Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship (17025 Views)

Wike Orders Rivers Indigenes On Scholarship Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria / 15 Escaped Chibok Girls Admitted Into AUN Academy On Scholarship / Students Leave No Blame On Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Davo93(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
A total of 71 Nigerians are billed to travel to Russia and China to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate degrees under the 2013/2014 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA).

Sixty-six of the scholars are to depart to Russia for undergraduate programmes while seven will head to China for post graduate courses. Speaking at the pre-departure briefing for the students in Abuja, Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike, disclosed that other scholarship offers received for the current 2013/2014 academic session are as follow: Egypt 12, Algeria 13, Morocco 20, Serbia 2, Mexico 2 and Romania 5 while Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Greece, Tunisia and Macedonia are being awaited.

Wike said Nigeria on its part has also continued to reciprocate by offering scholarships to interested countries like China, Romania, Cuba and Sierra Leone. On the cost implication for the awards, he said tuition, accommodation and some stipend are to be provided by the donor countries while Nigeria provides supplementary allowance of $6,000 to augment feeding, local transportation, maintenance, equipment/books.

Others include: Warm clothing allowance of $250 per annum, health insurance of $200 per annum, take-off grant of $60 and $100 for undergraduate and post graduate scholars respectively.

Source

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Davo93(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmmmm... at last! Congratulations to those selected and i wish them a very successful stay over there in their respective countries of study. I hope they prove to the whole world once again that Nigerians are not dull people but only been limited by the non-working atmosphere.

By the way, i don't want to say this so as not to sound like a looser but i can't help it. Its quite unfortunate after spending about 50K on the application procedures and requirements for the 2013 BEA scholarship and several horrible experiences i had during the application period which i can't start narrating here, the ministry of education has made a lot of us that applied feel like something secretive goes on in selecting the lucky ones. Yes, we were told the selection will be done by the donor nations but i beg to disagree that it went that way. Imagine we wrote an exam around 27th March, no result was released, no response from Federal Scholarship Board even when you contact them, their website went down and surprisingly, we heard the Supervising minister seeing them off. I say, the selection process is just too cloudy! No fairness; No transparency whatsoever.

My Oga at the top thing has been the order. Truly, everyone cannot be picked but why is the selection process not plain and conspicuous tovus all? I am sure a lot of Nairalanders that applied have more to say on this. Things like this make one feel like we have got no hope again in Nigeria but all thesame, i see a better Nigeria in the nearest future. Its high time we washed our system away from corruption that has eaten deep. I bless God, i am doing very fine where i am today but what of those young sharps that were disappointed same way and no breakthrough to an institution yet? May God help us all.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

32 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Good move.
However, having known the Nigerian style-these students will be left in a foreign land to cater for themselves, soonest the Nigerian Government would abandon them without care, money or anyother thing.
I just seriously hope this set will be an exception.
Students sent to China are better off because there are more job opportunities there in China than in the racist country-Russia.

3 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
GOD WILL HELP DEM IN JESUS NAME

2 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by strangest(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
Davo93: Hmmmm... at last! Congratulations to those selected and i wish them a very successful stay over there in their respective countries of study. I hope they prove to the whole world once again that Nigerians are not dull people but only been limited by the non-working atmosphere.

By the way, i don't want to say this so as not to sound like a looser but i can't help it. Its quite unfortunate after spending about 50K on the application procedures and requirements for the 2013 BEA scholarship and several horrible experiences i had during the application period which i can't start narrating here, the ministry of education has made a lot of us that applied feel like something secretive goes on in selecting the lucky ones. Yes, we were told the selection will be done by the donor nations but i beg to disagree that it went that way. Imagine we wrote an exam around 27th March, no result was released, no response from Federal Scholarship Board even when you contact them, their website went down and surprisingly, we heard the Supervising minister seeing them off. I say, the selection process is just too cloudy! No fairness; No transparency whatsoever.

My Oga at the top thing has been the order. Truly, everyone cannot be picked but why is the selection process not plain and conspicuous tovus all? I am sure a lot of Nairalanders that applied have more to say on this. Things like this make one feel like we have got no hope again in Nigeria but all thesame, i see a better Nigeria in the nearest future. Its high time we washed our system away from corruption that has eaten deep. I bless God, i am doing very fine where i am today but what of those young sharps that were disappointed same way and no breakthrough to an institution yet? May God help us all.

EeEehhhyah... Your 50k don go be that... Try again next time, you may be lucky....
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by bigt2(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........................
Don't worry, when i come back, i will teach nairalanders how to make the chinko out of everything . E.g. Chinkoland.com, NEKNO Phones, etc. cool

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by trolling(m): 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Davo93: Hmmmm... at last! Congratulations to those selected and i wish them a very successful stay over there in their respective countries of study. I hope they prove to the whole world once again that Nigerians are not dull people but only been limited by the non-working atmosphere.

no be naija you dey...you should no better na, and don't associate God with Nigeria, He has nothing to do with Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
angry
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by mazizitonene(m): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
ASUU I dey hause o

2 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by donfemzy: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
ASUU nko?

