Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3491755 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
kekakuz: Comon sense is not common aferall 3unit courses are 150 questions nd 2 unit couses are 120 questions.

Not all 3 units courses are 150 questions o. In fact I came across it only once, others are 120 questions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by deesquarediddy(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
my problem with this NOUN programme is actually the recognition and acceptance of the certificate after graduation. I strongly believe in the school as the most effective and flexible way of learning as obtainable in advance world but we know what is obtainable in Nigeria as regards discrimination of one certificate from the other...are you sure employers will not discriminate this NOUN certificate as against the conventional Universities....I want reasonable answers please, am not condemning the School.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
deesquare-diddy:
my problem with this NOUN programme is actually the recognition and acceptance of the certificate after graduation. I strongly believe in the school as the most effective and flexible way of learning as obtainable in advance world but we know what is obtainable in Nigeria as regards discrimination of one certificate from the other...are you sure employers will not discriminate this NOUN certificate as against the conventional Universities....I want reasonable answers please, am not condemning the School.

Well, the thing is that NOUN is mainly for those working.With the certificate and lots of work experience, you are cool. However, try to throw away this idea of someone must employ me. It's too shameful and more when people who did not go to the educational extent we are going, are the employers of labor.

I will soon use mine to go to an advanced country for Masters, PhD and work.Think about that!

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2013
siddiq202: @fedimako Communication Technology

Good.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by comptuerscience(f): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2013
hello guys......
when would the next semester begin?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
comptuerscience: hello guys......
when would the next semester begin?
we are in the third week of a semester.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nikkie29: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
After going 2ru nou website, I came 2 realise dat Bsc Nursing is d course I would love 2 go for but unfortunately I was told I cannot start d program 4rm 100L dat it is for registered nurses only........
I then decided 2 go 4 Bsc Community health bcs I av paid 4 d form already but I need advice on this course bcs I dnt really knw much abt it
Where can I work wit dat cert?
Pls advice is needed b4 filling d form
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
@nikki29, God has directed you for a purpose so go ahead and fill the form and you pray for the success. where to use the certificate is best known to God. comm health is a well known job in the world. the work is to formulate rules that has to do with munecipal clearing/cleaning, regulate usage of sewage and other related functions. they are usually called wolewole in yoruba language
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nikkie29: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
Any Comm health dept student in here?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yemminz: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2013
Hi Guys, pls i need advise on the step to take after i have paid and registered online,
pls guys what do i do next.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nikkie29: 10:39am On Mar 27, 2013
Is there any comm health student dat started 4rm 100L here? Wat are d registrable courses for 100L first semester? Couldn't get it on their website as dey started 4rm 200L
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nikkie29: 11:32am On Mar 27, 2013
@Takoro.....can I register 4 comm health 4rm 100L or d course is jxt 4 direct entry canditate only
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Vevyarn: 12:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pls house, wot is d diff btw elective and core courses. I'm hopin dis semester wont take too long.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Josh121(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
Please when will their form be out , I am interested and am in Lagos
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
a friend of mine got d form 2wks ago and whn trying to log in, we were replied by 'invalid parameters' we did again nd again days latr nd up to no avail. So we decided to tak d form bk to zenith bnk back. On getting there.... Thy said there?s nothing they cud do abt it.
Pls any kindid advice shall be appreciated
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
a friend of mine got d form 2wks ago and whn trying to log in, we were replied by 'invalid parameters' we did again nd again days latr nd up to no avail. So we decided to tak d form bk to zenith bnk back. On getting there.... Thy said there?s nothing they cud do abt it.
Pls any kindid advice shall be appreciated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
yemminz: Hi Guys, pls i need advise on the step to take after i have paid and registered online,
pls guys what do i do next.
print your admission letter, go to your study centre with all credentials and the letter. there you will be issued with screening code. use the code to assess your matric number. go and pay for course registrarton at bank and countinue with your registration.....later!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
willox: a friend of mine got d form 2wks ago and whn trying to log in, we were replied by 'invalid parameters' we did again nd again days latr nd up to no avail. So we decided to tak d form bk to zenith bnk back. On getting there.... Thy said there?s nothing they cud do abt it.
Pls any kindid advice shall be appreciated.
take it to the intending study centre they has a way of doing that. or you go back to the bank and you go and meet bank manager.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nikkie29: @Takoro.....can I register 4 comm health 4rm 100L or d course is jxt 4 direct entry canditate only
plis go to the nearest study centre for clear explanations. plis dont be confused.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
Vevyarn: Pls house, wot is d diff btw elective and core courses. I'm hopin dis semester wont take too long.
core course is the course that you must ,by mighty, do while the electives are those that you only need to choose from to complement your units. you can forgo some elective but you have to do all cores. tke care!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Josh121: Please when will their form be out , I am interested and am in Lagos
the form is always on sales and is readily available now. go to zenit bank and obtain it. visit www.noun.edu.ng and www.nou.edu.ng for beter understanding. good luck!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by victor5148(m): 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
I had the same problem,tell him to be very fast wen typing,,cus there is a limited time in filling the form.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 5:33am On Mar 28, 2013
victor5148: I had the same problem,tell him to be very fast wen typing,,cus there is a limited time in filling the form.
If u are able to provide the following information after payment of specified amount of money in the bank, filling the form online will not be a problem.
Every minute, my phone continue to ring and i discovered that most of the questions are centre on how to get form and fill the form online or what to do next, now after payment of specified amount of money for form in the bank e.g Zenith bank, 5000 for undergraduate and 7500 for postgraduate, a print out will be issued in which a number known as Your PIN will appear, it is this Pin u will use to fill the form online, it is very easy.For immediate assistance , do not hesitate to call me on 070369302 or text those information to me, i will process the admission and u do the print out in any location, but make sure all results and other information supply are authentic because u will still face screening in your study centre after the admission.
NAME IN FULL ----------
PHONE N0---------------
PIN N0 FROM PRINT OUT IN BANK-------------
MAIDEN NAME FOR FEMALE -------
DATE OF BIRTH--------------
SINGLE OR MARRIED -------------
COURSE INTENDED FOR STUDY-----------
STUDY CENTRE NEAREST TO YOU---------
E MAIL IF AVAILABLE------------
STATE -----------
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA -----------
TOWN -----------------
RESIDENCE ADDRESS --------------
STATE, LGA, TOWN.
CONTACT ADDRESS ---------------
STATE, LGA, TOWN.
NAME OF NEXT OF KILN --------------
ADDRESS OF NEXT OF KILN -------------
PHONE N0 OF NEXT OF KILN -----------
O LEVEL RESULT WITH GRADE --------
DATE OF EXAM ----------E.G JUNE 2000
EXAM N0 ---------------------
TYPE OF EXAM ------------ E.G WAEC, NECO OR NABTEB.
NAME OF SCHOOL WHERE THE EXAM TOOK PLACE
SAME APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE, ALL RESULTS SHOULD CONTAIN, EXAM N0, NAME OF SCHOOL, GRADE,DATE OF EXAM.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2013
Takoro13:
core course is the course that you must ,by mighty, do while the electives are those that you only need to choose from to complement your units. you can forgo some elective but you have to do all cores. tke care!

