Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat (1111 Views)

Biochemistry Vs Physiology And Anatomy / Biochemistry Vs Chemical Engineering / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by Pseermuhel(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2013
biochemistry vs microbiology group chat
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by marvelling(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Better delete this thread before I flog you! angry

Don't mind me o! cheesy mcb & bch are not really far apart in terms of course content. When I was in school we the mcbites had no option but to do bch courses especially those concerned with metabolism, but on the contrary, bch students had mcb courses mainly as electives except for cell biology (which was our 202). Our microbial genetics bears a striking similarity with molecular biology, and our industrial mcb was very similar to industrial bch.

The two courses tackle the study of living organisms at the cellular level from different perspectives, so in essence they are both about the same thing, but from a different point of view. Both courses are important and have contributed a lot to human development.

In terms of job opportunities, its still pretty much the same, as almost anywhere a vacancy exists for a microbiologist, a biochemist can also apply (mainly in the food & beverage, pharmaceutical industries).

Btw, biochemistry lecturers have a sadistic streak, generally it is easier to graduate with a first class as an mcb student that for you to do so as a bch student #FACT.

1 Like

Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by eija74(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Great Metabolites
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by Pseermuhel(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2013
great
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by Pseermuhel(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2013
marvelling: Better delete this thread before I flog you! angry

Don't mind me o! cheesy mcb & bch are not really far apart in terms of course content. When I was in school we the mcbites had no option but to do bch courses especially those concerned with metabolism, but on the contrary, bch students had mcb courses mainly as electives except for cell biology (which was our 202). Our microbial genetics bears a striking similarity with molecular biology, and our industrial mcb was very similar to industrial bch.

The two courses tackle the study of living organisms at the cellular level from different perspectives, so in essence they are both about the same thing, but from a different point of view. Both courses are important and have contributed a lot to human development.

In terms of job opportunities, its still pretty much the same, as almost anywhere a vacancy exists for a microbiologist, a biochemist can also apply (mainly in the food & beverage, pharmaceutical industries).

Btw, biochemistry lecturers have a sadistic streak, generally it is easier to graduate with a first class as an mcb student that for you to do so as a bch student #FACT.
nyc talk...which skul u dey?
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
op what about if i release in form of aerosol Pseudomonas aeruginosa shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked before you say bch you have drop dead
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by SimeonIce(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmmm.... All thnks to ASUU,i've forgotten d nomenclature of some microbes... Lol
Metabolites be careful before I release Anthracis bacillus in aerosol form
#Team MCB#
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by Pseermuhel(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
ASUU don call off strike i hop all bch and mcb student are ready for resumption? smiley
Re: Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Group Chat by Pseermuhel(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
great metabolites and microbiologist lets us meet here and share our knowledge in other to help each other.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Lecture With A Second-class Lower Degree? / Aau 2014 Post Utme Result Release / Can You Solve This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.