Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,883 members, 7,848,571 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3515398 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bibitayo2: 3:44am On May 20
Please, does anyone know why NOUN has not distributed certificates to the last graduated set?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:46am On May 20
Good morning everyone. So I studied Agriculture for my Bachelor's Degree, but I`m planning to apply to some schools abroad for Master in User Experience Design since I`ve been working as a UI/UX Designer for almost 3yrs now.
Someone advised me to do the PGD in Information Technology first to boost my chances because I also have a very low CGPA.

Has anyone been in these shoes and what worked for them? And also, how acceptable are NOUN degrees when applying to schools abroad. Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Journeyman01: 9:35am On May 20
You can begin to make applications to study abroad on your budget and at your pace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honey001(m): 4:42pm On May 20
@Enskynelson, please what is the fate of someone that missed an exam, she came a little bit late and was not allowed to write the exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:13pm On May 20
honey001:
@Enskynelson, please what is the fate of someone that missed an exam, she came a little bit late and was not allowed to write the exam.
There won't be result for the course. It will be marked NE (No Exams).
The person will be required to register the exam another semester, take the TMA and sit for the exams.
It's not a carry-over ie. the person won't be scored an F.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honey001(m): 6:17pm On May 20
Enskynelson:

There won't be result for the course. It will be marked NE (No Exams).
The person will be required to register the exam another semester, take the TMA and sit for the exams.
It's not a carry-over ie. the person won't be scored an F.

Okay. Thank you sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 7:12pm On May 20
Pls @Enskynelson, when should we be expecting our certificates?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ThinkSmarter: 7:17pm On May 20
Emeraldfynest:
Good morning everyone. So I studied Agriculture for my Bachelor's Degree, but I`m planning to apply to some schools abroad for Master in User Experience Design since I`ve been working as a UI/UX Designer for almost 3yrs now.
Someone advised me to do the PGD in Information Technology first to boost my chances because I also have a very low CGPA.

Has anyone been in these shoes and what worked for them? And also, how acceptable are NOUN degrees when applying to schools abroad. Thanks.
NOUN follows NUC admission guidelines.
Don`t think an Agricultural science graduate can be offered admission in PGD iT in the 1st place.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BloodyDoe(f): 8:18pm On May 20
@Enskynelson

Please is the form is on? Can I still purchase the form?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:29pm On May 20
Okay
ThinkSmarter:
NOUN follows NUC admission guidelines.
Don`t think an Agricultural science graduate can be offered admission in PGD iT in the 1st place.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:58pm On May 20
ThinkSmarter:
Pls @Enskynelson, when should we be expecting our certificates?
No date in particular for now.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:59pm On May 20
BloodyDoe:
@Enskynelson

Please is the form is on? Can I still purchase the form?
Yea... But preferably, wait till after the exams June/July
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by BloodyDoe(f): 11:00pm On May 20
Enskynelson:

Yea... But preferably, wait till after the exams June/July
Thank you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 6:18am On May 21
Please how long does it takes to recieve student and admission transcript from NOUN after I had done everything online?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:40am On May 21
Mikeshine:
Please how long does it takes to recieve student and admission transcript from NOUN after I had done everything online?
No fixed time. Some were treated in less than 2 weeks and others were much more, even more than 4 weeks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 9:28am On May 21
Good morning @ Enskynelson, please I did affidavit for modification of names. I have one of my names removed (not my surname), to tally with other of my credentials. Please how do I go about it to get NOUN informed so that my certificate will come with the modified name?

Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 11:22am On May 21
Get all your study materials in one place

-NOUN Course materials are available for FREE
on Q and A App.

-Get Your NOUN E-exams Past Questions and Answers for ALL departments on Q and A App

-Get Your NOUN POP exams Past Questions on Q and A App.

-CIT Past Questions and Answers for ALL Levels are available on Q and A App.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:58pm On May 21
mistiking:
Good morning @ Enskynelson, please I did affidavit for modification of names. I have one of my names removed (not my surname), to tally with other of my credentials. Please how do I go about it to get NOUN informed so that my certificate will come with the modified name?

