Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. (10075 Views)

Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO / Segun Agbaje Wins CEO Of The Year In London / GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Gbawe: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2013
Impressive. Two years in a row now since he was the 2012 winner as well. Before him, James Mwangi of Kenya had also been a 2-year banker of the year back-to-back winner for 2010 and 2011.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/segun-agbaje-is-banker-of-the-year/

Segun Agbaje is Banker of the Year
Posted by: Collins Nweze in Money 6 hours ago

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Segun Agbaje has been announced the 2013 Banker of the Year – Africa by the World Finance Banking Awards.
In a statement, the bank said the World Finance Banker of the Year – Africa Award is conferred on outstanding bankers who have achieved the most with regards to innovation, profitability and sustainability of their organisation.
It said the award also takes into recognition an individual that has been an influential and inspirational leader, has overseen strong financial performance for his organisation and has successfully guided his institution to new heights in its industry.
According to World Finance, Segun Agbaje has won the coveted “Banker of the Year – Africa 2013”. It said the category was one of the most sought after categories in the 2013 Banking Awards, adding that someone has to win and the judging panel confirmed that Mr. Agbaje is at the vanguard of African Banking and has earned the reputation and recognition as a truly accomplished and highly respected Banker, locally and internationally.
It said his commitment to leading an efficient institution has ensured that GTBank maintains higher margins and the lowest cost to income ratio amongst its peers, despite a relatively smaller branch network when compared to its peers in the country.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by icon8: 7:08am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrats bros Segz.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Ayekotoo(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2013
wow! A young, vibrant, futuristic and innovative business mogul. He learnt alot from the co-founder, Fola Adeola.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Tolexander: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrats to the very intelligent man!
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2013
He was a bit reluctant to enter into the huge shoes left behind by Bros Fola Adeola...but we all can see that the decision to make him the head was a master stroke ....

Congrats....

3 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by homesteady(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrats! He deserves it!
But this is supposed to be in business section not politics
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by londoner: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2013
This is very good, he has done Nigeria proud.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by ProfOgogoro: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2013
This Boy was my junior back in my secondary school days.

Congrats my Boy. Don't forget to come pay homage to your Master...

cool cool
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by iterator25: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:

cool cool
he's my younger brother lipsrsealed
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by ProfOgogoro: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2013
iterator25: he's my younger brother lipsrsealed

Nice to meet you...
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Not surprising at all.

GTBank has distinguished itself in the Nigerian banking sector and Agbaje has also leveraged on a solid foundation set by the likes of Fola Adeola and Tayo Aderinokun (RIP).

I have no doubt that this is only the second of more awards to come in the future.

Congratulations.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Drsheddy(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Ehnn tel me sontin ETT
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Lilimax(f): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2013
Good to know.
Congratulation uncle Sege smiley
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Aromas: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrant Egbon mi, hope to join you soon in Lagos. Oya less go theirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2013
I want to the best in my field

God help me!!

Congrats bro!!
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2013
YES O!!!!

;

SAI GTB!! The Best Bank in Nigeria|Africa..

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by shootsight(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2013
Phemy95: Read this touching story>>>> A guy graduated with a good grade from the university. He studied Marine Science and was given a good job by an oil company. Few days to resumption of the work, he went to a swimming pool and there he drowned. May devil never waste our lives after toiling a lot and every point he is waiting to get us, he would never succeed. Type AMEN. Like this page www.facebook.com/nichenaija and type your AMEN. Try it
how does this relate †̥σ Τђε issue at hand please ?

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Ibangap(m): 9:42am On Sep 16, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:

cool cool
Lolz. And while he was busy studying nd workin hard for the future u wer busy drinking Ogogoro, now u want homage abi.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Lilaex: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2013
And How dose dis affect ASUU stryke?
Rubbish.!

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by geeez: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrats boss

I know you're all about results and its not unexpected

When Tayo won the same award, everyone in GTBank had his picture on their DPs. Now I'm looking at the DPs of my friends there and none has put it up yet

I have over 80 of them across all levels starting from BO and up on my blackberry btw

1 Like

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by vision2050: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
shoot@sight:
how does this relate †̥σ Τђε issue at hand please ?
i tot as much how his unrelevant issue relate with bank of the year.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by deltaboy10(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
This is what a Nigerian man can do but we disvalue him,if it were to be europe and usa he should stand as a finance minister or CBN governor in few years but politics would always make the system dead.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by icon8: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2013
Ayekotoo: wow! A young, vibrant, futuristic and innovative business mogul. He learnt alot from the co-founder, Fola Adeola.
Misuse of word, how is Segun a business mogul? Maybe a business executive, but definitely not a mogul!
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Clemzy16(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2013
iterator25: he's my younger brother lipsrsealed
he is my neighbour here in banana iceland.
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by ecolime(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrats to him.
BTW, why is everyone forming familiarity? Nigerians sha.. Success sure has many relatives.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by icon8: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2013
geeez: Congrats boss

I know you're all about results and its not unexpected

When Tayo won the same award, everyone in GTBank had his picture on their DPs. Now I'm looking at the DPs of my friends there and none has put it up yet

I have over 80 of them across all levels starting from BO and up on my blackberry btw
That may not be unconnected with the fact that Tayo (Uncle T) was a people's person (even in death) and Segun is only preoccupied with making money, even at the expense of those getting the work done. I'll be surprised if I see loads of people putting Segun's picture up on their DP, save for only an insignificant few (insignificant in terms of number). Tayo was a hero, Segun is just another CEO, FACT!

1 Like

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by colossus2: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Lilaex: And How dose dis affect ASUU stryke?
Rubbish.!
If you don't like the headline, don't read it!!! And certainly don't comment!!!

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by horlabiyi(m): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2013
Congrats Sir
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Davo93(m): 10:02am On Sep 16, 2013
Congratulations Sir!
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by Funjosh(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2013
Yungwizzzy: I want to the best in my field

God help me!!

Congrats bro!!

To be the best in your field atleast try and check your sentence before posting.

Uncle Segun eku ori ire o, ire na akari. Amin
Re: Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. by kennyonthrone(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2013
Osikwa noo Segun OGBANJE...nawa ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Konga Service Disrupts Due To Fuel Scarcity - See Message / Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years / I Have Workable Business Ideas To Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.