Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (16101 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup / Eagles Missed Me At Brazil / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Franz is a genius damn......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Beckenbauer

On his return to Germany, Beckenbauer was appointed manager of the West German national team to replace Jupp Derwall. He took the team all the way to the final of the 1986 World Cup, where they lost to Argentina.
In 1990, before the German reunification, Beckenbauer managed the last German team without East German players in a World Cup, winning the final 1–0, against Argentina, in a rematch of the previous World Cup final. Beckenbauer is one of two men (with Mario Zagallo) to have won the Cup as player and as coach, and he is the only man to have won the title as team captain as well as coach.
Beckenbauer then moved into club management, and accepted a job with Olympique de Marseille in 1990 but left the club within 4 months. Marseille eventually won the 1990–91 French championship and ended runner-up of the 1990–91 European Cup.
From 28 December 1993 until 30 June 1994, and then from 29 April 1996 until 30 June of the same year, he coached Bayern Munich. His brief spells in charge saw him collect two further honours – the Bundesliga title in 1994 and the UEFA Cup in 1996.
In 1994, he took on the role of club president at Bayern, and much of the Munich giants' success in the following years has been credited to his astute management. Following the club's decision to change from an association to a limited company, he has been chairman of the advisory board since the beginning of 2002.
In 1998, he became vice-president of the DFB. At the end of the 1990s, Beckenbauer headed the successful bid by Germany to organize the FIFA World Cup 2006. He chaired the organizational committee for the World Cup and was a commentator for the Bild-Zeitung.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

He was also coach in 86 in Mexico.

Ah! Yes sir.

Awon Daddy.

Me, I was born in 1996, so I no go know. grin

pickabeau1:
Franz is a genius damn......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Beckenbauer

Yep.

First attempt, World Cup final.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Katsumoto: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Ah! Yes sir.

Awon Daddy.

Yep.

grin grin grin grin grin

No be year of birth now, na by level of interest. tongue

Don't let my little participation here fool you. grin grin grin

I have seen most of the WC matches going back to the first one. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by wayodude(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Haha my first super eagles game was in the 1988 AFCON. I was 8 at the time lol

Sagamite:

Ah! Yes sir.

Awon Daddy.

Yep.

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Anyhow maybe wilmots will do a franzz
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin

No be year of birth now, na by level of interest. tongue

Don't let my little participation here fool you. grin grin grin

I have seen most of the WC matches going back to the first one. grin grin grin grin

wayodude:
Haha my first super eagles game was in the 1988 AFCON. I was 8 at the time lol

For me, the first WC I saw was 2006. The 2014 WC would be the first I would understand what is going on and will have a lasting memory. grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by wayodude(m): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

For me, the first WC I saw was 2006. The 2014 WC would be the first I would understand what is going on and will have a lasting memory. grin grin grin

Bless
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by RealAlfranco: 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
IamAthens: . Mirallas now plays for Napoli in italy.
Are u confused or what?? Mirallas plays for Everton... Or maybe u mean Dries Mertens,who plays da same position,possess almost da same skill!! And yeah,Dries Mertens plays for napoli and he is Belgian

Why isn't he in da Belgian list sef!!

1 Like

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Katsumoto: 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sagamite:

You arrived in the UK in 1970 and only saw your first WC game in 2006!!!!! Were you working like 3 jobs at the same time which made time unavailable? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by AjanleKoko: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Oh really.
My first lucid World Cup was 'Espana 82. '86 I watched in more detail.
Guess you never saw Gordon Strachan, Paul Breitner, Aziz Bouderbala, or Norman Whiteside play then grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by edi287: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2013
IamAthens: . Mirallas now plays for Napoli in italy.
Mirallas still plays for Everton.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by elrony(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2013
Lol lets say after d WC draw we have a group like dis;

JAPAN
COLOMBIA
NIGERIA
BOSNIA(don't know if they ve qualified)

How the matter go be?? grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Syenite(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2013
@ elrony there can't b a grp like the 1 above. There must b a top seeded team in each grp. Jst substitute Colombia for Brazil & replace Bosnia with Portugal/England/Belgium and that makes a typical WC grping.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Katsumoto:

You arrived in the UK in 1970 and only saw your first WC game in 2006!!!!! Were you working like 3 jobs at the same time which made time unavailable? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

AjanleKoko:

Oh really.
My first lucid World Cup was 'Espana 82. '86 I watched in more detail.
Guess you never saw Gordon Strachan, Paul Breitner, Aziz Bouderbala, or Norman Whiteside play then grin

Enemies, no spoil my show o!

I am going to play for Nigeria in the next U-17 WC, una wan come dey pour sand for my garri.

Me, Stanley Okoro and Fortune Chukwudi have re-registered with the U-17 again. We are going to win the next U-17 WC.

Wicked men!

Nigerians never like to see their fellow man progress. Once they see you at the cusp of success, they would find a way to bring you down. grin

See dem! Adokiye Amiesimaka's blood cousins. grin
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Dynasty92: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Jarus:

We've always had a decent performance against Argentina. With Maradona, they managed to beat us 2-1 in 1994, with Crespo, Batistuta and co, they dominated us from beginning to end in 2002 but only won by 1-0, in 2010, with Messi, they always won by 1-0. We've also beaten them with 3-1 in 2011 even if it's friendly before they organized another friendly with Messi to revenge 3-1. At age grade, their 2 goals to win 2-1 in Undey-20 with Messi in 2005 were from spotkicks, while our goal came from open play. In 2008 olympics final, they struggled to beat us 1-0, courtesy Di Maria. In Olympics 96 we beat them.

