Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:35 AM

Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser (3047 Views)

Please Help, Java Applet And Asp.net Page / Implementing Cut, Copy And Paste In A Jtextarea Of A Java Applet / Help With Java Applet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by chukxy: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2008
Please c an somebody in the house help me? I'm having problem running my applet in a browser.
Can only run it with appletviewer. Suggestions will be welcomed.
Thank you.
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by javaprince(m): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2008
Lucky you am online, and would help u.

Create an html file in the folder where u have ur class file and type this under the body tag of ur HTML.

<APPLET CODE="Classname" WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200>

</APPLET>

Let me know if it works. Also u might get a message on Internet Explorer askin if u want to run ActiveX / Applets . Click on it and then allow to run.
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by Bossman(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2008
Which browser are you using and is it Java enabled? The easiest way to tell (without writing code in your applet or using Javascript to query it) is to visit one of the several websites the have an applet and see if your browsers JVM can run it. There are several test sites out there, google for it!
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by femu(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2008
U might need to sign your applet inorder to have necessary permissions.else it might not run
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by logica(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2008
the mere fact that you can ONLY view it in appletviewer could mean:

[list]
[li]the applet wasn't properly written[/li]
[li]you didn't set the width and height in the html code[/li]
[li]you are using IE to try to view the applet. if you must view using IE, you have to stick to Java 1.1 if you are using the IE JVM (which most people do). if your applet was written in anything above 1.1, IE cannot be used to view the applet. You will have to use Mozilla or install the Sun JVM for IE.[/li]
[li]you don't have a JVM installed for your browser[/li]

[/list]
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by chukxy: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2008
Thank you very much for the suggestions so far.
The truth is that I can not run the programmer after implementing the suggestions.
Please is there anything i can do to the browser in terms of configurationb to enable me
run the applet. thanks.
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by javarules(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2008
send ur java and html code lets see
Re: Can Not Run My Applet In A Web Browser by Bossman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2008
I agree. if you still can not get it to work with all the suggestions above, and you haveverified that your browser is "Java enabled" by visiting one of the several sites out there (see below) with an applet, then post your code.

http://www.javatester.org/enabled.html

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Tutorials For You- Coursera / Improve Your Web Skill In 2018 / Is ᚢeun willing to sell Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.