Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,494 members, 7,847,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Hints - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hints (777 Views)

Hints To Avert Escalating Financial, Electronic (ATM) Fraud / I Want To Learn Corel Draw Online.any Hints? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hints by nazzyon(m): 12:12am On Jun 22, 2008
GMAIL NOTIFIER
Check your messages without opening a browser.
Link: http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_windows.html

DOWNLOAD WITH EASE

Hello,

Before you do anything I know this may sound stupid to many of us but it works.

If you are downloading a file; whatever it may be you can speed up the download by using the regular websites for testing download & upload speeds.

PROCEDURE

StepOne: Click the file you want to download and start downloading.

StepTwo: Opening another Browser or tab in the same browser

StepThree: Type the website to test the speed and continue to test after you get a result.

Result: As the test result indicate improvement in your download speed from the test so will your file or application download faster.

It is for people who doesn't like Download Managers because of their vulnerability.

NOTE: I used ABELTRONICA speedometer to test the speed on a gprs connection and I noticed improvement in the download time.

A BELTRONICA speedometer: www.abeltronica.com

TESTED: DSL, gprs, CDMA
Re: Hints by nazzyon(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2008
Hello,

If you need to know How to Solve problems and more on OS e.g Ubuntu/Linux, Windows XP/Vista.

Learn from How-To-Geek: www.howtogeek.com

(1) (Reply)

To My Fellow Nigerians Browsing Using Opera Mini/sollibay,why Is It That We Can Browse For Free But / Driver Detective / Microsoft Completes Applications Glossary In Three Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.