Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? (12969 Views)

The 10 Magnificent Gionee Phones That Are 4G LTE Network Enabled / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by samtoye(m): 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is mine right now on supposed 4G with the least speed data package - definitely not Nigeria grin grin grin grin

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by arbitrage: 2:37am On Sep 20, 2013
This is speed capacity (or capability) of your connection (I guess you have the older 802.11b/g access point) and not the data through put of your connection. If you want to know the real speed of data through your network, go to speedtest.net for speed check just as I have for Swift tonight. It's not always like this anyway but usually poorer. Their advertised burstable speed for all their plans is even 2 Mbps not to talk of what it will be regularly. So this sleeping night just got lucky speed.

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by arbitrage: 2:45am On Sep 20, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: MTN has been fast lately here.. I'm sure it's the area cuz not much people are occupyin' this town at the moment..... Cuz I remembered I was in a remote area sometime ago and MTN launched for the first time their network in that area with EDGE services... I can Vividly remember I was gettin' a downlink speed of up to 190kbps there...that's of course those of us browsing in that area were not up to 30....

Here's a speed test what MTN currently offers me.. b4 all this students resume from the strike and suck up all the speed...

This is not showing MTN test but WholeSale Network test or what's happening?
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 20, 2013
dabraska:

Seriously! You haven't heard of Smile Communications in Ibadan? Standard 4G LTE. I used to have my own doubts until it was shown to me. I paused for 35 minutes.
why would sumone open a 4G LTE network and locate it in IBADAN??
Thank God 4 sensible ones lyk spactranet
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by cjudy(m): 6:13am On Sep 20, 2013
am surprised to Nigerian after reading this thread. you are using a 3G phone then I expect to have 4g on it. am using HTC sensation 4g phone and believe me in Delta I hardly got 3g network which is very poor. I used 4g and it browse well. I download 1gb files in 20mins. go and get a 4g and see what am saying
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by deor03(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2013
runzlord:
why would sumone open a 4G LTE network and locate it in IBADAN??
Thank God 4 sensible ones lyk spactranet

Presently in the true sense of LTE definition according to 3GPP standards, we have only one LTE network in Nigeria.

That is Smile Nigeria. I led the Project team that built that network from the scratch up to the 1st call. The average subscriber download speed is about 8Mbps.

The reason for starting in Ibadan, is a valid business reason, which, I can't share on this forum

They are rolling out in Lagos, PH and Abuja in coming months

1 Like

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Abuleoshi: 7:10am On Sep 20, 2013
MTN Rocks!

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Abuleoshi: 7:13am On Sep 20, 2013
Smooth Surfing!

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Abuleoshi: 7:20am On Sep 20, 2013
MTN also rocks in the office!

Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Abuleoshi: 8:03am On Sep 20, 2013
This is my speednet result link before Nairalanders start shouting source.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2979206503?utm_source=share-page&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharev1
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Abuleoshi: 8:12am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2013
spoilerx: I use an unlocked at&t galaxy s4 with glo, and sometimes it shows 4G. I suspect they r already testing 4G networks
that doesn't mean glo has 4G. At&t softwares on phones always does that. it's a tweak.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by Youngpo413: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
oluamid: I use Aitel for BIS subscription. Yesterday, I wanted to download a movie of about 130MB, What did I do? I plugged my phone to a power source, started the download around 11PM and slept off. I woke up around 3am only to see that I only have 75MB downloaded. So I slept again and woke up around 7:30am to see the movie fully downloaded.

That's Naija 3G for you.

lol,airtel is the worst and sometimes their "EDGE" is more faster than their so-called 3.75G.
Re: Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? by luluosas(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2013
cjudy: am surprised to Nigerian after reading this thread. you are using a 3G phone then I expect to have 4g on it. am using HTC sensation 4g phone and believe me in Delta I hardly got 3g network which is very poor. I used 4g and it browse well. I download 1gb files in 20mins. go and get a 4g and see what am saying
It would have been better if you'd stated your network.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 / How To Copy Any Whatsapp Status (video Or Picture) / What Old Mobile Phone Are You Using And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.