Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3488031 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Anthonyo15:
Update: Science Practical for 2023_2

The Science practical will be coming up from 3rd to 31st October, 2023.
Requirements:
1.Registration to the courses
2. Lab-coat.
3. Time to participate

The practical makes up the 30% of your assessments. It stands to replace the tma on the affected courses.

Is not what you will sweep under the carpet.

Is compulsory to attend.

Thank you.
Where is the venue for those in the South West, Lagos specifically?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
Can you share the link sir?

Enskynelson:

This question can easily be confirmed by the student. It's just to check the registrable courses for the semester and check the status of the course. E = Elective, C = Core (Compulsory).
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:48am On Sep 25, 2023
livinsoul:
Can you share the link sir?

What link?
If you are a student, what I said is quite clear to understand.
Login to your student portal nouonline.net
Click Registrations
And click 2023/2 Course registration
Select 100L second semester and proceed
If the CIT104 is there and marked as "C", then it is a core course. If it is E, it is an elective. If it's not there, then it is not part of his/her courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 10:00am On Sep 25, 2023
Thank you sir.
Sorry for bothering you.

Enskynelson:

What link?
If you are a student, what I said is quite clear to understand.
Login to your student portal nouonline.net
Click Registrations
And click 2023/2 Course registration
Select 100L second semester and proceed
If the CIT104 is there and marked as "C", then it is a core course. If it is E, it is an elective. If it's not there, then it is not part of his/her courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lameda95(m): 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
Good Afternoon everyone, Few days ago I tried to register for a masters course in information technology, after filling in my details I was redirected to make payment on the Remita page. However I could not make the payment for some personal reasons.

I tried to make the payment now and I can't seem to access the Remita page again.

All efforts to re-input my details on the registration portal and redirect me to Remita has failed, as I get stuck on a page with a url (This is almost indicating that i have a profile already), however I still have the unique ID sent via email.

How do I proceed please? I have sent an email to noumis@noun.edu.ng but they haven't responded. i will appreciate any advise please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
lameda95:
Good Afternoon everyone, Few days ago I tried to register for a masters course in information technology, after filling in my details I was redirected to make payment on the Remita page. However I could not make the payment for some personal reasons.

I tried to make the payment now and I can't seem to access the Remita page again.

All efforts to re-input my details on the registration portal and redirect me to Remita has failed, as I get stuck on a page with a url (This is almost indicating that i have a profile already), however I still have the unique ID sent via email.

How do I proceed please? I have sent an email to noumis@noun.edu.ng but they haven't responded. i will appreciate any advise please
You were supposed to copy down the Remita number for easy continuity. Do you have that?
If you don't, you may have to begin the process all over but this time, when you are to proceed to make payment, make sure you screenshot the Remita number. If however you have the Remita number, let me know and I will tell you how to go about it on Remita.net
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Enskynelson:

Where is the venue for those in the South West, Lagos specifically?
LAGOS STUDY CENTRE, VI.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hojuholape: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2023
Good morning... How many times of attendance is required for each student?

Just once or for all days the practicals are open?

Thank you sir.
Samisha500:
LAGOS STUDY CENTRE, VI.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2023
Getting Ready for Your Exam:

Before your exam, you'll need to go through a process called "Exam Clearance." This is a verification step to make sure you're eligible to take the exam. It's not just a slip of paper.

👉 Here's what you should do:

1. Visit your study centre.

2. Bring these documents with you:
✅ Your passport

✅ A receipt for your payment (called "Remita payment slip"wink

✅ E-wallet Slip

✅ Your Exam printout

✅ A paper called Exam Clearance Slip (you can get it from your study centre

✅ Exam Oath form (to be obtained at the study centre)

✅ ID CARD

Keep in mind, the specific requirements might be a little different at your study centre. Just make sure you complete the Exam Clearance process before the exam day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
UPDATE ON THE APPROVED TRAINING NEWSPAPER AND MAGAZINE FOR MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
How to Identify Practical Courses on Your Exam Slip

Check your exam slip. Under the 'Fee' column, you'll find the exam fee. If you see any course with #6500, be aware that it's a practical course.

