Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Stella Damasus Bares It All,shares The Events & People That Shaped Her Character - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stella Damasus Bares It All,shares The Events & People That Shaped Her Character (977 Views)

Emma Nyra & Yemi Alade's Outfits To AFRIMMA As Emma Bares Her Cleavage(pics / Actor Jnr Pope Helps His Pregnant Wife In The Kitchen & Shares The Pic / Wunmi Obe Reacts To Stella Damasus's New Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stella Damasus Bares It All,shares The Events & People That Shaped Her Character by amakaikeng(f): 10:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Stella Damasus apart from being a fantastic actress, she is also a very gifted writer, I actually think she should consider writing a book soon. In this interesting piece, she takes us into her world, her formative years, the events that made her become the woman that she is today and the huge impact her parents, especially her dad had on her. She further asserts that there are three categories of persons in the world - those who were born to be talked about because of who they are, those who were born to talk about others because that is all they are and those who observe because they don't know who they are. Ah, abeg, I know who I am and its definitely a 'Type A'. LOL. At least for my mind. Hehehehe...please continue from the cut to read this interesting piece from SD...I Love love her and by the way, she's my sis from the same hometown. #FamzingThings#....

Stella's Write-up
Sometimes I sit down and try to take stock of my life and it's numerous stages. It amazes me to see how far I have come even in the midst of the storm. God is indeed faithful to those who love and serve him. Growing up was a bit funny for me outside the walls of my home. I grew up in a wonderfully balanced family with a lot of love and care from both my parents who were bankers, my older sisters who taught me so much and even my late kid brother even though his time was short. For some reason I thought there was something wrong with me and I will tell you why. I realized that, in school my name always came up whether or not I was a part of the issue. People just loved to talk about me, most of the time it was more negative than positive.

Even if I was not guilty of whatever they accused me of, they would still go on and on. This was such a huge problem to me as a young girl, to the point that I was not able to enjoy boarding school. I thought the world hated me and i did not fit in, and that was when I heard that people called me an "OSU", which means OUTCAST, just because of my surname. That actually made me laugh at the end of the day seeing that most people did not even know the origin or history of my name. As funny as this might sound I started avoiding people, I did not want to make friends so I had only two of them. Deep inside my heart I would think hard and try to trace the source of these issues. It made me believe the saying "there is no smoke without fire", so for people to say all this about me there must have been things I did that triggered the talk and the hatred. Now I know better because the world has changed so much that all you need to do to attract so much hatred and jealousy, is to EXIST. After thinking so for so long I arrived at the same answer as before which was "I am not a bad person and I have not done anything to deserve this". No matter how hard I tried to believe my truth, people just had a way of putting me in a box. This was entirely my fault because now I know for sure that no one can put you in a box unless you let them. After so many years of being paranoid about what people were saying about me, I finally opened up to my parents. My mother laughed so hard that I wondered if she heard a word of what I said. That was when my father (God rest his soul) looked at me and said "have you taken a good look at yourself in the mirror? Have you not noticed how beautiful you are, or are you saying you do not know you are intelligent"? At that point I just felt it was a normal encouragement line that a parent would give his child to make them feel better, but I soon realized it was far from it.

Then he said "can't you see that you are different because you are special? Do you need anyone to tell you how blessed you are?I looked at him and said "but daddy if I am all these things, how come people say all these bad things about me? At this point I was almost crying, but in his usual way he looked at me and said "my friend! Will you stand firm and listen to me? You and your sisters are special, in fact very rare in a good way. You are like further mathematics". "Ah ah daddy what is further mathematics doing in this matter?" I had to ask that question to know we were on the same page. My dad went ahead to explain, he said "further mathematics is a subject just like every other one, there is nothing evil or bad about it but people hate it so much. They hate it because they believe it is very difficult. .....no vex abeg, oya continue to read the rest from here...oshei! http://amakaikenga..com/2013/09/must-read-stella-damasus-bares-it-all.html

Re: Stella Damasus Bares It All,shares The Events & People That Shaped Her Character by chrisomiyi: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Dear Stella, i love and respect you so much ,i strongly appreciate your God given talent. However, the issue is ,what they say about you ,are they the truth or are they false ? if they are false,then what you are pulstulating applies but if they saying the truth it becomes a different issue.
I have not right to judge you and nobody have any right ,infact you are better than those judging you . No man have the right to infringe on the right of others

(1) (Reply)

Can You Guess Right What Attracts Sarkodie To A Woman? / Peter Okoye Replies Those Bashing Him For Snubbing His Brother's Wedding / Pics: Meet Daddy Showkey’s Cute Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.