Struggl or no struggl, dem dey win us steady.. Dat aside, I stil wish SE d best#wud b fun if we cud avoid argentina sha, til a later part of d tournament#
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by adegwurulez(m): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
with all dis comments u'd think the super eagles have already qualified
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by chic2pimp(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
pickabeau1:

Not sure...at this level....

Last 5 world cups

Brazil mario zagallo n scolari------ experienced

Italy -------- trappatoni ----- experience

Viscount del bosque ------ experience

Beckenbauer ---- experience

NOPE- ITALY- LIPPI
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2013
It seems even the BBC have previously done a profile of the emerging Belgium national football team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20052636

I did not even know that Boyata was Belgian.

And I wonder how anyone can place Hazard in a DM role. Or even in a CM role. I think that should have been Fellaini there.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Katsumoto: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2013
Sagamite: It seems even the BBC have previously done a profile of the emerging Belgium national football team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20052636

I did not even know that Boyata was Belgian.

And I wonder how anyone can place Hazard in a DM role. Or even in a CM role. I think that should have been Fellaini there.

Sometimes, quality is too much that you have to do that. In 1998, both Zidane and Seedorf were too awesome that Seedorf was placed as a DM in the team of the year.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by chyk91(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2013
Nice thread sagamite, but pls let's stop all these hype about osaze abeg, the guy has not played regular football since january so I don't see anyway he can make our world cup squad unless he starts getting regular game time and does some serious
arselicking. That said, I also think we overestimate nigeria's chances a lot(don't give me that afcon talk now). We are a developing side true, but we should not expect too much from this team, a 2nd round showing if the group is favourable might just be okay or at best a quarter final appearance.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2013
chyk91: Nice thread sagamite, but pls let's stop all these hype about osaze abeg, the guy has not played regular football since january so I don't see anyway he can make our world cup squad unless he starts getting regular game time and does some serious
arselicking. That said, I also think we overestimate nigeria's chances a lot(don't give me that afcon talk now). We are a developing side true, but we should not expect too much from this team, a 2nd round showing if the group is favourable might just be okay or at best a quarter final appearance.

I think we all know why he has not played regular football.

But the few times he has played, any time he comes on the pitch, you can see his effect: a creative striker that would cause trouble.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
chic2pimp:

NOPE- ITALY- LIPPI

True,,, thanks
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by omar22(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Sagamite: BELGIUM

Simply full of top players and it seems they are having a golden generation.

------------------------------------------------------Mignolet (Liverpool)

Alderweireld (A. Madrid)-------------Kompany (Man City)------------------Vermaelen (Arsenal)-------------Vertonghen (Spurs)

------------------------------------------------------Simons (C. Brugges)

----------------------------------------------Fellaini (Man U)

-----------------------Hazard (Chelsea)---------------------------------------------- Dembele (Spurs)

------------------------------------------------------------------Lukaku (Chelsea/Everton)

--------------------------------------------------Benteke (Aston Villa)

Other names

Courtois (A. Madrid) - Best Goalkeeper in La Liga in 2012-2013 season.
Van Buyten (Bayern Munich) - Champions League winner La Liga in 2012-2013 season.
De Bruyne (Chelsea)
Defour (Porto)
Mirallas (Everton)

Dembele is not a starter for Belgium
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Belgium do have a lot of upcoming talents. They've really stumbled into a lucky period with so much talent breaaking through- a feat that's amazing for such a small country. Also watch out for Chile. They're probably the 3rd best South American side (after Brazil and the Argies) and they play really intense, cohesive, rapid, attacking football that would put anyone on the backfoot - including the much vaunted Spanish.

All that said, I'm pretty convinced next year's World Cup winners will be one of Spain, Brazil and Germany.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
omar22:

Dembele is not a starter for Belgium
When he's fit, he has started every time I watch them. For me, he's easily their best central midfielder.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by omar22(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
When he's fit, he has started every time I watch them. For me, he's easily their best central midfielder.

Not anymore this is the line of Belgiums last 2 games Dembele was on the bench

Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
And Belgium has qualified for WC.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by sCun: 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sagamite: And Belgium has qualified for WC.
So so late. Your brain must be made of intel 8080 processor.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by Sagamite(m): 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
sCun: So so late. Your brain must be made of intel 8080 processor.

Shut up, person!
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by pickabeau1: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
How did we do with our pre world cup predictions

AjanleKoko: My thoughts on WC 2014:

- Brazil will likely win it.
- Argentina has an outside chance, if they can get to the final. If Germany run into them along the way, it's goodnight sweetheart embarassed
- Neither Italy nor Germany have a chance. Spain will get to the semis at least, but won't win.
- Dangerous dark horses are : Belgium, Chile, France, Holland. Maybe Colombia.

- The African teams will be well-beaten as usual. I am hoping for at least a 2nd-round showing from Nigeria. Maybe even quarters, but to get that, we would have to win our group, which is quite hard these days to do. We generally fall before the giant teams, unless they are really bad.

pickabeau1:
Brazil - too reliant on neymar - QF berth, Semi final at best

Argentina - may grow into it - They are showing some grit

Spain - see finish...

Germans - can they do it this time

Good points but i have my doubts about Brazil's mental strength and thier seeming over reliance on neymar to provide the magick

Scolari willgo dirty

Argentina seems to be getting some spine where it matters now - at the bACK

Sagamite:

Lets not deceive ourselves. If Neymar is removed from the Brazil equation, Brazil would still be able to beat virtually any national team.
Re: Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! by AjanleKoko: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
^^
LOL.

You came closest actually.
I expected one of the strong South Americans to see off Germany. However, it was a clinical dispatch of Brazil.
And Spain totally fall my hand. Fell like a pack of cards. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs And Crutches To Nigerians With Disabilities / Eden Hazard And Mesuit Ozil Claim Best Player As London Derby Nears / Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.