Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,010 members, 7,953,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? (2933 Views)

Task Force Intercepts Expired Seasoning In Ogun State (Pictured) / What Is The Best Seasoning For Cooking Generally? / Is Indomie Seasoning Really Carcinogenic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Someone once told me that girls that make use of too many seasonings like, onga, mivina, benny, kitchen glory, chasito, ajinomoto all inside one pot of soup/stew are not good cooks. That a good cook makes use of only salt and seasoning cubes(maggi). How true is this?
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by dominique(f): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
True to an extent though I can't stand the taste of an over seasoned meal.

1 Like

Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by uboma(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
An over-seasoned meal upsets my stomach and I will term such a Cook as inexperienced. A good cook should know how to use the right amount of seasoning
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by omonaijar: 12:03am On Sep 16, 2013
Baybe: Someone once told me that girls that make use of too many seasonings like, onga, mivina, benny, kitchen glory, chasito, ajinomoto all inside one pot of soup/stew are not good cooks. That a good cook makes use of only salt and seasoning cubes(maggi). How true is this?

Salt & maggi ONLY is a stretch, but yes, a good cook knows which combinations of spices work best for which dishes. A rookie thinks everything will make food sweeter shaaa. Most of the time, less is more.
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Popowaa: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kind off.In order not to use too much artificial seasoning just use plenty onion and more fresh tomatoes instead of the canned ones.Using more canned tomatoes makes the stew have this funny taste.
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
uboma: An over-seasoned meal upsets my stomach and I will term such a Cook as inexperienced. A good cook should know how to use the right amount of seasoning
omonaijar:

Salt & maggi ONLY is a stretch, but yes, a good cook knows which combinations of spices work best for which dishes. A rookie thinks everything will make food sweeter shaaa. Most of the time, less is more.

Agreed!
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
true.

Yes, you can actually use more than salt and seasoning cubes to prepare some meals, but with wisdom though.
I wonder why a lady would put 8 cubes of Maggi Star inside a derica of rice! Or use 8 Cubes of Knorr in a derica of rice, then add 5 sachets of Ajinomoto ! Or use Ajinomoto to cook beans! Or even use Ajinomoto self!
angry
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by mumumugu(m): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yes,very correct
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
AmBeautiful: true.

Yes, you can actually use more than salt and seasoning cubes to prepare some meals, but with wisdom though.
I wonder why a lady would put 8 cubes of Maggi Star inside a derica of rice! Or use 8 Cubes of Knorr in a derica of rice, then add 5 sachets of Ajinomoto ! Or use Ajinomoto to cook beans! Or even use Ajinomoto self!
angry
LMAO! @ the boldened
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
mumumugu: Yes,very correct
You too, can you cook? tongue
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Popowaa: Kind off.In order not to use too much artificial seasoning just use plenty onion and more fresh tomatoes instead of the canned ones.Using more canned tomatoes makes the stew have this funny taste.
Makes sense cool
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2013
Baybe: Someone once told me that girls that make use of too many seasonings like, onga, mivina, benny, kitchen glory, chasito, ajinomoto all inside one pot of soup/stew are not good cooks. That a good cook makes use of only salt and seasoning cubes(maggi). How true is this?
very true, and such a meal is also unhealthy because of the level of sodium. Using different spices is a better option. use one or two seasonings Max, and then use spices to give the meal a full-bodied flavour.

1 Like

Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bludeville:
very true, and such a meal is also unhealthy because of the level of sodium. Using different spices is a better option. use one or two seasonings Max, and then use spices to give the meal a full-bodied flavour.
True
Re: Using Too Many Seasoning Shows You Are A Bad Cook: How True? by chikk(f): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
@op, I don't totally agree with you or those people that say such. The number of varying spices you use to cook doesn't really matter as such(though not when you use a thousand and one different kinds o). U may use half a cube of maggi, half a cube of knorr, a pinch of 3-4 other types of seasoning/spices to cook a pot of stew and the taste will come out excellent. On the other hand, u may cook with only maggi and salt as your seasoning and you'll produce rubbish.

Its all in the QUANTITY of each kind and method of application. What kills the food isn't too many different spices but too much of a PARTICULAR kind of spice or spices.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Did This Today!! (graphic Photo) / I Just Made Full English Breakfast All For Under 500 Naira. Pic Included / Beautiful Paper Cake Dummies: An Affordable Alternative To Styrofoam Cake Dummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.