Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? (25927 Views)

Gtbank MD, Dan Orogun Dies In A Boating Accident In Liberia / Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO / Segun Agbaje Wins CEO Of The Year In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by yinkaoke(f): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2011
Could this be true about Segun Agbaje, the new GMD of GTB

The concern about the uncertain future of the bank in the hands of Agbaje led to Fola Adeola’s insistence that the late Tayo Aderinokun should not resign his position as the Managing Director, even though he had complained loudly that he was tired of the job and needed to attend to his failing health.

Obviously, the battle line seems to have been drawn between the founding Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Guatanty Trust Bank, Mr. Fola Adeola and the Acting Managing Director, Segun Agbaje over the confirmation of the latter as the substantive Managing Director after the death of former MD, Mr. Tayo Aderinokun.

Most of the bank’s employees are said to be against the emergence of Segun Agbaje as the MD due to his high-handedness and arrogant nature when he was the Deputy Managing Director (DMD). Talented and hard working individuals have been frustrated out of the bank due to his attitude and he has also sacked over 150 employees within the short period of acting as MD on April 20, 2011.

Segun’s strength lies on the edict of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) that favours his ascension to the position and his connection to the Oba of Lagos through his politician brother, Jimi Agbaje. But the former MD (Adeola) and other top directors of the bank are said to be working behind the scene to recruit a seasoned banker currently on study leave at the prestigious Harvard University as the new MD.

Naijan.com learnt most of the bank’s current employees have started looking for jobs elsewhere should in case Agbaje’s axe falls on them before he is kicked out of the bank.

Stay in touch for more updates.

Source: http://naijan.com/gtbank-md-position-war-between-segun-agbaje-and-fola-adeola/
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
Its a pity, I hope the bank scales through in one piece
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by damayor(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
unconfirmed jist/faboo = lie, stop spreading false information mr.yinka oke
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by chines4(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
I have friends in GTBank and there cool with Mr Agbaje as the new CEO
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by yinkaoke(f): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2011
@ Damayor can you pls challenge the source, I was only trying to confirm as evidence in my preamble
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by comprende: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2011
I believe this story.

I have a friend who worked with GTB. He told me about a performance review meeting which Segun chaired, Tayo was away then as usual. Segun was insulting, abusing and almost cursing anyone who didnt perform with his Americana accent. Then Tayo walked in and called him to order in the presence of everybody and told him that these people are adults and responsible people, that he shouldnt be insulting them this way. From all indications, Segun is not a good human resource manager.
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by afroil: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Seun
Seun:

If he's that bad, why was he chosen to succeed the founder?

He (Segun Agbaje) was number 3 right from onset as far as the whole of GTB is concerned even when the founding Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank, Mr. Fola Adeola was still the CEO/MD some years back.When Mr Fola Adeola resigned as CEO/MD, and Mr. Tayo Aderinokun who was then number two became MD and he (Segun Agbaje) eventually became number two,immediately Tayo died,what do u expect? if nt for him to succeed Tayo by becoming number one(i.e GTB MD)
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by Greenslim: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2011
This position is cool and great.
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by clip: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2011
I pray they are able to overcome this in a very short time.
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by basadenet: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
What concern agbero with overload. afterall Fola Adeola is s forgone issue, so what is the fuss about. agbaje will definitively be GTB MD.
Re: GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? by Seun(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
Those who abhor Segun may well be somewhat myopic and ungrateful. Here is a guy who has helped keep the bank sound, given the staff a sense of security and training likely above their peers in other banks. Its no coincidence staff turnover in GTB is probably the lowest in the industry. They probably don't acknowledge it but Uncle T must have otherwise he would have groomed a successor. He had once being seen that way too when he was in Segun's position. Those who knew him in the 90's when he was deputy to Fola say he was the harder of the two. Fola was the amiable one, the one they all loved to be.

Segun is at the helm now and maybe heads will roll or has started rolling. He learnt from two masters and I bet he learnt well. A despotic leader is not an option for GTB and I am sure he knows that. He has CBN and certainly some members of his board backing him up at least for continuity as a Vacuum helps no one. His experience and track record probably also makes him the right choice to lead the bank to next frontier. As for the staff and those who worry, its time to brace up and have a birds eye view. This is no time to be shortsighted.

http://ugodre..com/2011/09/new-gtb-md-is-he-wrong-choice-or-people.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / New Scam Format / Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.