Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,876 members, 7,841,287 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

What Should I Do? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Should I Do? (973 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
As salamun alaykum.I have decided to re- type d issue.
Re: What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Last wk
Re: What Should I Do? by Lanrefahm(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Dis is a delicate issue, i dont think nairaland is d 1 dis should b done coz in d end u just might get hurt, buh wat i know if something is bad it is bad and should be treated as something bad
Re: What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
i
Re: What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
Lanrefahm: Dis is a delicate issue, i dont think nairaland is d 1 dis should b done coz in d end u just might get hurt, buh wat i know if something is bad it is bad and should be treated as something bad
tnk sooo much.Am indeed grateful.May the Almighty bless you greatly.
Re: What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
rafhell: Take him to westgate shopping mall in #kenya and he will stop.

Ops, is this your only worry this afternoon?
There are too many thingz to worry about.
My indian boss at work lost a little niece in the kenya attack by islamic terrorist.
thank u as u enable me make up my mind to quickly remove d thread.But don't u think u ar transferring aggression just lyk the Al Shabab?I condem any person,grp or country that kill people unjustly.May the Almigthy be there for u in your time of need.And May He guide me on what to do and ease my affair too.Lv u.
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
@taimmy,May Allah in His infinite mercy guide u on what to do.Its such a delicate issue but u will be hurt more on NL especially this section as exhibited by rafhell.As to what u can do abt it,i don't know.It would've been good,u would've gotten very good & sincere advise if d thread won't be invaded by those who hate islam thus hate you and everybody that has anything to do wit islam.You might be more heart broken.I commend you for removing the thread.May Allah be continue to be your Source of inspiration and help.Aslmn alykm.
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
My sincere advice? Sit down with him and discuss it with him. Also try to find out what you are not doing right in bed sexually and what more he expect from you.
Dont make the mistake of discussing it with a third party. Not even with an imam or a party.
You alone can handle it.
May God give u d wisdom, patience and understanding.
Again, pls never discuss or bring a third party in
Re: What Should I Do? by deols(f): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
I missed the story.

Op, dont let anyone intimidate you please. whatever the issue is, you might find people to help you with it.
Re: What Should I Do? by golpen(m): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Missed the story too...
Re: What Should I Do? by tbaba1234: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Assalam Aleikum,

Unfortunately, this problem is quite common. I once stumbled on this filth on the laptop of a close acquaintance. Not something i expected and i was very disturbed by it. I installed a software on his laptop to block those websites and travelled back to America.. grin grin.. I hoped it helped.

It looks like your husband is addicted and you have to have that conversation. You can install softwares to block filth from his phone and Laptop. Then make sure you have that conversation with him. If he fears Allah, you guys can work through it. Have a honest talk. Maybe he is struggling to get off it. Don't nag, talk.

I have a course on Shame in the Quran, I can share with you. After going through it, I am certain it will help him. Go through the course together. If it does not shake him to the core then it is really bad. I do not know if it is safe to share my log-in details though.

Also, You have to protect your husband as much as you can.
Re: What Should I Do? by maclatunji: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
If he is truly your friend like you described, you have to help him.

Life throws us many challenges, this is one of yours.

My advice to you is to have a heart-to-heart talk with him. You start by telling him you know everything and it was by accident.

Secondly, let him tell you how/why he started, get the details, note them in your head. Ask him if he wants to stop. Then the next step is to find a way to help him to stop.

Remind him that he risks losing everything in this world and the next if he doesn't stop and that you are willing to help him out if he is sincere.
Re: What Should I Do? by maclatunji: 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Taimmy, I have hidden your story in order to protect you and your marriage. If you say I should unhide it I will but I don't think you should.

@All, the summary of the story is that her religious Muslim spouse is addicted to something a good Muslim should not engage in and it has to do with sex.

She is heartbroken and needs advice on what to do being Islamically conscious herself.
Re: What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
@maclatunji,tnks for hiding d post.
Re: What Should I Do? by Taimmy: 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
@maclatunji&tbaba,jazakumu lahu khayran.pls how exactly should i go abt?i don't even want to discuss it wit him.can i just put d software on his phone?and let him come across d course u are saying(lyk accidentally).i want him to change 4rm within.not thru d fact that am disappointed in him & out of shame.pls help me.(he s arnd)
Re: What Should I Do? by tbaba1234: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
Taimmy: @maclatunji&tbaba,jazakumu lahu khayran.pls how exactly should i go abt?i don't even want to discuss it wit him.can i just put d software on his phone?and let him come across d course u are saying(lyk accidentally).i want him to change 4rm within.not thru d fact that am disappointed in him & out of shame.pls help me.(he s arnd)

It is a paid course on Quranic studies so you can't come across it accidentally.

I still think you need to talk to him. Do not shy away from it. It is a difficult conversation but do it.
Re: What Should I Do? by maclatunji: 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Taimmy: @maclatunji&tbaba,jazakumu lahu khayran.pls how exactly should i go abt?i don't even want to discuss it wit him.can i just put d software on his phone?and let him come across d course u are saying(lyk accidentally).i want him to change 4rm within.not thru d fact that am disappointed in him & out of shame.pls help me.(he s arnd)

My Sister, sometimes we have to face challenges we find uncomfortable. Hence, you will have to talk to your husband about it. He is not a child despite his failings.

It is important for both you and him. I can understand that you have built your life around him being such a pious husband but you have to manage this.

Find a time he is more relaxed and put it to him that you know and that the 2 of you need to address it.

The reason for insisting you should talk is because you are distressed and your relationship will only drift apart without properly communicating about this and sorting it out.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by obinrinrere: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Asalamualaykum
Plsssss don't 4get 2 share with me.
tbaba1234: Assalam Aleikum,

Unfortunately, this problem is quite common. I once stumbled on this filth on the laptop of a close acquaintance. Not something i expected and i was very disturbed by it. I installed a software on his laptop to block those websites and travelled back to America.. grin grin.. I hoped it helped.

It looks like your husband is addicted and you have to have that conversation. You can install softwares to block filth from his phone and Laptop. Then make sure you have that conversation with him. If he fears Allah, you guys can work through it. Have a honest talk. Maybe he is struggling to get off it. Don't nag, talk.

I have a course on Shame in the Quran, I can share with you. After going through it, I am certain it will help him. Go through the course together. If it does not shake him to the core then it is really bad. I do not know if it is safe to share my log-in details though.

Also, You have to protect your husband as much as you can.

(1) (Reply)

Whats New On Islam? / Are Islamic Prophecies Pointing To Obama? / Jesus Was Truly A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.