Thanks for your anticipated response
Have you graduated? If you have, you have to as a matter of urgency take this up. When did you graduate, if you have graduated? Let me know if you have graduated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 1:30pm On May 21
Enskynelson:

Have you graduated? If you have, you have to as a matter of urgency take this up. When did you graduate, if you have graduated? Let me know if you have graduated.
I have not graduated sir, I am still in my first semester ever.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:13pm On May 21
mistiking:
I have not graduated sir, I am still in my first semester ever.
That's fine
Go to support.nou.edu.ng
Send a ticket to academic registry
Subject should be change of name
Write the letter of request in the space
Attach the affidavit, if you NIN and certificate have the 3 names, scan and attach as well.
Send and wait for their response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 4:59pm On May 21
Enskynelson:

That's fine
Go to support.nou.edu.ng
Send a ticket to academic registry
Subject should be change of name
Write the letter of request in the space
Attach the affidavit, if you NIN and certificate have the 3 names, scan and attach as well.
Send and wait for their response.
Thanks very much sir,
Kindly clarify me on this sir;
You mean the NIN that bears my former names or the one that I modified?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 5:01pm On May 21
mistiking:
Thanks very much sir,
Kindly clarify me on this sir;
You mean the NIN that bears my former names or the one that I modified?
Any document you attaching should be what carries the name the way you want it to be on your portal and in your certificate.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 11:22am On May 29
Good morning Enskynelson,
Kindly clarify me on this; I sent a ticket, the status was initially showing 'open' . After some days, the status turned to 'close'. Does that mean it has been treated? Because I didn't see any confirmation from my email
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 12:21pm On May 29
mistiking:
Good morning Enskynelson,
Kindly clarify me on this; I sent a ticket, the status was initially showing 'open' . After some days, the status turned to 'close'. Does that mean it has been treated? Because I didn't see any confirmation from my email
It depends on what the complaint is about. If it is what you can confirm if it's treated or not, check and confirm.
Most of the times, it is complaints that seems not straightforward that such happens.
If you are sure you are complaining about the right thing and it has not been treated, kindly send a follow-up message asking if the ticket has been treated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 1:40pm On May 29
Enskynelson:

It depends on what the complaint is about. If it is what you can confirm if it's treated or not, check and confirm.
Most of the times, it is complaints that seems not straightforward that such happens.
If you are sure you are complaining about the right thing and it has not been treated, kindly send a follow-up message asking if the ticket has been treated.
It's alright sir, thanks very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bibitayo2: 2:10am On May 30
Good morning.

Please, did you eventually apply for the notification of result? How did NOUN send it to you and did WES accept it?

I am sorry for bombarding you with questions. I am just in this exact situation and NOUN is refusing to give us our certificate.

Thank you.
pyrated:
Compliments of the season...

Please, i want to know at what point I can apply for transcript. I have seen my name on the graduation list but I cannot wait till March/April 2024 for the next convocation.

What steps do I take to apply for statement of result, is it through my study centre or I can do it myself online?

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 10:24am On May 30
Bibitayo2:
Good morning.

Please, did you eventually apply for the notification of result? How did NOUN send it to you and did WES accept it?

I am sorry for bombarding you with questions. I am just in this exact situation and NOUN is refusing to give us our certificate.

Thank you.
what's your offence for the refusal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:30am On May 30
Bibitayo2:
Good morning.

Thank you.
I don't think WES will reject statement of result. If you apply for your SOR, NOUN will send it to your email. In many schools in Nigeria, you don't get your certificate immediately after graduation. Some take as much as 3 years.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by petrusevents(m): 10:45am On May 30
Enskynelson:

I don't think WES will reject statement of result. If you apply for your SOR, NOUN will send it to your email. In many schools in Nigeria, you don't get your certificate immediately after graduation. Some take as much as 3 years.

how can i request for it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bibitayo2: 11:34am On May 30
No offense oh. Just that I thought we would get our certificate immediately after the convocation.
Blessedarethepe:

what's your offense for the refusal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bibitayo2: 11:51am On May 30
Thank you.
Enskynelson:

I don't think WES will reject the statement of result. If you apply for your SOR, NOUN will send it to your email. In many schools in Nigeria, you don't get your certificate immediately after graduation. Some take as much as 3 years.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:56am On May 30
petrusevents:

how can i request for it.
To request for SOR costs 5,000. Go to transcript.nou.edu.ng. Create account and apply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.