Get ready to attend the practical session at the designated area.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2023
COMMENCEMENT OF FACULTY OF SCIENCES 2023_2 PRACTICALS

Please be informed that the 2023_2 Faculty of Sciences hands-on Students Practicals that was to commence on 25th September 2023 has been shifted to
3rd October 2023.
This implies that the hands-on Student practicals will start effective from 3rd October 2023 to 31st October 2023 in all the following designated Study
Centres;
North East: Bauchi and Yola
North West: Kano and Sokoto
North Central: Abuja and Makurdi
South East: Owerri and Enugu
South-South: Benin and Uyo
South West: Abeokuta, Lagos and Osogbo
The courses available for the hands-on practicals are attached in the Practical Time Table.
The Faculty of Sciences will appreciate the provision of audiovisual devices in addition to other support by Directors of the designated practical Study
Centers.
Furthermore, students will be provided with practical manuals at no cost (Practical manuals are not to be sold to students).
Lastly, students are to wear their laboratory coats compulsorily while in the laboratory.
Thank you.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by GideonG(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
Please do anyone knows what I am expected to pay upon first day of registration as newly admitted MSc in Artificial intelligence ACETEL NOUN?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing.

Does this means that a student from Ibadan Study Centre is free to attend the practical sessions in any of Lagos, Abeokuta and Osogbo study centres?

Anthonyo15:
COMMENCEMENT OF FACULTY OF SCIENCES 2023_2 PRACTICALS

Please be informed that the 2023_2 Faculty of Sciences hands-on Students Practicals that was to commence on 25th September 2023 has been shifted to
3rd October 2023.
This implies that the hands-on Student practicals will start effective from 3rd October 2023 to 31st October 2023 in all the following designated Study
Centres;
North East: Bauchi and Yola
North West: Kano and Sokoto
North Central: Abuja and Makurdi
South East: Owerri and Enugu
South-South: Benin and Uyo
South West: Abeokuta, Lagos and Osogbo
The courses available for the hands-on practicals are attached in the Practical Time Table.
The Faculty of Sciences will appreciate the provision of audiovisual devices in addition to other support by Directors of the designated practical Study
Centers.
Furthermore, students will be provided with practical manuals at no cost (Practical manuals are not to be sold to students).
Lastly, students are to wear their laboratory coats compulsorily while in the laboratory.
Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
livinsoul:
Thanks for sharing.

Does this means that a student from Ibadan Study Centre is free to attend the practical sessions in any of Lagos, Abeokuta and Osogbo study centres?

The National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Faculty of Science Practical Schedule For 2023_2 Semester

The Departments of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science Management (ESM), Mathematics & Computer Science wishes to notify all students who registered for Practical’s this semester that there will be Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ESM, Mathematics and Computer Science practical in the practical zones this semester.

The scheduled date for the practical exercise is 3rd of October to 31st of October 2023.

Please take note of the following.

The practical scores will be used for students final assessment instead of the TMA scores (attendance is compulsory).

All students are expected to attend the practical exercise in a white long sleeve lab coat in three quarter length.

All study centres around the country fall in each of these practical centres. Students are also allowed to conduct this practical exercise in any practical centre which is most convenient (nearest to them).

Students in all the Faculties who are registered for the listed courses should attend the practical classes as appropriate.

The practical sessions will be strict as scheduled. Students who come at other times will not be allowed to take classes

A standard student practical book is required from each student to record observations and reports.

Each student should ensure that he/she comes with a white long sleeve laboratory coat, three-quarter length

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BigotMan(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2023
Good Morning NOUN Nairalanders.

Please, I have done registration 2 years ago, and I was given a UNIQUE ID, RRR number, and Matriculation Number. Though I haven't paid the required tuition fee nor registered any course as at then.

Now I have the money to pay the fees and register courses.

