Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! (691 Views)

Upload Pictures,locations(state),name Of The Programme, From An Events You Went / Call Us @ Glam Events Planning And Management. / Restaurant/bar For Sale ( Can Be Use 4 An Events) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! by chobiz: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2013
I am hoping to start up an events planning and decoration job. Pls, I need your sincere advices thus, 1. Financial involvement.
2. Challenges to face.
3. How to get clients.
4. Any other things required.
Thank u!
Re: Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! by tayonooni: 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
Events planning and management is not for the faint hearted
For you to be successful in the industry, u need to be passionate, consistent, goal oriented, focused & honest
To get clients, you need to do ur marketing by urself, 4 urself
Getting clients might be difficult especially if someone is a newbie. U need to be courageous and be bold cos some clients will ask you a question that might throw you off balance. As for getting materials, fabrics, and equipments etc, sir/ma, you need enough capital unless you have ur family & friends support to help you out

1 Like

Re: Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! by tayonooni: 12:17am On Sep 17, 2013
FINANCIAL INVOLVEMENT
Events planning &management is a capital intensive industry which requires a lot of investment
There re many things under events planning ie
Aso Ebi vendors
Bride & bridemaids fashion
cakes & confectionary
catering
decorations
drinks & cocktail
florals
gifts & sourvenirs (branding &packaging)
groom & groomsmen fashion
music entertainment
photography
pre wedding events
rentals
rings & accessories
venue arrangement
videography
wedding & event planner
wedding stationary etc
As you can see, its now left 4 you to choose any that you can perfectly handle. Though, its good if you have an idea abt some of it, it will be to ur own advantage
CHALLENGES
* ur office location
* ur staff
* ur attitude
* ur mindset
* lack of enuf materials, fabrics, equipmnt etc
* MONEY MONEY MONEY
HOW TO GET CLIENTS
* handbills
* biz card
* refferals
* word of mouth
* social media; FB, Twitter, etc
* church
Ur handbills must be catchy, attractive, no dull colour
Move closer to the ladies
Re: Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! by chobiz: 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tayo, tank u so much bro.. nice piece... am so grateful.
Re: Advice! I Want To Start An Events Planning Work! by Rocktation(f): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Tayo, thanks really.

(1) (Reply)

Happy 4TH Of July To All Americans / Are You Getting Married Soon Or Do U Know Anybody Who Is? / Event Management Training And Vendors Exhibition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.