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by olajosy: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Congrats to them all. Mine is on it's way.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ujoinme: 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2013

I feel you bro,Federal scholarship board is yet to change their ways that happened to me 2001/2002 session.12 yrs laters they are still doing the same thing Na wa for these guys. all the mago mago and man no ma that goes on for there.

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
and it's news? Is this the first Scholarship on Earth? Or in Nigeria? I don't get it

2 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by babywhale(m): 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thumbs up to Nigeria. All I hv to say is pple who lost 50k trying are winners too. Don't u think so?

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by marcangelo(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Not only u davo93... I also followed dat BEA thread on naira land wit u, mehn my #42k just gone like dat, i tot it "man knw man" was a fake excuse by ppl..bt now i knw man knw man works in 9ja 100%.. D heartbreak, d dissapointed look on my folks face, and d shame i somhw feel aftr tellin almost evryone i'll b gone to russia....*sobs*

5 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by akereconfi: 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
if u are a RIVERS indigene...........try apply with RSSDA, they send 300 rivers indigene and 30 non indigine every year to UK, CANADA, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRELAND and CZECH REPUBLIC...........Last two weeks the students bound for US travelled. On the 20th which is tomoro, CZECH students are leaving, on 21st which is Saturday, HUNGARY students are leaving, UK students are leaving in batches

4 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by AYODEJI94(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
dis is for the BEA,How about those of us that wrote the one for nigeria universities?notin for us yet?
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by wEsOmE(m): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
Great NiGeRIAN STUDENTZ..!!! Great..!!
Great GBO GBO ...........!!!! Great...!!
Great GBA GBA.......!!!!! Great...!!
FunDaMENtal KiM KIM...!!!
AlUta EYHAAA...!!!!

I WAnt To YARN...!!
I want to Talk....!!!
I want To Communicate...!!!
I want To Vibrate ....!!
I want To Rotate...!!
I want To Prostrate...!!
I want to ........!!! ALeRT You all....
Naija is Messed Up... But no case I dnt knw Y we re bothern ourselfs wen we all know the world would soon end.... Let's Jux peacefully wait 4 d Trumpet 2 blow... I rest My case..!!

5 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by airclipse(m): 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
Somebody shout hallelujah....the lord ¶s Good...all the time cheesy All the best тσ these lucky ones

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by sylve11: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Good one! cool
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Smh! They are sending students to other countries to study when our educational sector is in shambles. Are they not ashamed? If those countries had used corruption to finish their educational sector would they be sending them there? Nigerian government Is a failure!

5 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Revolva(m): 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
wait wait..how does one get a schlorship from Nigeria....cant believe this happens
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by iamswizz(m): 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
fresh airrrr
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by kenechyy: 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thats a welcome development. A friend of mine is among the beneficiaries...
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by airclipse(m): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
poshdiva: Smh! They are sending students to other countries to study when our educational sector is in shambles. Are they not ashamed? If those countries had used corruption to finish their educational sector would they be sending them there? Nigerian government Is a failure!
abegi no be dat one we dey talk here undecided

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Manchidede(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
A friend of mine was lucky... Up 9ja
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by mikkyangel(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Are, Russia. Ke?! Please they should get full info about the country b4 going there. Even if they are going on a scholarship....that place nor good for black man ohhh...

4 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by imsuboi(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
good luck to them.. I hope their payments won't get "comma"
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by akereconfi: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
mikkyangel: Are, Russia. Ke?! Please they should get full info about the country b4 going there. Even if they are going on a scholarship....that place nor good for black man ohhh...
Don't spew crap u know nothing about
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by WizPrince1(m): 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
You see, Nigerians can go to other countries to study free without undergoing 'Political Exams' but UK, USA, CHINA, RUSSIA and others can't come to Nigeria to study due to the way our schools are, political exams like JAMB that will keep a good student at home for 12yrs etc. Infact, why is Nigeria's education system not like other countries that you can apply and just sit for one exam and checkout? Someone will write WAEC, will pass, JAMB, will pass, And then another, Post UTME Before entering a University and if one fails any of them, he/she gat to wait for another year, yet our Nigerians don't do that outside. Nigeria need to change jare!

3 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Aizebioje(m): 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wait wait wait. Did I read that Nigeria is also offering foreign students scholarship? To these aggradized day care centres we call universities with academic calendars punctuated with incessant strikes by union workers? Laudable or LAUGHABLE
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by akereconfi: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
akereconfi: if u are a RIVERS indigene...........try apply with RSSDA, they send 300 rivers indigene and 30 non indigine every year to UK, CANADA, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRELAND and CZECH REPUBLIC...........Last two weeks the students bound for US travelled. On the 20th which is tomoro, CZECH students are leaving, on 21st which is Saturday, HUNGARY students are leaving, UK students are leaving in batches

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Govt Evacuates Scholarship Beneficiaries In Sudan / ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat / Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.