Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,389 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Meet The 50-year-old Strange-looking ‘reporter’ At An Asaba Conference - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The 50-year-old Strange-looking ‘reporter’ At An Asaba Conference (1180 Views)

Mercy Johnson Returns To Asaba Set After Iyr Vacation In USA(pics) / Actor Olakunle Akindele Died From A Strange Attack / Fabulous At 50! Meet The 50 Year Old Model, Elle Macpherson Aka ''the Body'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 50-year-old Strange-looking ‘reporter’ At An Asaba Conference by Kaymisola(f): 8:51am On Sep 23, 2013
Last week Tuesday, Reporters gathered at a programme in Asaba - a Delta State Micro Credit Programme (DMCP).
While covering the event, a strange reporter, claiming to be a princess from Onitsha, in Anambra State in the form of an absent-minded lady, stole the show.
One would mistake her for a lunatic. Yes, she looked like one. But on a second look, a mature and philosophical reflection, one would see the toll of hardship and frustration taking their better part on her through her worn out face.
With ‘fried’ hair and a khaki, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) jacket loosely hanging on her frail and hunger-battered shoulders, she sped to the arena, as if she had a stake in all that was happening.
Tenaciously holding to a clean customised jotter, the lady rushed to the middle of the gathering, picked her pen and mixed up with other journalists, taking some notes of an interaction reporters were having with a government functionary, the Special Adviser to Delta State governor on economic matters, Mr Afam Obiago.
At some point, the cameras of other reporters had gone into action, taking some candid shots of the strange ‘reporter’, whose appearance did not conform with that of her ‘colleagues’.
Journalists were astonished at the near-flawless knowledge of English of the seemingly deranged lady. The encounter between her and journalists went thus:
Are you a journalist?
No, I am a writer.
A writer? Can you tell us more about yourself?
Anyway I am…and my grandfather was the one that opened that bridge (pointing at a direction) so I told her that we used to cross the Niger way with ordinary boat. So they gave out land, they built the bridge, they built the church and the school too.
So, if given this loan, when do you intend to publish your own book?
Okochi: Well, it’s a long story. Well, we thought we will get to know about it, even the youth, I empower them too. Though I don’t have the money to do that but I think God is still using me.

So tell us about journalism in Nigeria and why you love it.
Well, journalism is so good in Nigeria and I love the way they are doing it now unlike in those days. I would have been a big lawyer now, but there was something that happened on the way.

What happened?
Well, it’s polygamy. I told you I was supposed to be a lawyer and my father refused to send me abroad to read law.

Do you have a family?
Okochi: Yes I have.

Tell us about your family.
Well, I am from a royal family in Onitsha.

Are you married with children?
Yes. I am married but I lost him on the way, so I am a poor widow.

How many children do you have?
Four. Two have dropped out from school because of lack of money and two are there.

Where are they now?
One is in Osun State.

Where did you school?
I schooled in IMT. I studied finance but I didn’t finish because of mathematics.

What is your age now?
Okochi: I would be 50 by December.

What is your name?
Franca Chinwe Okochi.

Although near the age of 50, Mrs Okochi could still do something meaningful with her life if she is attended to. Help should not be too far from such a gifted brain.http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/meet-50-year-old-strange-looking.html

Re: Meet The 50-year-old Strange-looking ‘reporter’ At An Asaba Conference by deeobserver209(m): 9:09am On Sep 23, 2013
Appearance can be decieving. A lesson for us to respect all.
Re: Meet The 50-year-old Strange-looking ‘reporter’ At An Asaba Conference by swtme(f): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2013
JESUS shocked

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke To Wed Nadia Buari In December,says Demons Kept Him Away From Marrying / Sexy Co-stars Damilola Adegbite And Chris Attoh In Hot Romance[video] / A Vampire’s Offload: Liverpool Set To Sell Luis Suarez To Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.