Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes (59990 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Coke Does To Your Body In 1 Hour / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by ayfamoks: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2013
jeez, I'm in trouble embarassedjeez, I'm in trouble
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Eve is the best drink eve, just pour am inside water he go dilute itself den drink #lobatan grin
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by sugardaddy1(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Some studies have shown that Coke (soda) boosts the agility of male sperms (Y-Chromosomes) thereby enhancing the conception of male children in humans.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2013
*pulls up a chair,starts sipping chilled zobo while reading comments*grin
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Godson201333(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2013
and i am drinking coke right now,Its only God that can help us...Dont drink this,dont eat that,Una want make hunger kill person ni??

Abi make una keep refreshing yourself with Coke joor.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
francisbiz:
As a Biochemist give us analysis based on your own test not linking us to analysis of other people!
Conduct your own research and get back to us; I know you obviously can't.
Biochemist my foot.

Lolz... non-scientist talking. In science, we refer to other publications to support our claims since related work would have been done before. In most cases, we only modify hypothesis and method but we don't change the theory already stipulated.

All I've said were fundamental principles of Biochemistry. Moreover, I'm into cancer not diabetes and obesity. Hope this will calm you down?... ndo!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
KA24DETT:

YOU ARE Partial correct.
Coke ( most drinks including alcohol and redbull )causes high blood sugar which causes OBesity . Now OBesity causes diabetes.
The link you are missing is the obesity part.
Now. Diabetes mellitus type 1 is autoimmune. Diabetes mellitus type 2 is what you are refering about.
All in all. A skinny athletic dude with BM1 18-22 can drink 10 bottle of coke everyday and live an active lifestyle will not get diabetes mellitus type 2 BUT a fat joe that lives in kentucky who sits on the couch all day and drinks coke every minute has a high chance of getting diabetes. to be diabetic, coke is a factor not the deciding factor. In Scenario 2. The body is not making enough insulin to reduce the blood sugar or the body is very insensititve to insulin.
Thats why treatment of diabetes mellitus type 2 is oral hypoglycemic ingredient ( thalizenidionies, metformin , glyburide) and treatment of type 1 is Insulin. 2 different mechanism . 2 different treatment protocol.
Conclusion. Diabetes mellitus type 2 has coke as a slight risk factor. Coke ( high blood sugar ) is not the problem . rather , the CLEARING of that sugar from the blood .
COKE is a risk factor not the CAUSE of diabetes . 2 different meanings. I believe most people here are thinking that high blood sugar causes diabetes. It is a risk factor not the cause of diabetes

Thanks for elucidating more on this. Saying my linking of sugar-diabetes-hypertension is false/rumor/clumsy is what I strongly kicked against.... Because that's a known fact from ages.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Christine01(f): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

Lolz... non-scientist talking. In science, we refer to other publications to support our claims since related work would have been done before.

All I've said were fundamental principles of Biochemistry. Moreover, I'm into cancer not diabetes and obesity. Hope this will calm you down?

You should be the one to calm down.

I read all your posts and I must say I am ashamed of the way you replied some people here. You can clarify or drive home your points without being insultive. Learn to correct people with love. People like you will want to be lecturers 2maro. I wonder what impact you will make to our already ailing educational sector.

I am a Biochemist too and my research interest is Cancer.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
Christine01:

You should be the one to calm down.

I read all your posts and I must say I am ashamed of the way you replied some people here. You can clarify or drive home your points without being insultive. Learn to correct people with love. People like you will want to be lecturers 2maro. I wonder what impact you will make to our already ailing educational sector.

I am a Biochemist too and my research interest is Cancer.

Thanks, got you. My intention here wasn't to boast ego, I don't even know this will be on frontpage until those unnecessary and annoying questions directed to op like I'm marketing for a beverage company.

In bold: you're appreciated ma'am kiss
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by eefosa: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Op
Your analysis is quite wrong. Fructose has a remarkable different biochemical pathway from that of glucose. Fructose doesn't need insulin to be transported into the cells from your blood stream on the other hand glucose does.
Coke drink contains fructose and not glucose. So it is very safe if you're talking in respect to the amount of sugar in it.

