Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time (3646 Views)

Free New E-book On HTML And CSS / Any Webmaster In Niger To Help Register .ne Domain? / I Need A E-book That Will Give Me Good Foundations On Web Design. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by yawatide(f): 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Afam,

Though I am with you in the sense that pipmaster is just marketing his product, when you say something like this:
For web design, your best route is to follow the in built help or tutorial pages of the authoring tool you prefer.

For web programming, your best bet is to visit the website of the programming language you are interested in. There are tutorials, forums, issues that you will find invaluable.

Wouldn't you say tutorials are a form of Ebook? After all, what is an Ebook? wink
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by Afam(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2008
I am talking about tutorials from the owners of the software not ones written by someone else.

The manufacturer's manual is your safest route in understanding a product.
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by yawatide(f): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2008
and what of if, as many indeed are (at least based on my experience), it is hard to understand and someone else who managed to gain an understanding of the material, including developing additional material built upon the original manual, happened to publish something in a way that a lay man could pick it up easily, are you saying someone couldn't learn the material at a faster and better pace than if they were to read the original manual/tutorial? wink
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by Afam(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2008
I really try to avoid posts that have to do with advice as they usually end up in "you think say you sabi pass me" comments.

The best route for anyone learning something new is for the person to read the manufacturer's or software owner's manual.

Of course, someone can gain an understanding of the product and even develop additional material for beginners. The problem with this route is that there is no way for any beginner to what whether the new material is right or wrong because with the power of the internet anyone can claim to be an expert on any area and unless you take time to read everything you come across on any particular subject there is no telling who is right and who is wrong.

So, it is possible for anyone to develop additional materials but that is risky when compared to information from the owner or manufacturer.
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by yawatide(f): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2008
Just asking Afam tongue

I actually agree with what you have said. I just wanted to hear you say it grin

I typically buy books from amazon that have +ve ratings associated with it. Even if the book has 4.9 stars, I want to know what the person who gave it .1 stars has to say because that could be the very reason the book doesn't apply to me. That is another reason why I tend to take what is on the wiki with a grain of salt.

Having said that, if I happen to know of someone who commands respect in any particular field and that person decides to publish a book (physical or electronic, it doesn't matter), there is a good chance I will read it, regardless of what any one else says as again, the person commands respect in their field and I see no reason why I couldn't at least give that person the benefit of doubt.

Bottomline is, and again I am sure you will agree with me here, even if it is the owner's manual, you always have to verify for yourself that the material is correct as opposed to being gullible. Even owner's manuals are known to make mistakes sometimes.
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by Afam(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2008
Of course, if you know an expert in any area you will most likely be in luck but the key work here is "knowing" that such an expert exists in the first place.

Unfortunately, the ease the web brings as regards publishing is also the ease it brings in allowing anyone publish anything while claiming to be an expert.

That is why companies pay lots of money to consultants to enable them do away with the trash while focusing on the main thing.
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by javy4(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2008
For web design, your best route is to follow the in built help or tutorial pages of the authoring tool you prefer.

@Afam,
I know that there are two ways webpages could b put up

1.Writing out the codes on a Word Processor like NOTEPAD. I know this does not come WITH ANY TUTORIAL PAGE.

2.But if you are talking of using softwares like Frontpage then learners may decide to follow tutorial pages.

PLEASE DONT MISLEAD US!!!
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by dbehi(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2008
hello,
am interested also,my email: diamondmyworld@yahoo.com,colorfuland@myway.com

cheers,
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by destinysgu(m): 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2008
Hp im nt late
mine is chatwitdestinyschild@yahoo.com
Send it Pls !!!
Thx.
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by pipmaster(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]HELLO ALL!!! I HAVE MAILED THE E-BOOKS TO YOU ALL.

PLS CHECK YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
I ALSO INCLUDED SOME FREE E-BOOKS ON INTERNET MARKETTING.

ENJOY!!! grin
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by pipmaster(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2008
SOME of your emails are not working, so please U shd paste a valid email if you didn't get d book. THANKS grin
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by Enaks(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2008
pls i need d e-books 2
naks4dtp@yahoo.com
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by Enaks(m): 10:53am On Jul 07, 2008
pls i need d e-books 2
naks4dtp@yahoo.com
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by pipmaster(m): 11:17am On Jul 07, 2008
@enak!
Sending the ebooks to you right away.
Enjoy!!! grin
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by pipmaster(m): 9:38am On Jul 10, 2008
Hello Guys!!!
Just hope U are enjoying the books?
Hoping to ear 4rm U all soon. grin
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by tonyebrown(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2008
I'm so interested.
My email address is:

bzllbrown@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by pipmaster(m): 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2008
@tonye brown,
I have just sent d books to your mail box.

@all
My company is presently building the LARGEST ebook store on all areas of Internet business. You will find books on any concievable area in the world of internet business.

We will be selling this books @ very subsidized rates to Nigerians. That with just N1,000 you will be able to acquire a WHOLE LIBRARY OF QUALITY INTERNET BUSINESS EBOOKS, VIDEOS, SOFTWARES etc.

I will be keeping you posted subsequently.

You can decide to be one of the first to take advantage of this offering. My email address is rufryder001@yahoo.com. grin
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by yertyr(m): 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mr pip please.... I have great desire for web designing... anaezechinedu@gmail.com
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by femzysticks(m): 6:27am On Nov 18, 2014
Femzy14@gmail.com
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by philkul: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Pls am very interested God bleSs u. Philmalize@gmail.com is my mail tnks again
Re: An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time by softtegs(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
please am intrested, can you send it to my box atenagacollins@gmail.com or tegablack_vips@yahoo.com thanks.
quadrillio:
am interested please, send it to my box, quadr20_wale @ yahoo . com (no space)

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Posts On The Search Engine [Infographic] / Godaddy Payment Options / Median UI + AMP Blogger Template Premium Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.