Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

#bbathechase Star, Melvin Oduah Speaks On Reality TV Experiences & More! - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / #bbathechase Star, Melvin Oduah Speaks On Reality TV Experiences & More! (774 Views)

#BBATHECHASE Susan Peters Thinks Nigeria Was Cheated / #BBATHECHASE: Feza Has Been Kicked Out Of The BBA House / #bbathechase: I Wanted To Use A Condom But Selly Wanted Raw 'sex' - Nando Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#bbathechase Star, Melvin Oduah Speaks On Reality TV Experiences & More! by iamOdino(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2013
Model, Actor, Reality Tv Star and #BBATheChase finalist, Melvin Oduah, Who's rise to fame in the entertainment industry started when he was a runner-up in Gulder Ultimate Search Season 6 – “Horn Of Valour”. The rising star who was balancing his Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Chemistry at the University of Port Harcourt with his modelling career, decided to take another shot at the limelight when he participated in the Mr.Nigeria pageant in 2011. He was also a runner-up in that competition.

Although he emerged a finalist in the just concluded #BBATheChase, and not a victor yet again, Melvin decided to sit with the Media and tells a little bit about his experience in the Nigerian entertainment industry and Big Brother Africa.

What was the reception like the moment you got back home to Nigeria?
First of all, the love that they showed us (along with Beverly Osu) at the airport was amazing. I didn’t expect anything like that. I have never seen anything like that in my life. Immediately, we got outside, the crowd was something else People were popping champagne on us, trying to drag us. If not for the security, I don’t know how it would have been. It was so awesome. It gives you that impression that people actually love and appreciate you.

What are some of the craziest things you’ve heard about yourself since you got back?
I’ve heard a lot of things. Some people ask me – ‘For 91 days, that character you pulled there, was it really you?’ I get surprised by these type of questions because who on earth can pretend non-stop for 91 days? Nobody can. The Melvin you saw on Big Brother Africa, that’s the real Melvin.

Oh! The Dillish question keeps coming every time. “Melvin, what’s wrong with you na? Why you no bring Dillish come back?” Some questions are always very funny, you know. Everybody always asks that question about Dillish.

And, what’s your answer to that question?
I tell them how it is, you know. Dillish came into the Big Brother house, letting all of us know that she had a man at home, that she has been dating for four years. She used to tell us how far they have come and how many deep things he has done for her. So, she made it known that she was not looking for a relationship in the house. As a person, I respect people’s decisions and their own opinions towards things. So, I respected that. It’s not as if I went into the house saying, “I’m coming here to find my life partner.”
Are you saying you didn’t develop any feelings for Dillish in the house?
No. Dillish and I were very close. We were cool all through, played and did a lot of things together. We were just cool friends. Housemates that were very fond of each other.

Do you find Dillish attractive?
Definitely. Who doesn’t find Dillish attractive? She’s a pretty girl.

Given that you were respecting her decision to not affect her relationship outside the house, how comfortable was it for you putting yourself in the ‘friend zone’ to this “Pretty girl”?
Ah! C’mon! There are a lot of people that are out there that I know I can have nothing to do with but I’m still very attracted to them. You can’t just help but appreciate beauty. There are a lot of them; so many people I can call, even people that are close to you, married people that are still attractive and are very nice; that look so good you can’t help but admit it. But, you know it deep within you that you can’t do anything with this person and that’s how it is with Dillish. She’s very pretty, has a very nice body and everything but it’s not easy and it’s something you have to have at the back of your mind, “Hey! There’s nothing else that can happen. You guys are just friends. That’s how it is.

What are the top things you have gained from this Big Brother experience?
I would say that I have garnered more fame, gotten a career uplift and much more love from my people.
http://www.egistonline.com/content/2013/09/23/bbathechase-star-melvin-oduah-speaks-reality-tv-experiences-relationships-more

(1) (Reply)

D'banj's Oliver Twist Is No. 9 On The MTV Top 20 / PHOTO: Doris Simeon, Daniel Ademinokan's Ex Wife, Acquires New Toy, Stuns In New / Singer Ksb Involved In A Motoraccident [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.