Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank (17165 Views)

Ojukwu’s Niece, 4 Others Arrested For Drug Trafficking (Photo) / Kidnapper Arrested In Owerri After Withdrawing Ransom From Bank / Drama In Ilorin As Suspected Robber Falls From Bank’s Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by nerodenero: 10:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Ina2k: MEANINGLESS
Well said!!!
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by ITbomb(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2013
Something dem for dey take small small like 3 - 5 million per week, dem do gey open accounts with hundreds of millions and transfer 2bn.
Make dem tried dem first for greediness before dem visit the fraud charges

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2013
Tolexander: Let's forget this ASUU whatever!
this incidence was reported in january. Was there ASUU strike in january?

To be sincere, many of these guys carry out their act in school(when there isn't ASUU strike) where they have the utmost freedom to do anything which can not be done at home cos they have disciplinarians as parents who give a thorough restriction to their movement and acts.

Go to LAUTECH and other schools notorious for internet scamming and see them with laptops and the instruments used. Most of them don't always like going home or drive the cars bought home during the break cos they know the kind of home they are going where nonsense is forbidden.

Was Cyndi, the lautech guy arrested by efcc for defrauding the foreigners N1billion($6.9million), perpetrated the act and arrested during the strike?

Guy,calm down now. U dont have to mention names here. U sef be thief; only be say u no see the person wey u go steal from & for U to know Cyndi, u must be a gee boi too

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by sweetestguy(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2013
I expect to hear more news on issues like this, shey FG and ASUU no wan call off strike, na wen students don turn robbers and crimemongers, naim dem de wait shebi,
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by DisGuy: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Other items recovered are furniture worth N10m from Salihu Liman’s one bedroom apartment in Yaba, Lagos
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by bibinwaka: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2013
if dis guys had cm 2 dis same bank 2 apply 4job wit dis dia talent, dey wud hav told dem dat u dnt no person 4 here so no employmnt. abeg make dem go sidon. mtcheeew!

am nt sayin wat dey did was gud as der is no excuse 4 theft.
just reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2013
alpha conde:

@op how can you post a thread that you havent read.
how do u start blaming ASUU if you actually read the post.
well you are showing us how fast the education sector is failing.

I read the post and understood it very well.(even though I am not perfect) . But these days any negative thing I see relating to undergraduates, I blame it on ASUU just to air my annoyance on their strike.
And "mr perfect" I think the failing education sector you're talking about produced people like you too. My friend please go back to your post and include question marks on the questions you asked me. Wait o! where did you school and who was your English teacher
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Updatenewsarena(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2013
Don't blame them ooo, it is because there is no job and at the same time, they failed to use their ICT knowledge.

SEE BELOW LINK on my SIGNATURE for the SPECIAL OFFER i have for you.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by 45AY(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2013
Na al dose oil bank accounts of d east dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ need to break into not innocent pipos accounts....God bless Nigeria.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by 45AY(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2013
Na al dose oil bank accounts dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ need to break into not innocent pipos accounts....God bless Nigeria.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Hamazz1: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2013
changes1:

So should we forget it and fold our arms while undergraduates commit crimes

Of a truth an idle mind is the devil's workshop/control room.
do u blame assu for hw long will the nigerian education sector continue to suffer y shld d NAS tk 25% of out budget n yet assu cannot b giving a paltry 15% there's always money for gejs trips for fecs trip n other wasteful ventures but there isn't money for education after all y would they care there children don't study in Nigeria.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by johnolafenwa(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2013
All these would not come to an end untill our country is set free from the love of money and the flesh.
The love of God is the master solution to fraud and corruption.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by deeptesting(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2013
My annoyance with the youths who perpetuate this crimes is how they spend the ill gotten wealth, buying of cars, living in complex and flamboyant houses..How can someone spend 45million Naira on just 4 bedroom duplex which is of no economic value? What the hell is a young man doing with four cars of no economic value? These are the reasons I don't equate their crimes to poverty and unemployment. I mean you can build a 4 bedroom flat with 7 million buy an SUV for 1.5 million all your expenses within 10 million and invest the remaining 35million and say good bye to crime and poverty...Well na dem sabi ooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by strangest(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2013
"The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested two young men who claimed to be undergraduates of the University of Jos, Isaiah Friday and Azzaior Samuel, for an alleged N2.05bn fraud."

All these Britons and Isrealites grin
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Elxandre(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2013
Those guys greedy nor be small.
2bn just like that?
Imagine that one collecting 500k despite his deep knowledge of IT. he could have channeled it to something productive and more rewarding, instead of mushroom crime.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by alphaconde(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2013
changes1:

I read the post and understood it very well.(even though I am not perfect) . But these days any negative thing I see relating to undergraduates, I blame it on ASUU just to air my annoyance on their strike.

you are a honourable person, u already admitted your flaws. Its a good way to start.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by gbishman: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2013
Man must survive, havent we heard of the saying that an idle mind is the devils workshop. Are this boys not suppose to be in classes studying who put them out of the class romms those are the criminals not them. Its a human beings sole aim and responsibilty to survive and exist no matter what
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 17, 2013
Fools should go and see what your mates have achieved in advanced countries...

It's because these animals I have lost deals worth over 4 million naira simply because I am a Nigerian...

Rot in hell Mother fvckers.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Omooba77: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Friday and co are not helping youth to get breakthrough, he was trusted and that is why the bank gave a small contract like that to him. See what greed has brought on him. I hope comapnies will trust small businesses like his again.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by EdidemOluomo: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2013
changes1:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/efcc-arrests-four-suspects-for-alleged-n2-05b-fraud/

Undergraduates? Now my question is, Will it be right if I say thanks to ASUU or thanks to greed

When politicians or those in power commits such act,they can't be prosecuted becos of the so called immunity. But when graduates or ordinary people do it,it becomes a huge crime.
Efcc shuld ask those boys how its done and probably employ them in order to safe guard the nonsense banking system.
Abeg nor blame those guys,they are trying to survive jare.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by AboveSOSO: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2013
Opportunity comes but once...
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Tinkybabe(f): 11:10am On Sep 17, 2013
Jesus Christ! 2 billion naira shocked shocked shocked
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2013
EdidemOluomo:

When politicians or those in power commits such act,they can't be prosecuted becos of the so called immunity. But when graduates or ordinary people do it,it becomes a huge crime.
Efcc shuld ask those boys how its done and probably employ them in order to safe guard the nonsense banking system.
Abeg nor blame those guys,they are trying to survive jare.

wisdom should have told them to at least travel out of the country and keep a low profile for sometime. But trust Naija guys na, we must want to let everybody (girls) know we have "arrived".
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2013
FLEXCUBE..arrrrgh that is why we are moving to SAP..ASAP.. Flexcube and her numerous well-paid consultants can do a lot of damage.
Banking Security Policies need to be reviewed and better controls put in place
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by taiocol: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2013
yet un or wateva keep saying we hav low iq
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by temmy3723(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2013
emmaliveth10: hmmmm owu di ooh
sharp guys
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by JimloveTM(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2013
God help our youths IN NIGERIA. SOMEONE PLS SAY AMEN.
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by Super1759: 11:24am On Sep 17, 2013
Left to me, I will employ these boys, make them comfortable and make them work for me

If I have a software company or bank or even any system company
Re: Undergraduates, Others Arrested For Stealing N2bn From Bank by NextGenx(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2013
raw talent.. . give them small credit. them try

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAFDAC Busts Syndicate Importing Banned Crusader Soap / Nigerian Man Smuggled Children To Britain For Prostitution / NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine, Skunk Consignments From Brazil, Canada At Lagos Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.