Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! (1029 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / When Will Nigerians Get Good Unlimited Internet Services In This Country? / Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by chinwe11: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2013
I guess, these companies in Nigeria think they can just do what they like and get away with it. I have two spectranet modems, which i havent used for up to six months. i use one in the day and the other at night to save cost since they have good prices for those plans. Well about a week ago, i noticed that browsing on both modems had become hell. I call them, and they tell me that they are upgrading thier network, so very soon the old modems would be phased out, and would get a call to come and change my modems.

So i call them back this morning, and i was told that i have to change the modems as thier systems have been upgraded. But here is where it gets interesting. She said the new modems would cost me 12000 and 9000 naira. That if i dont change them and buy the new ones, i wont be able to use thier internet service. And that changing for my vicinity (lekki) is between 19ths and 23rd, after which if i dont change it and buy the new ones, then I would have to pay 30,000 for both modems.

So i asked her, how can i buy two modems and in less than six months, you want me to come and change it (for no fault of mine) and pay an extra 21000 naria? She answers: Sorry ma.

Then i ask her, why the time frame, so what if i do not have the money right now? After forcing me to buy new modems within six months, you want to force be to pay at a particular time considering that salary wouldnt have been paid by that time. She answers: Sorry ma, i would foward your complaint to my supervisors but try and change it ma.

I am really annoyed. Most companies in Nigeria just beleive they can do what they want since we have no consumer protection service that is active here. Moderator, please front page this oh. I dont know where i would see 21,000 naira before monday to pay for modem. Fraudulent companies.
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2013
sorry ma,

Your case can be equated to what FRSC is doing to car owners now,unfortunately i think its a Nigerian factor.
Just give them the money if you have,if you dnt, leave them and look for other options.in this case you have options.
but in FRSC we dont have options.
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by fr3do(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2013
angry
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by yomalex(m): 11:36am On Sep 19, 2013
customer care is the bane of nigerian companies
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by lynxnoon(m): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
moderator pls FRONT PAGE .... If its not there already
These companies are just rip-offs!!
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by scopusng(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
I was asked to pay 3 month subscription before the new modern would be given to me. Anyway, I don run waka bi dat.
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by onegig(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
I guess this needs to reach fp. It seems bad mouthing is what most Nigerian ccompanies now know. Just imagine
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by ijaola(m): 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Same thing happened to me. Iwas told to pay 25500naira and get the new modem. I was told to do so btw sept 30& oct2. I neva even see 8500 pay, na 25500 na him i go see pay. i bought the modem for 15k, works only in lagos, whenever i traveled, i can't use it.

They even wanna force it on there existing subscriber, i am planing on traveling outta lagos for a month, how will i pay for what i won't be able to use.

I wonder why this hasn't make it to the front page yet.
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by onegig(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
ijaola: Same thing happened to me. Iwas told to pay 25500naira and get the new modem. I was told to do so btw sept 30& oct2. I neva even see 8500 pay, na 25500 na him i go see pay. i bought the modem for 15k, works only in lagos, whenever i traveled, i can't use it.

They even wanna force it on there existing subscriber, i am planing on traveling outta lagos for a month, how will i pay for what i won't be able to use.

I wonder why this hasn't make it to the front page yet.
will fix that soon. Sent a link to the mod
Re: Spectranet Demanding For Extra 21,000 If I Must Use Thier Internet Services! by Saruman: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
[b]The situation with Spectranet has been made worse by the fact that none of their pre-existing customers has the gut to report their discrepancies to the relevant government and regulatory agencies.
It is so pathetic that we allow all these carpetbagger IT service providers do as they like and the customer has no say or right in the service being provided to them. I understand from a colleague that they have removed the "unlimited" data volume package that was on the pre-existing users account with the supposed switch to LTE. It seems to me these guys are just acting as they like without any regulatory framework to guide their interactions with their clients. So, they can couch an of subterfuge with service upgrade and rip people off.
I wonder why did not make the switch optional like "Swift" and why they had to lie to their customers that the switch is just a modem exchange and not new data control.
Unfortunately, one can't expect any better treatment from folks that have run down government providers like NITEL. Little wonder Multilinks too has no relevance any longer in the market.
Methinks these folks deserve a class action to regulate their devious customer delivery acts.
[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks Shop In Surulere Now Open / Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? / Android 10'1 Tablet Sale At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.