My issue:
1. Is it still possible to carry on from where I stopped with the matriculation number?

2. Do I have to start the whole process again from the very begining (buying registration form and generating RRR code)?

3. Is it too late as a prospective student?

4. When is the new academic session and deadline?

NOTE: I was also given Admission Letter 2 years ago when I started the process.

Thanks.

PS. Please are there any WhatsApp Group for NOUN Students that I can join? (I stay in Abuja)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:44am On Sep 27, 2023
BigotMan:
Good Morning NOUN Nairalanders.

Please, I have done registration 2 years ago, and I was given a UNIQUE ID, RRR number, and Matriculation Number. Though I haven't paid the required tuition fee nor registered any course as at then.

Now I have the money to pay the fees and register courses.

My issue:
1. Is it still possible to carry on from where I stopped with the matriculation number?

2. Do I have to start the whole process again from the very begining (buying registration form and generating RRR code)?

3. Is it too late as a prospective student?

4. When is the new academic session and deadline?

NOTE: I was also given Admission Letter 2 years ago when I started the process.

Thanks.
1. Yes
2. No
3/4. Exams start by 17th October for PG students. See if you can meet up.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BigotMan(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2023
Enskynelson:

1. Yes
2. No
3/4. Exams start by 17th October for PG students. See if you can meet up.

Thank you very much Sir for your reply. Noted!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lewismartins69: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2023
Anthonyo15:
How to Identify Practical Courses on Your Exam Slip

Check your exam slip. Under the 'Fee' column, you'll find the exam fee. If you see any course with #6500, be aware that it's a practical course.

Get ready to attend the practical session at the designated area.

Thank you.

Are we to pay #6500 to register for all the practical or 6500 each ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2023
Lewismartins69:

Are we to pay #6500 to register for all the practical or 6500 each ?
Exams registration per practical course is 6500 and not for all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lewismartins69: 9:26am On Sep 27, 2023
Anthonyo15:
Update: Science Practical for 2023_2

The Science practical will be coming up from 3rd to 31st October, 2023.
Requirements:
1.Registration to the courses
2. Lab-coat.
3. Time to participate

The practical makes up the 30% of your assessments. It stands to replace the tma on the affected courses.

Is not what you will sweep under the carpet.

Is compulsory to attend.

Thank you.

What's the cost to register the practical and it's exam
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lewismartins69: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2023
Enskynelson:

Exams registration per practical course is 6500 and not for all.
So If I have 3 courses i am going to do practical for I will have to pay 6500 each plus 1500 each for exam ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
Lewismartins69:

So If I have 3 courses i am going to do practical for I will have to pay 6500 each plus 1500 each for exam ?
Yes. Note that this is the course and exams registration fees on your portal and no other fees for the practicals aside these.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
Enskynelson, please i recently submitted my project MSc InfoTech(hardcopy,softcopy and software) to my centre after undergoing plagarism check and certified okay.
Please, when should i be expecting my defence?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
Enskynelson, please i recently submitted my project MSc InfoTech(hardcopy,softcopy and software) to my centre after undergoing plagarism check and certified okay.
Please, when should i be expecting my defence?
The next project defense will most likely be in December.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
Enskynelson:

The next project defense will most likely be in December.
Alright, thank you sir.
Also, i am currently writing my seminar.
Is it true that it is managed by the centre?
Also, what is the minimum no. of pages required in seminar?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
Alright, thank you sir.
Also, i am currently writing my seminar.
Is it true that it is managed by the centre?
Also, what is the minimum no. of pages required in seminar?
Yea, it is. Like, the date for presentation is all done by the Study Centre
Well, no much guideline for seminar. I have seen seminar of 20 pages.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2023
SOUTH-SOUTH - GST302 TIMETABLE FOR SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2023_2 BUSINESS PLAN PRESENTATION

This is to inform all South South Zone students offering Business Creation and Growth (GST302) that upload and presentation of business plans for 2023_2 will commence on 18th of September, 2023 and end on 24th October, 2023.

