Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? (3532 Views)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / I Want To Give My Tithe To A Brother In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by justkunmi(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2008
Paying tithe is mandatory for every Christian. . .as the Bible has said in Malachi. . and the blessings thereof are immeasurable. .

Now my question is. . Can you pay tithe in advance?

Look at this scenario. .
I earn a salary on a monthly basis say a hundred thousand. In januray, I payed a tithe of 10 grand. So february comes, and after paying my 10 grand tithe, I still have excess money to throw around, . .can I pay my tithe for March in February?
Or if there's going to be a lot of spending for me in March like say pay some fees and it wont be convenient to squeeze out my tithe, can I pay my tithe for March in February that I have a lot of money?

I need answers on this people. . .
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by KunleOshob(m): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2008
Mugun cry you don't deserve an answer
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by noetic(m): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ poster

sure u can. tithe is all about faithfulness and not the amount involved.
pay for march in february, heaven will regard u as a faithfull steward.
cheers
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by justkunmi(m): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2008
KunleOshob:

Mugun cry you don't deserve an answer

if u dont av anything to say,then dont say anything. . .
wat was the mugun word for?? some people are just not sensible. .

i asked a simple question that i feel i need answers on and this dude says trash. . .

@noetic
so if i can pay a month's advance, it meansi can stretch it and pay like for 6 months?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by KunleOshob(m): 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2008
justkunmi:

Paying tithe is mandatory for every Christianas the Bible has said in Malachi. . and the blessings thereof are immeasurable. .

Did christians even exist when Malachi was written That is apart from the fact that we all know that there is no special blessings attached to tithing. Look around you, what is the evidenced that tithers are better blessed. I just find it ridiculous that while it has been biblically established that tithing is not relevant to christians some one is thinking of paying it months in advance. If you are really a christian go and read what Jesus christ preached about giving and helping our fellow men. If you have excess money from your income go and use it to help the less priviledge that is when God would truely bless you immeasurably. Not through dashing your pastor who God did not ask you to give in the first instance. If you don't know the truth about tithes , i suggest you read other articles on tithes with their biblical references on nairaland.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by noetic(m): 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2008
justkunmi:

@noetic
so if i can pay a month's advance, it means i can stretch it and pay like for 6 months?

i dont know what that part in bold means. but sure u can pay in advance, it is also Godlike to be financially prudent and save for the rainy days.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by justkunmi(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2008
wat i meant was that if i can pay for a month in advance then i should be able to pay for 6 months in advance or even a year!!!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by KunleOshob(m): 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2008
I don't believe Justkunmi is serious about paying his tithes in advance, i think the poster for what ever reasons best known to him is just trying to promote the false doctrine of tithing.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by noetic(m): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2008
justkunmi:

what i meant was that if i can pay for a month in advance then i should be able to pay for 6 months in advance or even a year!!!

u are assuming that u have a fixed income and will never get promoted or increased in that year.
y not do as ur spirit directs, only God knows the way.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by Saharo: 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2008
Are there no needy person around you? After you have given your tithes for one month and you have excess, can't you give to the motherless babies? I'm sure they need it.

It is not only through giving tithes that our blessing comes, we can also be our brother's keeper, by helping the needy around you. Thank God you have excess, what about those that are not earning at all! I mean, those that are now working or earning enough that you sure can help, just look around you, there are many people you can bless with your abundance.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by KunleOshob(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2008
Saharo:

Are there no needy person around you? After you have given your tithes for one month and you have excess, can't you give to the motherless babies? I'm sure they need it.

It is not only through giving tithes that our blessing comes, we can also be our brother's keeper, by helping the needy around you. Thank God you have excess, what about those that are not earning at all! I mean, those that are now working or earning enough that you sure can help, just look around you, there are many people you can bless with your abundance.

Godbless you my brother for this post, this is a post from someone with a true christian spirit.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by Saharo: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2008
Saharo na woman o. God bless you too my brother.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe In Advance? by justkunmi(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2008
KunleOshob:

I don't believe Justkunmi is serious about paying his tithes in advance, i think the poster for what ever reasons best known to him is just trying to promote the false doctrine of tithing.

False doctrine??

@Saharo
Thanks so much for the needy angle. .
wat i wanted to know was if it was right or wrong to pay tithe in advance. .
i was speaking with someone and he said i would be caging myself and God if I do cos it means I'm not expecting an increase. .
someone else said it was alrite. It means you are acting in faith. . !!!

Wats wat?

(1) (Reply)

Shari'ah: The Great Brain Robbery / Why Did Jesus Give Instructions On How To Beat A Slave / "frosbel" Admits That The Bible Is Made Of "stone-age" Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.