Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble (861 Views)

Short Cut Virus On My External Hard Drive / Good Nairalanders, Helpppp: / Helpppp Ma Lapi Says Unable To Detect Harddrive When I Want2format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble by Adimonyemma: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please, am in dire need of any help I can get now. I plugged my ext hdd which had been working perfectly before now into my system about 2 days ago and though the sign was there @ the notification area that an external device had been connected to the system, I did not 'see' the hdd on my 'my computer'. When I checked disk management, i saw the hdd, but I was told to initialize it first, before my system can access it. I tried to but it didn't work, saying the drive is write protected. Someone suggested clearing the write protected status by using the command ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY on the cmd prompt. I did but got the error message, diskpart failed to clear disk attributes. Please, what more can I do. I have a lot of important files on this drive. I don't know what I did to make the hdd start behaving this way. Is this what it means for a hdd to crash? Is there any remedy?
Re: HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble by bigboa: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
You could try booting into linux with a liveCD or via vmware or virtualbox. Then you can attempt to check it. You could also try chkdsk /f on command.com
Re: HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble by intoto1(m): 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
have u tried changing the drive name from disk manager?change the slot name to something like x,y or z!
Re: HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble by sameolg616(m): 12:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Ur in line wit the hard disk expert..call me on 08061679732
Re: HELPPPP!!!! My External Hard Disk Drive Is In Trouble by sameolg616(m): 12:59am On Sep 16, 2013
Adimonyemma: Please, am in dire need of any help I can get now. I plugged my ext hdd which had been working perfectly before now into my system about 2 days ago and though the sign was there @ the notification area that an external device had been connected to the system, I did not 'see' the hdd on my 'my computer'. When I checked disk management, i saw the hdd, but I was told to initialize it first, before my system can access it. I tried to but it didn't work, saying the drive is write protected. Someone suggested clearing the write protected status by using the command ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY on the cmd prompt. I did but got the error message, diskpart failed to clear disk attributes. Please, what more can I do. I have a lot of important files on this drive. I don't know what I did to make the hdd start behaving this way. Is this what it means for a hdd to crash? Is there any remedy?
Caall me on 08061679732

(1) (Reply)

Etworks News > MTN Unlimited Free Browsing Using (your Freedom) / Hp 650 Laptop For Sale / 30 Command Lines For Windows 7 And Windows 8 U Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.