Students are mandated to attach a recent coloured passport-sized photograph on the front page of their business plans while uploading, otherwise they will not be allowed to present their business plans. More so, students should write their Business Plans on PowerPoint/Slides and adhere strictly to the approved format. Otherwise, marks will be deducted from their work during presentation/grading.

Accordingly, Students should adhere strictly to the scheduled time table (see below) for presentation of Business Plans. For further guidance, students are directed to meet GST302 Desk Officers at their respective Study Centres.

S/N Study Centre Date Time
1 Uromi Monday 25th to Tuesday 26th September, 2023 10:00am Daily
2 Benin Wednesday 27th to Friday 29th September, 2023 10:00am Daily
3 Fugar Monday 2nd October, 2023 10:00am
4 Port Haccourt Tuesday 3rd to Thursday 5th October, 2023 10:00am Daily
5 Port Haccourt Prisons/Patani Friday 6th October, 2023 10:00am
6 Asaba Monday 9th to Wednesday 11th October, 2023 10:00am Daily
7 Owhorode/Sapele Thursday 12th to Friday 13th October, 2023 10:00am
Daily
8 Emevor/Onicha-Ugbo Monday 16th to Tuesday 17th October, 2023 10:00am Daily
9 Yenogoa Wednesday 18th to Thursday19th October, 2023 10:00am
10 Calabar Friday 20th to Monday 23rd October, 2023 10:00am Daily
11 Ikom Monday 23rd to Tuesday 24th October, 2023 10:00am
12 Uyo Wednesday 25th to Thursday 26th October, 2023 10:00am Daily

You can join the live presentation through your course page or click the links below to participate, and it is only for students from the South South Zone:

Link 1:

https://noun.zoom.us/j/95546803826?pwd=VnExczlKNUl0Uzl3RndaUmxWeHJ6UT09
Passcode: 564708

Link 2:

https://noun.zoom.us/j/95677145539?pwd=STBjam9pajJwZC9SRGIwKzQ3blJ1UT09
Passcode: 495817

Link 3:

https://noun.zoom.us/j/2778759445

Please Note: Students from Uyo Study Centre should come to the South South Incubation Centre, Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo for face-to-face presentation of their Business Plans.

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2023
NOTICE TO FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Lagos Study Centre, Vi

Please be informed of the following:

(1) Micro Teaching presentation has been scheduled to hold on Tuesday, 10th October, 2023 at 9am

(2) Undergraduate Seminar presentation/defence will be held on Tuesday 10th October, 2023 at 9am

PG STUDENTS SHOULD ALSO NOTE:

(3) Masters Seminar presentation/defence will be held on Wednesday 11th October, 2023 at 9am

Mgt
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 2:18am On Sep 28, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yea, it is. Like, the date for presentation is all done by the Study Centre
Well, no much guideline for seminar. I have seen seminar of 20 pages.
alright sir, i appreciate.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nounpastquestio: 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
qawa:
Your Last Bus-Stop for all National Open University, NOUN Enquires/Solutions

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'.....
...more than 7 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home

IMPORTANT PAGES:
(I). Step by Step on NOUN Portal Registration (Returning Students).........
CLICK HERE...

(II). CURRENT NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses/Programmes in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester 2023_2
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester....
CLICK HERE

(III). NOUN Admission Requirements/Subjects Combinations
CLICK HERE....

(IV). Basic Facts You Need to Know About National Open University, NOUN and TMA
CLICK HERE

GET HELP ON:
▶️ 2023_2 Admission Assistance/Enquiry
▶️ 2023_2 TMA Solutions (30/30 and the least is 29/30) GUARANTEED
▶️ NOUN Past Questions (2018-2023) for each semester exams
▶️ Portal Related Issue
▶️ Write-up on: Project, Seminar, Business Plan, Siwes, Plagiarism etc

For other related updates, VISIT
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Askedi(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
Please who can help me submit the transfer of study center form in Lagos to enable me to write my exam at my present location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.