The truth here is Diabetes and it other related diseases are not directly caused by sugar ( glucose) but by the absence of sufficient insulin to transport the glucose into your cells from the blood stream. Insulin is produced in the pancreas and the major destroyer of the pancreas is alcohol consumption.

The less alcohol you take in, the better for your vital organs as alcohol dehydrogenase (enzyme that breaks down alcohol) is not readily found in the body.

Alcohol is the major culprit.
Btw I'm a biochemist.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
eefosa: Op
Your analysis is quite wrong. Fructose has a remarkable different biochemical pathway from that of glucose. Fructose doesn't need insulin to be transported into the cells from your blood stream on the other hand glucose does.
Coke drink contains fructose and not glucose. So it is very safe if you're talking in respect to the amount of sugar in it.

The truth here is Diabetes and it other related diseases are not directly caused by sugar ( glucose) but by the absence of sufficient insulin to transport the glucose into your cells from the blood stream. Insulin is produced in the pancreas and the major destroyer of the pancreas is alcohol consumption.

The less alcohol you take in, the better for your vital organs as alcohol dehydrogenase (enzyme that breaks down alcohol) is not readily found in the body.

Alcohol is the major culprit.
Btw I'm a biochemist.

Cheers.

Unnecessarily saying one is wrong is absolutely wrong in the field. Yea, prolonged over working of pancreas and ageing of the organ decrease it's natural functions. Fructose on the other hand was never mentioned here by me. Coke contains sucrose. Sucrose is broken down to fructose and glucose. Glucose is immediately channel to energy production or carbon building block pathways or stored as glycogen (provided energy is abundant). Fructose to fructose-1-phosphate to same channel as glucose. With time, persistent high level of blood glucose which are not channeled run down the pancreas. Still y'all correct and appreciated kiss

It's nice meeting fellows on here.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by eefosa: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

Unnecessarily saying one is wrong is absolutely wrong in the field. Yea, prolonged over working of pancreas and ageing of the organ decrease it's natural functions. Fructose on the other hand was never mentioned here by me. Still y'all correct and appreciated kiss

It's nice meeting fellows on here.

Soo sorry sir for my improper use of words. Maybe wrong wasn't the right word. My bad. Apologies please. Great work btw.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
eddiebruk: Every country has got their own recipe for the Coca Cola and quantity of its composition but her basic Chemicals are

H3PO4 (Phosphoric Acid)
C6H12O6 (Fructose)
CO2 (Carbon Dioxide)
C8H10N4O2 (Caffeine)

So this your Analysis is disturbing to the ordinary man, because if what you just copy pasted on here is what it really is, then half of the world should have been wiped out by now considering the high demand for their products. you should be talking about the composition of other strong drinks that has fast negative effect on the body system and not coke.

[size=13pt]Eg: Energy Drinks, Coffee, [/size]
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by buchilino(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
thanks for dis post very helpful
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by IDERAWOLE(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
druid06: Is it just me but does anyone else adds a little salt to 7up to get that bitter-sweet taste?

Knowledge and information are the only ways to liberty and good living.

A number of the health issues, sicknesses and diseases we have all around us are as a result of ignorance, couple with the biggest con-business ever in the world- MEDICINE.

Doctors and the people in the pharmacy industry will never tell the whole world that their drugs, radiation therapy and chemotherapy is and never will be the solution to ailment; rather they need all of us to keep the industry growing.

Anyway, most of them too actually suffers similar disease without knowing that our diet abuse constitute almost 90% for all diseases in the world.

SUGAR & SALT inside 7-Up is nothing but an expressway to the grave. I'm sure both of this materials he's talking about are the WHITE TYPE. These two products are killers of the first order: RUN AWAY FROM THEM. Eat the small daily recommended quantity and you will live long and in solid health.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by nodullin(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Damn! I do a bottle almost everyday! #sad-face#
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by raheemat21: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Pls stay away from coke regular consumption leads to diabetis,it happened to my uncle
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Hunkyimage(m): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl . . . Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.

4. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

5. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

6. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

7. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

8. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan;rap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

9. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FYI:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It's pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly Corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! Drink up! No joke. Think what coke and other soft drinks do to your teeth on a daily basis. A tooth will dissolve in a cup of coke in 24-48 hours.

Origins:   Many of the entries above are just simple household tips involving Coca-Cola, as provided by Joey Green in his 1995 book Polish Your Furniture with Panty Hose and on his web site. That you can cook and clean with Coke is relatively meaningless from a safety standpoint — you can use a wide array of common household substances (including water) for the same purposes; that fact alone doesn't necessarily make them dangerous to ingest. Nearly all carbonated soft drinks contain carbonic acid, which is moderately useful for tasks such as removing stains and dissolving rust deposits (although plain soda water is much better for some of these purposes than Coca-Cola or other soft drinks, as it doesn't leave a sticky sugar residue behind). Carbonic acid is relatively weak, however, and people have been drinking carbonated water for many years with no detrimental
effects.

The rest of the claims offered here are specious. Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than does orange juice, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you'll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy T-bone.)

Besides, the gastric acid in your stomach is much stronger than any of the acids in Coca-Cola, so the acid in Coca-Cola is harmless.

Source: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

Also i've watched one experiment on Youtube where a guy soaked An egg in a glass of coke 4 abt a yr and .... can't remember d full details but it was abt d acidity of Coke
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Ryda(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
star boy things
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Hunkyimage(m): 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
Who don drink coca-cola vanilla b4? cheesy
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Hunkyimage(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
Plz-oooo, i didn't post those stuffz 2scare u-o... i knw that d human body'z got lotz of chemicals n enzymes 2 breakdown d isssh, i heard dat d hydrochloric acid in our belle nah d confam acid 4 our body wey fit corrode even nail 4 ourbelle---->>>> @ Op na true? Abeg confam 4 me n dem...
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hunkyimage: Plz-oooo, i didn't post those stuffz 2scare u-o... i knw that d human body'z got lotz of chemicals n enzymes 2 breakdown d isssh, i heard dat d hydrochloric acid in our belle nah d confam acid 4 our body wey fit corrode even nail 4 ourbelle---->>>> @ Op na true? Abeg confam 4 me n dem...

lolz grin
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by slimfit7: 12:03am On Sep 19, 2013
tell ur father first mek him stop i go stop. Coke is the best among all the minerals
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Sike(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2013
njokusboy: If coke no kill person, beer go kill person, if beer no kill person wine go kill person, motor, gun accident, sumtin must kill person... Even rice fit kill sef, bone fit choke u till u die... The world is full of killers, you re dead already if u kip watching evrytin u swallow, I mean, what is life worth

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by kolamilan(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2013
noted.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by MEDENHANZ: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2013
"Medicine belongs to the people and the people belong at home" @medenhanz we simplify health care delivery with technology....
pls follow us on Facebook or twitter @medenhanz or visit our website www.medenhanz.com
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by druid06(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2013
IDERAWOLE:

Knowledge and information are the only ways to liberty and good living.

A number of the health issues, sicknesses and diseases we have all around us are as a result of ignorance, couple with the biggest con-business ever in the world- MEDICINE.

Doctors and the people in the pharmacy industry will never tell the whole world that their drugs, radiation therapy and chemotherapy is and never will be the solution to ailment; rather they need all of us to keep the industry growing.

Anyway, most of them too actually suffers similar disease without knowing that our diet abuse constitute almost 90% for all diseases in the world.

SUGAR & SALT inside 7-Up is nothing but an expressway to the grave. I'm sure both of this materials he's talking about are the WHITE TYPE. These two products are killers of the first order: RUN AWAY FROM THEM. Eat the small daily recommended quantity and you will live long and in solid health.

Thanks for the info man.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Networkmaster(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
Please what does excess intake of indomie cause to the body system?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Emmanuel555(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Honestly coke is dangerous to our body system

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by pastorelvis: 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
No b small things. Dis coke issue almost dealt wt me cos i felt a sudden hypoglycaemic attack n tuk coke as advised by Dr ...... It worsened d case as it went n triggered d ulcer in me. Na God save meoo
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by pastorelvis: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pls everybody shd join me n praise God. Am +1 today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.