
Joagbaje:

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is . . .

i was reponding to the guy who said we shud look for the true christian church. Atleast one rule isn't being followed or even there maybe some misinterpretations in there. My stands is that u shud worship at any place that brings out the best part of u, cos there really isn't a true christian church anywhere.

u might want to take ur tym next tym and take into consideration the context
Re: Must One Worship At A Particular Church? by mcfynest(m): 7:54am On Sep 27, 2013
Joagbaje:

THIS IS NOT A COMMAND, IT IS AN ADMONITION

(1) (Reply)

Does Satan Have Access To Our Minds? / | / Why Will A Loving God Say This???????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.