U must not do all the cores too.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 28, 2013
willox: a friend of mine got d form 2wks ago and whn trying to log in, we were replied by 'invalid parameters' we did again nd again days latr nd up to no avail. So we decided to tak d form bk to zenith bnk back. On getting there.... Thy said there?s nothing they cud do abt it.
Pls any kindid advice shall be appreciated

Go to ur study center...I hope u typed in the U as the last character on the PIN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by macmos(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2013
Good morning in here. This is Macmos from Noun Ibadan study centre. According to the information reaching me the centre resumes back to her normal activities on 2nd April 2013. For more information about Noun and ibadan study centre activities you can contact me on 08181583039 (whatsapp and 2g0) my BB pin is available on request.
Regards.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Comrade381(m): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
pls i want to know weither i will be admitted into 200 or 300 level CRIMINOLOGY and SECURITY wt HND BUSS ADM & MGT
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
macmos ... whats ur pin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
ferdimako:

U must not do all the cores too.
you are right but that is when you have passed the required units for graduation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wajcom(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pls, i need info about the B. A English registrable course. I mean the lists of registrable course. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Takoro13:
you are right but that is when you have passed the required units for graduation

Yeah, I did all my cores which total to 130 but CIT445 was so difficult that we walked out on it instead of having failures and coming back to redo.Remember last semester was our very last, so 6 of us were asked if 120 units have been achieved, we said yes and they collected back the question papers and answer sheets, and we later dropped that course and got N3,500 back into our e-wallets. The handler of that course and CIT342 is a jerk.He handled both and he was in denial last semester. For the CIT342, we managed to turn in the answer scripts hoping to make a D.Both were terrible cores!

Again I did some 7 electives that have 16 units, am graduating with 146 units and approved TCE for graduation is 120. I did not mind the latter. I heard our results will come in mid April.I hope that happens because am waiting on it to prepare my unofficial transcript.

Pls has anyone seen NOUN's transcript format? My Ms schools are waiting for those.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: pstgoddie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.