Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? (674 Views)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Can Somebody Help With Windows 2003 Server Product Key / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
seriously, even after windows vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 landing soon. Many nigerians still run windows xp on their systems! I went to a bank, and the tv that was there was not displying the advert properly, it was showing the computer userinterface. And it was windows xp! Many a time have i also seen ATM machines beign rebooted and its windows xp that comes up, even stores and public places where they use coputers. there is a computer center in my area, where the man has windows 7 built laptops but actually the laptops run windows xp i became very curous and asked why they are running xp and the man said cos its the best. Although the man reply to me was dumb! And many orther people that claim they know computers think the same way! Does it mean nigerians are dumb? To actually think xp is better than seven? Or is there another reason why nigerians love windows xp?
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by Donsammi(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2013
also curios tew..... but windows 7 on my lappy iz the best
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by Nosu(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2013
If u are not a technology user u will not that the best window that is most reliable for the now is window Xp though window7 has feature and functions that window xp don't have.
A lot of users always want to use the lastest but don't ask y they shld use it
This is the big question, if the window 7 is so reliable, why is it that in a shortwhile after its released, window 8 was released and window 8.1 will soon be released.
Africans are wonderful users we don't care abt the working of anything. We just want to use the lastest
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by bloglover(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2013
Windows XP and windows 7,8 can be likened 2 Eba and indomie respectively, make ur choice..some prefer quality ova quantity and vice versa. All am saying in essence is dat most people prefer to use windows 7,8 on their personal system because of trend, sophistication, design and d likes but most people will prefer windows XP on their system if they want 2 use dat particular system for business due to its reliability, less automatic update, less confusion( 4 d old schools) and d likes. One man's meat is anoda man's poison
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by femi4: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2013
From experience, not all updates/upgrades of apps/softwares are better than their previous version. Futhermore, people's opinion differs based on their needs and what they want from their OS.

In my own opinion, Win7 remains the best OS for me follow by Win XP. I dislike Win8 with passion. It doesn't make sense to me seeing a laptop running like a smartphone
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by Donsammi(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2013
windows 8! most foolish os i have seen ......i wan to installed winxp on ex-hardizk for my win7 laptop
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Love With Windows Xp? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
windows 7 is more reliable than xp! Plus microsoft has stopped support 4 xp. Plus new feautures like self diagnotics. Makes xp useless. Btw windows 8 is the best os ever!

(1) (Reply)

Look How Bulky 5MB Is In1956. / New Computer Virus 'secretly Leaks Data' Through Air / HELP! My Battery Just Flatlined. Can Anything Be Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.